Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2020, 06:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis (View Post)
She is a billionaire so probably doesn't care.
Not only that, there are plenty of people who think just like her

Tori
Old 09-17-2020, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
sadly, i think she is suffering from dementia or something mental/trauma related. please seek help.
Why do you think that?
Old 09-18-2020, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongIceFire (View Post)
Why do you think that?

because everything she says now, is completely counter to her early 00s interviews and messages of acceptance, tolerance, and coexistence. it's like she's a different person now. if you look up symptoms of dementia and other memory-related personality disorders associated with older people, and aging, it's that they forget who they are, their values, and sometimes become literal parrots of something that influences them once they are in this sad stage of mental deterioration. she makes no sense at all.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 09-18-2020, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

interesting theory. i agree, she isn't making any sense. something is wrong with her. i hope she comes to her senses but after everything she said, i doubt it...
Old 09-18-2020, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think this is dismissive and unfair to both the LGBT community and people with mental health issues.

Sometimes people are just that ignorant and hateful. Let's call it what it is, transphobia.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

it's a theory only. we put out our thoughts and question why the sudden change? or was i just in my bubble and never saw the signs? few years ago she wasn't saying anything like that and this year, she is throwing it all out of the window. why that? is she seeking attention? has she lost her nerves? oh whatever it is, i am so damn disappointed. but again, Emma and Dan speaking out against JKR and encouraging transgender people made me so happy! those are the real ones i am connecting with HP, not JKR any longer!

and yes, she is surely transphobic. i just don't get why now? and why saying it over and over again and making herself a bad image. this is what doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 09-18-2020, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

We don't know if it was sudden or not, she only made her views this public within the past year.

Back in the early 2000's or even a few years ago, transwomen weren't as visible or part of the feminist discourse. It's entirely possible that those are her actual views and there's nothing going on.

Old 09-18-2020, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
because everything she says now, is completely counter to her early 00s interviews and messages of acceptance, tolerance, and coexistence. it's like she's a different person now. if you look up symptoms of dementia and other memory-related personality disorders associated with older people, and aging, it's that they forget who they are, their values, and sometimes become literal parrots of something that influences them once they are in this sad stage of mental deterioration. she makes no sense at all.
I think she has been brainwashed by right wing media, that whole brainwahsing process happens faster than people thing, it's also known as gaslighting. They (the right wing elites and their online troll armies) make you question your ideals and especially the weak minded fall for it. I'm seeing it a lot on socila media how "ex-liberals" turn more and more right wing even to the pointto support trump and similar figures. It's well possibl, maybe even likely, that deep down they have always had these bigoted views, but they were well beneath the surface and trumps rethoric brought the worst out of the world not just america. He's the pure and uncontrolled evil. A giant surge in openly bigoted behavior, elections of bigoted politicians in many actually liberal countries etc happened, and it all started around the mid 2010s even though these views have been in society forever of course, just well not openly displayed like that.

Last edited by Arrakis; 09-18-2020 at 10:44 AM
Old 09-18-2020, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Since Trump came to power some of the bigotry might be more visible and mainstream but yeah, it didn't start with Trump. It was always there, people just weren't this open about it. And today there are more tools to spread your opinions.

The right wing conspiracy theories (e.g. Soros paying people do protest) have been around since the early 90s, if not longer.

I think in her case it's just that side of the feminist movement who simply isn't inclusive.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Who knows what's wrong with her. I don't connect HP any more to JKR and I am completely done with her.

EC | ADC

Old 09-19-2020, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Since Trump came to power some of the bigotry might be more visible and mainstream but yeah, it didn't start with Trump. It was always there, people just weren't this open about it. And today there are more tools to spread your opinions.

The right wing conspiracy theories (e.g. Soros paying people do protest) have been around since the early 90s, if not longer.

I think in her case it's just that side of the feminist movement who simply isn't inclusive.
I didn't know the soros conspiracy theory was around for this long, but well guess that's even worse then.

Maybe someone should ask people like her "If you are not inclusive and supportive towards lgbt people, how can you then expect men to be inclusive and supportive of women's rights causes?"

Last edited by Arrakis; 09-20-2020 at 11:53 AM
Old 09-20-2020, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i really want a critical interview with her in which she is confronted with such questions!
Old 09-20-2020, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I'd wish that too. But the press can barely do a confrontational interview with trump, let alone with other jerks.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

So many bad People are in charge
Old 09-21-2020, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

what do you guys think?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread