And an inspiration as well

https://commanderlexaofthegrounders....lets-show-some

EC | ADC

Old 02-27-2020, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
at least there was never a moment she was in a bad storyline or was out of character or anything like that. imagine them messing up Lexa's character completely like they did with Alicia. don't know what's worse...
Honestly they did mess up lexa at some point already, at the end of season 2 she and trikru acted totally out of character when lexa betrayed clarke to make a deal with the mount wheather people. I mean ice nation would've done that surely, but it was totally ooc for lexa. I mean trikru always valued honour in all aspects of life and to avenge their fallen ones, like they would risk their own lives to fight the sky people bc they killed some of grounders and wanted to punish finn at all costs, never would the real lexa have retreated from a battle and even made a deal with people who imprisoned, tortured and killed several grounders to get their bone marrow. Especially since not killing your enemies and making deals with them would've been seen as weak by other clans. So this was a case of bad writing from JR and his team, they didn't really know the characters they created.

Luckily they got the lexa writing back on track in season 3. But overal it was better lexa died, bc it would've only been a matter of time until they'd have messed her up again. I just wish they gave her a honourable death.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Honestly they did mess up lexa at some point already, at the end of season 2 she and trikru acted totally out of character when lexa betrayed clarke to make a deal with the mount wheather people. I mean ice nation would've done that surely, but it was totally ooc for lexa. I mean trikru always valued honour in all aspects of life and to avenge their fallen ones, like they would risk their own lives to fight the sky people bc they killed some of grounders and wanted to punish finn at all costs, never would the real lexa have retreated from a battle and even made a deal with people who imprisoned, tortured and killed several grounders to get their bone marrow. Especially since not killing your enemies and making deals with them would've been seen as weak by other clans. So this was a case of bad writing from JR and his team, they didn't really know the characters they created.

Luckily they got the lexa writing back on track in season 3. But overal it was better lexa died, bc it would've only been a matter of time until they'd have messed her up again. I just wish they gave her a honourable death.

i am not disagreeing with anything you said, i just want to show something in rationalizing her actions as Commander of her 12 clan's warriors, not defending her action but showing context. Lexa was conflicted and torn up by her action and impending betrayal, you can see that clearly, she knew she was losing Clarke for all intents and purposes, yet she resolutely carried through. why? because of most of that blood on her face, it wasn't hers or MW people killed, it was the blood of her warriors chopped down by machine guns, warriors with shields torn to shreds by .50cal machine guns. what kind of Commander could take much of that?! she had to make a decision to save hundreds of her warriors. i am not defending leaving Clarke and her people to die at MW, just providing rationale for the heart of a warrior/commander used to a lifetime of war and bloodshed. like she said, she made the decision with her head, not her heart. i remain sad at her betrayal and the agonized/shocked/pleading look on Clarke's face.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 02-28-2020, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)

i am not disagreeing with anything you said, i just want to show something in rationalizing her actions as Commander of her 12 clan's warriors, not defending her action but showing context. Lexa was conflicted and torn up by her action and impending betrayal, you can see that clearly, she knew she was losing Clarke for all intents and purposes, yet she resolutely carried through. why? because of most of that blood on her face, it wasn't hers or MW people killed, it was the blood of her warriors chopped down by machine guns, warriors with shields torn to shreds by .50cal machine guns. what kind of Commander could take much of that?! she had to make a decision to save hundreds of her warriors. i am not defending leaving Clarke and her people to die at MW, just providing rationale for the heart of a warrior/commander used to a lifetime of war and bloodshed. like she said, she made the decision with her head, not her heart. i remain sad at her betrayal and the agonized/shocked/pleading look on Clarke's face.
i do have to agree with that. she was a great leader for her people cause she chose the best for them. and back then Clarke wasn't one of her people. i think actually her betraying Clarke was very in character since back then she lived by the motto "my people come first" and she didn't allow her to follow her feelings or her heart but rather her head. as she said, she failed this decision with her head and not her heart. but i totally understand where Gabriel is coming from. the end scene with her and Clarke was heartbreaking.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I saw Lexa as antagonist first, then as anti heroine and then as heroine.

EC | ADC

Old 02-28-2020, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)

she has this amazing ability to be all three of those, in equal measure, and yet so much more.

Old 02-28-2020, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)

But that is what I'm saying a commander that would not fight off those that hurt her people ould be seen as bad even if that meant fighting till the last man. So I have to sort of disagree with your point of view. For me it was crappy writing from JR who just wanted to have some shock value and subvert people's expectations. I know you dislike that term, but that is exactly what jr wanted to do, subvert expecations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
i do have to agree with that. she was a great leader for her people cause she chose the best for them. and back then Clarke wasn't one of her people. i think actually her betraying Clarke was very in character since back then she lived by the motto "my people come first" and she didn't allow her to follow her feelings or her heart but rather her head. as she said, she failed this decision with her head and not her heart. but i totally understand where Gabriel is coming from. the end scene with her and Clarke was heartbreaking.
But my people come first is not fitting there, bc it would mean making a deal with those that killed and tortured many grounders and betray the woman you love and leaver her to die. That is something many modern politicians would do of course to prevent a war, but it does not fit the blood must have blood mentality of the grounders, especially given how much they at all costs wanted to kill finn after what he did in that village, I mean she also risked many of her people's lives to get fin, bc that is what the clans expected, so yes this was out of character.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

i miss her terribly.

Old 02-29-2020, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Quote:
This!
Old 02-29-2020, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

There are some flaws in the writing but the acting has always been perfect to me and her charatcer has always been the most interesting.

EC | ADC

Old 02-29-2020, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
There are some flaws in the writing but the acting has always been perfect to me and her charatcer has always been the most interesting.

i agree.

Old 02-29-2020, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Yes, though personally maybe I never felt as attached to her as most of you guys, I mean she was definitely an iconic lgbt hero, bc there isn't many of them sadly. But as for felame heroes I'd say she's one of many badass female heroes we see nowadays, but not outstanding. Outstanding are gal's wonder woman, daenerys or katniss everdeen for example as well as a few others maybe. To be that outstanding among female heroes lexa would've had to be the lead character of her show. For a majority of world-wide fans even supergirl is more outstanding as female hero.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I think everyone has a different opinion of outstanding. Supergirl for example isn't outstanding at all for me. Lexa is for me.