Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2021, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

It sucks big time. I have no real motivation to watch anything except Alycia.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Showrunners are clowns. While this is a very watchable show now, there's nothing they can do to repair the damage done. Of course, as soon as Gimple shows up on FEAR, three years of brilliant storytelling were just thrown away like it didn't matter
Old 01-09-2021, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
The Madison-Nick-Troy dynamic is something I've never seen before. The Erickson era was a really nice social commentary on reality as well, and was very suspenseful because of it. Erickson loved to show minorities and unusual sides of life. There was an episode completely in Spanish about Daniel. There was a lot commentary about racism, about faith.
Definitely agree with that, though I admit I skipped the spanish episode mostly. I was too annoyed to read every single subtitle.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i liked it but i wouldn't want too many episodes of that...
Old 01-11-2021, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I was a fan of alicia and the clarks, that episodes had nothing to do with them so I found it a bit boring tbh. I watched part of it later, but not everything.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too but I forced myself through them and ended up liking them (speaking about seasons 1-3). Even when episodes were more about Daniel or the Ottos for example I still was excited in the end. The characters were just good.

EC | ADC

Old 01-12-2021, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I definitely agree.

I must say i surprisingly liked most of the world beyond characters. There was two teens I find quite annoying and boring, but the two protagonists who are sisters are likeable and kinda interesting actually, same as the two adult campus colony police officers that help them on their way (of which one - plot twist - is a CRM spy). Def. more than any of the fear characters aside of alicia and strand.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

So they are better than the annoying new characters of Fear like June, Morgan, Al etc?
Old 01-13-2021, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongIceFire (View Post)
So they are better than the annoying new characters of Fear like June, Morgan, Al etc?
Besides two teens on beyond who are rather annoying tbh, most are indeed better. The only teen characters I like more are of course season 1-2 alicia and nick. Those were the best teen or tween characters on any of the twd shows by far.

But most beyond characters are more interesting then the lousy teens on fear like charlie or ginny's sister or the TWD teens like omega (alpha's daughter) and her secret boyfriend from hilptop. Though I needed like like 3-4 episodes to like them, initially they are not very interestign either, on beyond i mean. But once thery grow closer and become more characters of their own they become more interesting.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I guess this show is specific for teens then who can relate more to the characters instead of the adults from TWD/FTWD
Old 01-14-2021, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

To some degree yes, but I actually kinda enjoyed it, especially the last few episodes despite not being a teen anymore. They also have two adults leads.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

so, i decided i will watch the first episode today
Old 01-15-2021, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Ok
Old 01-16-2021, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

How was it?
Old 01-16-2021, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

it was not as bad as i thought. i like the four teenage group and especially the sisters. i think as a TWD franchise fan, it's a nice goodie for knowing more about the CRM people. not sure if i have the muse to continue but i think the pilot was not bad at all.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread