Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Andy Roddick #13: Because we`ll always have great memories of him on Court 13 and many other courts around the world!

Welcome to the latest thread devoted to Andy Roddick. Everyone is welcome to discuss all things about Andy as long as the discussions aren`t too dirty. This is a PG-13 board after all. So lets keep things relatively clean here.

Biography

Full name: Andrew Stephen Roddick
Nicknames: A-Rod, Kid Roddick
Residence : Austin, Texas
Date of birth: August 30, 1982
Place of birth: Omaha, Nebraska
Height: 6`2"
Weight: 190 lb
Turned pro: 2000
Retired: 2012
Plays: Right-handed; two-handed backhand
Clothing: Lacoste
Raquet: Babolat Pure Drive
Shoes: Babolat

Personal

*Father, Jerry, is an investor, and mother, Blanche, is director of the Andy Roddick Foundation.
*Brother John was an All-American tennis player at University of Georgia (1996-98), operated a tennis academy in San Antonio and is currently the head coach at the University of Oklahoma. Also has coached Andy.
*Oldest brother Lawrence, a chiropractor in San Antonio, was an accomplished spring board diver and a member of U.S. Senior National Team.
*Married supermodel Brooklyn Decker on April 17, 2009.
*Hobbies include listening to music (favorites include Dave Matthews Band and John Mayer) and watching movies (favorite is Shawshank Redemption).
*When not on the road, Andy enjoys spending time with his friends boating on Lake Austin.
*Played varsity basketball in high school alongside Davis Cup teammate Mardy Fish, who trained and lived with Roddick in 1999.
*Is a big University of Nebraska football fan.

Career Titles
Singles
2001: Atlanta, Houston and Washington D.C.
2002: Memphis and Houston
2003: St. Polten, London/Queen`s Club, Indianapolis, Montreal, Cincinnati and the US Open
2004: San Jose, Miami, London/Queen`s Club and Indianapolis
2005: San Jose, Houston, London/Queen`s Club, Washington D.C. and Lyon
2006: Cincinnati
2007: London/Queen`s Club and Washington D.C.
2008: San Jose, Dubai and Beijing
2009: Memphis
2010: Brisbane and Miami
2011: Memphis
2012: Eastbourne and Atlanta

Doubles
2001: Delray Beach with Jan-Michael Gambill
2002: Houston with Mardy Fish
2006: Indianapolis with Bobby Reynolds
2009: Indian Wells with Mardy Fish

Davis Cup
Record: 31-11 (all in singles)
Member of the 2007 championship team

Highest rankings
Singles: #1(November 3, 2003-February 1, 2004
Doubles: #87(August 18, 2003)

Best Grand Slam results
Australian Open: Semifinals(2003, 2005, 2007, 2009)
French Open: 4th round(2009)
Wimbledon: Finals(2004, 2005 and 2009)
US Open: Champion(2003)

Andy in action on the court

and off it.

A little something for the ladies

Andy`s greatest triumph on the court

Rocker (Andy and Brooklyn)

Team USA

A-Rod`s Aces:
1. Hot Rod
2. -Bianca-
3. OTH_Leyton_4eva
4. -Beth-
5. Brucas4life
6. MTVVJ08
7. lovedanielmeade
8. Calgaryfan2006
9. misst89
10. L i N d $ @ y

Andy`s official site
Andy Roddick Foundation

Andy`s Twitter page
Brooklyn`s Twitter page

Last edited by Hot Rod; 05-10-2013 at 08:18 AM
Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 PM
MST Manager

Thanks much for the new thread.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for incorporating my suggestion into the title Rod

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Sweet Embrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I`m glad that y`all like the new thread. I didn`t forget to incorporate your suggestion into the title Theresa.

I was watching Team USA`s tie against Brazil this weekend and the first thing that immediately came to my mind was Andy. I wish that he was at the tie. It would`ve been so great to see him back together with the guys. Hopefully Andy will be at Team USA`s quarterfinal tie against Serbia in April at an undetermined site here in the States.

Also Andy is scheduled to play at the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am later this week. I hope that everyone will catch Andy out on the golf links.

Finally here are some pics of Andy at his exhibition match against Delpo down in Buenos Aires a few months ago.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the roddick-delpo spam!

Old 02-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

You`re very welcome Theresa. I`ll look around for some videos from the exhibition match.

Also i`m going to post any pics and/or videos of Andy at Pebble Beach as soon as they become available.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll show you this recent tweet from Andy. Nice that he is still very much involved with tennis.

This was during AO

@andyroddick
First time I've watched tennis in awhile.. ...... Djokovic is still really good #sameol hahaha

Old 02-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I saw that tweet during the Australian Open. It was so great that Andy tweeted about Nole. BTW we need to see them play an exhibition match soon. It would be the perfect opportunity to see them having a lot of fun together with some impersonations and dancing.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here are a couple of pics of Andy playing at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am along with a video.

Andy with Aaron Rodgers.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if he is any good at golf. He still looks very good

Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misst89 (View Post)
I'll show you this recent tweet from Andy. Nice that he is still very much involved with tennis.

This was during AO

@andyroddick
First time I've watched tennis in awhile.. ...... Djokovic is still really good #sameol hahaha
That is very nice.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just dropping to post a story regarding Andy filing a lawsuit.

Andy Roddick sues a charity for more than $100K, promises to give money back to charity

Now before you get huffy about the fact that now-retired and not ranked 40th in the world anymore Andy Roddick is suing a charity, there are probably some details you need to know.

The charity Miracle Match Foundation was set to pay Andy Roddick $100,000 for an appearance fee at an exhibition match last September, and while they gave the former U.S. Open two checks for $50,000, both checks bounced and Roddick had to take matters into his own hands.

Roddick sued the company for the $100,000 they owed him, and while it might seem a little strange to sue a charity, it isn't what you think. First, Roddick has promised to give the money he is asking for back to charity (all of it), and while Miracle Match Foundation might sound like something incredible, they haven't been giving much back to the community themselves.

According to a report by a Michigan television station, the charity that was founded in 1997 "has generated few funds for sick kids or leukemia research," and in '04 "was able to spend only $3,616 on "sick kids/family support" and nothing for research, while listing a negative balance of $377,000 for that year."

On top of that, according to Beyond the Baseline, the IRS doesn't even consider Miracle Match a non-profit because it has been so late with their financial statement reports.

“I simply expect Miracle Match Foundation to live up to their word and obligations,” Roddick said to Tennis.com. “They have repeatedly had issues paying the participants of their matches and very little of the money raised from these events actually goes to charity. 100% of the money I win in this case will go to the charities, which were originally supposed to benefit from that night.”

So basically Andy Roddick was promised a set amount of money to do some outings for a charity that was already struggling with money, and while he did his part the charity didn't do what they promised, and now he's taking matters into his own hands by trying to simply get the money to the people it was intended to in the first place.

Face it, Roddick doesn't need $100,000, but if you were promised something like this and the company backed out, wouldn't you be a little upset, especially if the whole idea under the umbrella was to help people? I know I would, and I think Roddick is handeling the situation rather admirably.

Source

I like to get everyone`s opinion on Andy`s suit. Personally i like that he`s suing for the right reason in giving the money back to charity.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another bit of news, Roddick has officially signed his retirement papers so he'll officially out of the rankings. He was at number 40 this week.

I think its a good cause, he obviously cares about the charity, more than keeping the money obviously

Old 02-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news about Andy filing his retirement papers. I`m glad that he went out ranked in the top 40.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just dropping by to post some news regarding Andy joining the World Team Tennis ownership group.

Also we need to wish Andy and Brooklyn a happy belated 4th anniversary.