Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-22-2018, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I’m shocked that most reviewers are taking it so easy on Octvia this season, to be honest.
This. Especially going from Bellamy fans, they're treating her like a God, their priorities seem all over the place IMO.

Quote:
Are people upset about the Lexa mention? I don’t know
Some peopel are, it seems even after Lexa being dead 7 years (THIS HURTS) people are still threatened by her. Eliza said she's a constant theme this season, so looks like we'll be getting more Lexa mentions, but people need to remember they're not bring Lexa up for Clexa reasons, but for Flame parallel reasons.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-22-2018, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And I don’t even know if that means we’ll be getting more Lexa mentions, but perhaps more of Clarke struggling with putting someone she loves in a position where she’ll shoulder the same burdens Lexa did.

In regards to Octavia . . . I’m sorry, but this show’s viewers have some serious double standards for male and female characters, and nothing will convince me otherwise. Had Bellamy been the “Red King” and been the one to do all this, viewers and critics alike would have written him off a long time ago. But because Octavia is a hot chick who can handle a sword, her storyline is still “badass.” It drives me crazy.
ICON
Old 07-22-2018, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate when people call her badass

Beating the crap out of your brother is not badass
Being emotionally abusive to the man who raised you is not badass
Trying to murder your friends is not badass
Forcing people you care about to fight in a pit is not badass
Fighting a war that doesn’t need to be fought is not badass
Burning down a viable food source and taking away people’s choice is not badsss

You not what is badass?

Busting down from space and saving your girl
Saving your sister and her people from an underground bunker
Doing absolutely everything you can to protect your girlfriend even is everyone doesn’t get it
Making decisions that break your heart because it’s the right thing to do
Sacrificing your own safety and happiness again and again for the ones you love.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚

Last edited by a little chaos; 07-22-2018 at 01:29 PM
Old 07-22-2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

PREACH!
ICON
Old 07-22-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kinda wanna share that with Twitter tbh, but doubt it would go down well.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-22-2018, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, I think you should. Are there really that many blinded Octavia stans out there?
ICON
Old 07-22-2018, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To be honest, I understand Octavia fans standing by her, when we love a character that’s just what we do.

Where I draw the line is Bellamy stans backing Octavia just to be spiteful toward Bellamy cause he isn’t acting “accordingly”, most of this draws back to his loyalty to Echo. Fans are basically hating on him for being with Echo and putting Octavia on a pedestal cause she’s the antithesis of Bellamy.

It’s pure spite, plain and simple.

It’s similar to some people only shipping Becho cause they hate Bellarke.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-22-2018, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, yeah, the masquerading Becho shippers. I think that’s been going on for years now.

Are people still upset with Bellamy? I thought that would start to die down after the last episode. I mean, I’ll admit, the only time I have really liked Octavia this season is when she was reminding Bellamy of all the **** Echo did, but I’ve been very open about the fact that I don't think Octavia has any reason to forgive Echo. Other than that, I’ve disliked her. She’s treated her brother like absolute garbage. How can any Bellamy fan favor her right now when she’s been so horrible to him?

If they wanna reduce Bellamy to a ship in season 5, then that’s their loss. I think this has been a very interesting season for Bellamy.
ICON
Old 07-22-2018, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Bellamy resentment has died down, but it’s still there.

I saw a BC tweet that they think Octavia has carried this season on her back, it was a very popular tweet I don’t get it. But I think there’s a difference between liking Octavia as a person and liking her as a character.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Octavia has driven a lot of the plot this season, but to say that she’s carried it is such an overstatement. No one character ever carries a show or season.

It’s interesting that both Bob and Eliza were surprised Octavia hadn’t gotten a more negative response out of fans this season. They’re so used to their own characters being picked apart for every decision. I think Octavia has also benefitted from the fact that plenty of people have spent a lot of time laying into Bellamy this season (for reasons I still don’t understand). Like after 5x05, people were too busy talking about him (and Bellarke) to talk about her as much. And I thought that was a horrible episode for her.

And once again, let’s not overlook the fact that she’s a hot chick who can handle a sword. I swear, Bellamy would be raked through the coals if he did even half the things she did.
ICON
Old 07-23-2018, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Octavia has carried the season? I very much disagree with that, this show clearly has two leads and Octavia isn't one of them. Also, her story is intrinsically tied to Bellamy's, no matter what, even this season.

I don't know, I feel like there's a lot of negativity when it comes to Octavia's storyline this season ... maybe not from the general media but for sure, the fans. I don't really see it as being too different from the reactions that Bellamy's actions have invoked in the past. Plus, Bellamy/Pike killing so many Grounders - that is still a darker turn and a more horrendous action compared to what Octavia has done so far, IMO.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-23-2018, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really, Sarah? You think Bellamy/Pike is worse than Octavia? Hmm, I don’t see how. It was horrible, no doubt, but they truly believed they were doing what was right for their people. I struggle to see how one could say that Octavia is burning down the hydrofarm for the same reasons. Neither Bellamy nor Pike would have ever destroyed food for their people.

Plus, Octavia is killing her OWN people. I just . . . I don’t know, they’re not comparable to me.
ICON