Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-07-2016, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyღ (View Post)
What is Carnaval? It sounds like fun
In the Netherlands it's a 4 day "event" where people dress up in crazy outfits (like people in America do with Halloween) and party. It is a lot of fun. We also have parades with really big floats.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay0212 (View Post)
Peyton and the Broncos!!! You?
Same! I hate the Panthers so much.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

wow that sounds so cool Miranda I would love that!
Old 02-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In the Netherlands it's a 4 day "event" where people dress up in crazy outfits (like people in America do with Halloween) and party. It is a lot of fun. We also have parades with really big floats.
It's a 4 day event here too, but the parties vary in different regions and cities. Like, in Rio and São Paulo they have the big parades with floats and costumes. In Salvador it's common to "run after" the "trio elétrico" which is a vehicle (like a truck) on which famous singers and bands perform, the vehicle goes around the city and people follow it while dancing and partying. Here in Tupã, we go to the avenue, where there's live music, and people dance to it. Sometimes there are "blocos" which are groups of people who get together to party in the avenue all wearing the same t-shirt. Each group makes up a choreography, and at the end of the holiday, one group is the winner, usually the most cheerful one
Old 02-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I slept on and off from Friday night around 9 until Saturday night around 11. I'm still sleepy.

How is everyone?

Donna
Old 02-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like so much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♕Misha's Minion♕ (View Post)
Same! I hate the Panthers so much.
I don't care for Cam. He looks too cocky all the time. Glad he was taken down a notch yesterday. I am so happy for Peyton and the Broncos.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Khaleesi~ (View Post)
It's a 4 day event here too, but the parties vary in different regions and cities. Like, in Rio and São Paulo they have the big parades with floats and costumes. In Salvador it's common to "run after" the "trio elétrico" which is a vehicle (like a truck) on which famous singers and bands perform, the vehicle goes around the city and people follow it while dancing and partying. Here in Tupã, we go to the avenue, where there's live music, and people dance to it. Sometimes there are "blocos" which are groups of people who get together to party in the avenue all wearing the same t-shirt. Each group makes up a choreography, and at the end of the holiday, one group is the winner, usually the most cheerful one
That sounds like so much fun. I saw the carnival in Brazil on tv once and the costumes the women were wearing were so pretty.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

That's awesome that there's so much variety Ju. I bet it's a lot of fun.

I just remembered we do have Mardi Gras which lasts for at least a couple weeks. I don't think it's nationwide though. It's mainly in Galveston (which is like 30 mins from me) and New Orleans. Galveston tends to only celebrate it on the weekends, but New Orleans celebrates everyday for the full two weeks and has a a new parade everyday unless the weather is crappy. The people riding the floats have lots of beaded necklaces in various colors like gold, silver, metallic purple, and metallic green. Lots of people try to collect as many beaded necklaces as they can. Which leads to women lifting their clothes and flashing their boobs at the people who are riding the floats to get them to throw lots of beads at them. Some people do dress up in costumes as well but it's usually just a small percentage of the people participating.

I don't usually go to Mardi Gras though. I have my own boobs and don't really need to see anyone else's.

Hey Donna Hope you catch up on sleep soon.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a lot of fun, indeed I'm watching the Rio parades tonight, so beautiful
Old 02-09-2016, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

We have Mardi Gras here too, but in Sydney.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mardi Gras sounds like a lot of fun as well!
Old 02-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

how's everyone doing?? It's finally cooled down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyღ (View Post)
That's awesome that there's so much variety Ju. I bet it's a lot of fun.

I just remembered we do have Mardi Gras which lasts for at least a couple weeks. I don't think it's nationwide though. It's mainly in Galveston (which is like 30 mins from me) and New Orleans. Galveston tends to only celebrate it on the weekends, but New Orleans celebrates everyday for the full two weeks and has a a new parade everyday unless the weather is crappy. The people riding the floats have lots of beaded necklaces in various colors like gold, silver, metallic purple, and metallic green. Lots of people try to collect as many beaded necklaces as they can. Which leads to women lifting their clothes and flashing their boobs at the people who are riding the floats to get them to throw lots of beads at them. Some people do dress up in costumes as well but it's usually just a small percentage of the people participating.

I don't usually go to Mardi Gras though. I have my own boobs and don't really need to see anyone else's.

I wish we had Mardi Gras here!
Old 02-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay0212 (View Post)
Sounds like so much fun!!

I don't care for Cam. He looks too cocky all the time. Glad he was taken down a notch yesterday. I am so happy for Peyton and the Broncos.
He thinks he's so much better then anyone else. I hate that!
Old 02-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey all
Old 02-09-2016, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♕Misha's Minion♕ (View Post)
He thinks he's so much better then anyone else. I hate that!
Didn't get to watch the post game interviews but heard he was still acting like it.