Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2016, 12:22 AM
Moderator Manager

Episode 1x01 - Ladies Night

EPISODE 1 - "Ladies Night"
Jessica Jones, an alcoholic private investigator "gifted" with superhuman strength and flight, delivers a subpoena to strip-club owner Gregory Spheeris for lawyer Jeri Hogarth (who is having an affair with her assistant Pam behind the back of her wife Wendy Ross-Hogarth), exposing her abilities to him in the process. While not working, Jones spies on Luke Cage, a bar owner who sees her looking into his bar and offers her free alcohol as a "Ladies Night" promotion, leading to the two sleeping together. She leaves upset after seeing a photo of a woman in his bathroom. Jones is approached by Barbara and Bob Shlottman after their daughter Hope began acting differently and disappeared. While investigating, Jones discovers that Hope is with Kilgrave, a man with mind control abilities whose time controlling Jones gave her PTSD, and whom she believed was dead. Jones wants to flee, but is convinced by her friend and foster-sister Trish Walker to help Hope. Jones finds her, but Kilgrave's hold is still over Hope, and she murders her parents.

A FEW REMINDERS:
+Respect each others opinions.
+Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
+No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
+Have fun!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Thanks for starting this thread Lindsay

This episode was great because it opened up so many questions and gave you just enough info to make you curious but not enough to be satisfied after just one ep.

I remember wanting to know how Jessica/Trish knew each other, what happened to Jessica during her time with Kilgrave, why that picture in Luke's medicine cabinet freaks Jessica out so much.

I also instantly liked Jessica,Trish, and Luke which is unusual for me. I generally need 3-5 episodes to decide if I like a character or not.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this thread.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for starting this

cant wait for the rewatch and its not been that long since I watched it first haha. the show is addicting

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 01-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the thread! Soon i'll rewatch and share my thoughts.

Spoiler: I disliked this episode at first!

Old 01-07-2016, 10:14 PM
Moderator Manager

I will re-watch this on Sunday too.

I was lukewarm to this ep. I didn't like it nor did I hate it. But Kilgrave wasn't around so the ep was rather slow for me.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:14 PM
Moderator Manager

I will re-watch this on Sunday too.

I was lukewarm to this ep. I didn't like it nor did I hate it. But Kilgrave wasn't around so the ep was rather slow for me.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

the first episiode was okay for me. but it didnt get me hooked at that time, btu it was a good start and it showed potential which is why I kept watching and then BOOM , i was hooked

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 01-08-2016, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked this ep enough to want to carry on watching right away, but yes in hindsight it was a bit weaker than the rest of the season. I'm still really looking forward to seeing it again though, I always love rewatching stuff once you know where it's all going and to see if there's anything important that I missed the first time around now that you have more context and know what's going to be important later on.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

I love that too. its like you also catch things you missed the first time around that suddenly have a meaning and all

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 01-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Moderator Manager

And reading the summary, I can't even remember most of this ep except for the Luke/Jessica parts and the viewers being introduced to Hope.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I like the interactions between Trish and Jessica in this ep. The way that Jessica tried to keep the fact that Kilgrave was back from Trish and they was Trish refused to allow Jessica to block her out and found out what was going on and convinced Jessica to help Hope instead of running away from Kilgrave.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Wow i did not remember that this first ep had do much stuff in it already. We got indroduced to every character, saw jess hopking up with luke, learned about Riva and also killgrave and Hope. Seeing it now you can identify yourself better with Jessica and since you already know about killgrave the mistery is a bit less but i loved watching it again

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 01-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Just finished watching it and wow, this episode plays SO much better once you've seen the show.
I remember being annoyed by how much stuff seemed nebulous/mysterious. And seeing it now it all clicks.

Also dat ending is amazing!