Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2016, 01:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

ha thanks for those gifs. thats so not true. a female show is what we needed

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-23-2016, 11:53 PM
Moderator Manager

And really, I like how they've shown Jessica & Trish's friendship grow on the show and that with Trish knowing about Jessica's powers, it didn't drive them apart. It only strengthened their friendship.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

it did. she never once left Jessica alone and vice versa

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-24-2016, 10:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

it did. she never once left Jessica alone and vice versa

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-24-2016, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

exactly, they only continued to worry about one another - they just became sisters.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:49 AM
Moderator Manager

They are definitely like sisters. I'm really so excited for the show to explore more of their friendship which I think is the heart of the show.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

it definitely is. gosh i need to rewatch the snow now that I know it will be forever til season 2

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-30-2016, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
And really, I like how they've shown Jessica & Trish's friendship grow on the show and that with Trish knowing about Jessica's powers, it didn't drive them apart. It only strengthened their friendship.

Perfectly said!

| Not only is a female fronted superhero series, but there is this amazing female friendship at the core of it. And also I’m curious, because it’s gotten a lot of attention from the press, about the female sexuality aspect of the series. Was that something you guys were aware of when you were filming it? Were there conversations about that?
+++
Old 07-31-2016, 02:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

haha oh thats cool. well ex lovers would have been great as well but i love the sisterly dymanic they have on the show

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 08-06-2016, 12:35 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
| Not only is a female fronted superhero series, but there is this amazing female friendship at the core of it. And also I’m curious, because it’s gotten a lot of attention from the press, about the female sexuality aspect of the series. Was that something you guys were aware of when you were filming it? Were there conversations about that?
+++
I love that Kyrsten sounded disappointed that Jessica & Trish are not ex-lovers.

Old 08-06-2016, 02:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

just imagine they would have gona that route. what would you think about it?

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 08-06-2016, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd probably ship them harder than I already do
Old 08-07-2016, 12:07 AM
Moderator Manager

I know one of my friends ships them romantically. She hates that they're just friends on the show.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
do you have any sense of themes you want to explore in season 2?
melissa rosenberg: i’m interested in continuing to explore the relationship between trish and jessica. That is the core relationship in the piece. It is about female friendship, it is about how friends evolve — they’re sisters, really — and it’s about how they evolve and ping off each other. I’m interested in relationships, whether they be romantic, or family, or friends, or professional — that’s what’s interesting to me, is jessica in relationship to people.

there are also fans out there who want to see a romantic side to jessica and trish.
there are. A lot of people saw that in their relationship. Honestly, i love that people are seeing that. I’m fine with that. It’s not what interests me about their relationship. To me, it’s about their history, and their trust and connection.

how does that relationship change in the wake of what they went through in season 1?
they started off estranged in season 1, and then came together in the most profound way, where jessica was willing to sacrifice herself for trish. And trish was becoming an equal partner in this relationship. There’s always this element between them of trish has everything — beauty, grace, success and she’s educated — she has everything you could possibly want, except powers. Jessica has the powers. She’s very comfortable with those powers. One of the places that we’re never going is her going, “oh, i don’t want to have powers anymore.” that’s bewitched and i’m never going there. That’s our character. It’s an interesting dichotomy of them figuring out there’s an envy involved, there’s support, there’s compassion, there’s frustration. For trish, it’s, “what i could do if i had your powers.” i don’t think jess feels that as much. Jess doesn’t care about money or fame or any of that; she would never want any of it. But i think she would love to have the normalcy of her life in some way. Actually, what she envies most of trish is her heart, i think, because trish is such a giving, loving person, and is really about helping other people. Jessica just can’t quite get there. I think if she envies anything in trish, it would be her generosity.

Old 08-16-2016, 06:40 AM
Passionate Fan

please add me

Love these 2 characters. I actually thought at first that they were ex lovers or something

Last edited by Swift2Potter; 08-16-2016 at 08:51 AM