Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-12-2017, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Season one would be my honorable mention.
ICON
Old 10-12-2017, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still torn between season 1 and 4 for the list. Hmmm.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 10-12-2017, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great choices, Paulina and April, Day Trip was such a pivotal episode for Bellamy, the first time we ever saw him truly vulnerable and to Clarke

I'm interested that no one has mentioned season 2, especially with the MW stuff, but I understand because how important season 1 and 4 were in terms of his development and then his redemption arc which sort of brought everything full circle.

D a y 1
BELLAMY BLAKE

f a v o u r i t e | e p i s o d e
THE OTHER SIDE | 4X11

Do better today than we did yesterday,
that’s what he told me.
That’s how we deserve to survive.

Well, Bellamy absolutely broke my heart in this episode!
but also, I somehow fell even more in love with him,
after everything that happened in S3,
I honestly wasn't sure the character could recover from it,
but his redemption arc was done just beautifully
and 4x11 was when it was really cemented,
the episode really portrayed the essence of who Bellamy is,
a big hearted and compassionate man,
who is brave and loyal and would do anything for the people who cares for.
That's why its my favourite episode for him!

Honourable mentions:
Gimmie Shelter
His Sister's Keeper
Day Trip
Coup de Grace

______

f a v o u r i t e | s e a s o n
SEASON 4

Oh, season 4 Bellamy was just perfect, I can't fault him!
As much as I loved him all the other seasons
this season has to be my favourite for him.
not just for all the things he did right
but also because it's the most recent version of Bellamy
all the things that happened in the previous seasons
have moulded him into the man we see before us
and I wouldn't have him any other way!

Runner up:
Season 2
___

gifs:
x

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 10-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, Becks, we are so in sync even though we chose different episodes. I really almost went with "The Other Side." And with the honorable mentions you listed . . . we've got them all in common!

Yaaassss for season four Bellamy!

Personally, as much as I enjoy season two Bellamy, I prefer the Bellamy who gets to anchor the show's most emotional storylines rather than the action-heavy plot lines.
ICON
Old 10-13-2017, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel we definitely included all the "iconic" Bellamy episodes in our mentions

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 10-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great choices, Becks. I really like what you said here:

Quote:
but also because it's the most recent version of Bellamy
all the things that happened in the previous seasons
have moulded him into the man we see before us
It's true because though season 3 Bellamy was a difficult version of him for us as viewers to watch, it also contributed to the person who he is today. One who is determined not to repeat history and make the same mistakes and striving to be a better version of himself, always.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-13-2017, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just gonna say it: Without season three Bellamy, we don't get season four Bellamy. I loved him in season two like everyone else, but it wouldn't have made sense for him to continue on that same trajectory in the third season. With the way he and Clarke ended things in Mount Weather, season three had to be darker, because they were darker, both of them. I'll forever hate the pacing of his storyline in 3x04 in particular, but I don't hate the storyline itself. And like I said, it's what sets the stage for Bellamy in season four, and season four Bellamy is something I would not have wanted to miss out on.
ICON
Old 10-14-2017, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

All great characters lose their way at some point and it would be boring if they didn't, and it's interesting because even though I didn't agree with a lot of what Bellamy did in season 3, I also really related to him in season 3 too, after everything he had gone through, all the loss and betrayal, living with the things he had done, how could you expect him not to become bitter and twisted? I honestly can't say I wouldn't have been the same as Bellamy cause I probably would have. It's easy to judge someone when you're on the outside looking in, but actually living through what Bellamy has lived through, you don't know how you'd handle it yourself.

That's why season 4 Bellamy is so important, it took insane courage for him to own up to those mistakes and strive to be a better man, because by doing so he had to deal with all the things he had done head on, pick himself up and start again. That's so unbelievably difficult. I know this more than anyone.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 10-14-2017, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Too Keen (View Post)
All great characters lose their way at some point and it would be boring if they didn't, and it's interesting because even though I didn't agree with a lot of what Bellamy did in season 3, I also really related to him in season 3 too, after everything he had gone through, all the loss and betrayal, living with the things he had done, how could you expect him not to become bitter and twisted? I honestly can't say I wouldn't have been the same as Bellamy cause I probably would have. It's easy to judge someone when you're on the outside looking in, but actually living through what Bellamy has lived through, you don't know how you'd handle it yourself.

That's why season 4 Bellamy is so important, it took insane courage for him to own up to those mistakes and strive to be a better man, because by doing so he had to deal with all the things he had done head on, pick himself up and start again. That's so unbelievably difficult. I know this more than anyone.
ICON
Old 10-15-2017, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think people sometimes shy away from admitting they love season 3 Bellamy, but I do love season 3 Bellamy, I love every version of him, they good and the bad and everything in between.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 10-15-2017, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You can still love and appreciate a character without loving and appreciating their choices 100% of the time.
ICON
Old 10-17-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I'm just gonna say it: Without season three Bellamy, we don't get season four Bellamy. I loved him in season two like everyone else, but it wouldn't have made sense for him to continue on that same trajectory in the third season. With the way he and Clarke ended things in Mount Weather, season three had to be darker, because they were darker, both of them. I'll forever hate the pacing of his storyline in 3x04 in particular, but I don't hate the storyline itself. And like I said, it's what sets the stage for Bellamy in season four, and season four Bellamy is something I would not have wanted to miss out on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Too Keen (View Post)

Well said, girls. I always disliked the pacing of the storyline than anything else, but the actual storyline ... I can understand why he'd feel that way and think that he was doing the right thing, but was sadly misguided in that sense. And as you guys have also said, Season 4 Bellamy would have felt less ... earned and his character development would not have felt so realistic if it wasn't for season 3 Bellamy. When you hit rock bottom, the only way is up. And what Kane told him was so important, that it matters more what he does now ... since he can't take back what he did do. No matter how much he wants to turn back time and make a different decision.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-17-2017, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Also, we should really be thankful that Bellamy is well-developed enough and complex enough as a character that he can even handle such dark storylines. Not every character on TV can do that.
ICON
Old 10-17-2017, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Absolutely. It takes a complex, well-thought out character to be able to handle the gravitas of such a dark/heavy storyline ... Bellamy took massive amount of flak in season 3 in any case but ultimately, if he wasn't such a strong character in the first place, I honestly think that it would have totally destroyed any love that fans had for the character. And thankfully, that didn't happen.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-18-2017, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Absolutely, I totally agree.

I love when you use the word "gravitas," by the way.
ICON