Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2016, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

Yep, I have not seen it.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Applause, applause. I completely agree, Becks.
Glad you agree April

It does make me laugh though, Bellamy gets beaten the crap out of by the sister he raised and electrocuted by Clarke. Lexa gets a knife to her throat and spat at by Clarke. Yet they're painted as the abusive ones. And the others are these willing "victims", trust me, Clarke and Octavia can take care of themselves and stand their own ground.

LOOK AT THESE PUPPIES

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 10-23-2016, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

They look so cute!!!!1

Old 10-24-2016, 12:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Too Keen (View Post)
That thread is weird because because half the people think Bellamy is "abusive" and the other half think Lexa is "abusive". So which is it? Want the answer? NEITHER. This is a word thrown around far to often in fandom. I doubt Jason and the writers sat down one day and said let's write the shows two most impacting relationships in a toxic and abusive style. Let's make the shows main male lead abusive and manipulative. Let's make the main female leads love interest abusive and manipulative.
People will say anyone is abusive nowadays to validate their ship, it's like calling bellarke shippers homophobes for not shipping Clexa. I do have a vision of the clexa dynamic from which Lexa might be a little bit abusive, but it's not willingly, she doesn't realise it and it's got a lot to do with the pressure Clarke puts upon herself, that, under her own pressure's light, Lexa's influence tends to be a bit abusive in a way. But it's not in the sense that "oh, she's such a terrible person", but more in the sense that, to me, the relationship isn't a healthy one. But, yeah, people will take anything and turn into abusive...

When it comes to movies, I often say I ship something if it's not endgame or if it's not consensus, such as PotC's Will and Elizabeth, or my Star Wars ships (because they are many films) or Zibby/Jesse, from Liberal Arts, who don't end up together.
"Because I love you, you idiot!"