Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2016, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

1x15: "TURN" Episode Discussion Thread (03/27/16 @ 10PM)

Turn - 1.15 - episode discussion
air date - March 27th, 2016

Episode description

QUANTICO IS UNDER ATTACK WHEN A TERRORIST CELL TRIES TO INFILTRATE THE CAMPUS, ON ABC’S “QUANTICO”

“Turn” – A terror cell tries to infiltrate Quantico, forcing Miranda and Liam to pay a deadly price. While in the future, Alex continues to get instructions from the terrorist – only this time, it’s Claire Haas’ (played by Marcia Cross) life that hangs in the balance, on “Quantico” SUNDAY, MARCH 27 (10:00–11:00 EDT) on the ABC Television Network.

“Quantico” stars Priyanka Chopra as Alex Parrish, Josh Hopkins as Liam O’Connor, Aunjanue Ellis as Miranda Shaw, Jake McLaughlin as Ryan Booth, Tate Ellington as Simon Asher, Johanna Braddy as Shelby Wyatt, Graham Rogers as Caleb Haas and Yasmine Al Massri as Nimah and Raina Amin.

Guest starring are Marcia Cross as Claire Haas; Eliza Coupe as Hannah Wyland; J. Mallory McCree as Charlie Price; Lenny Platt as Drew Perales; Li Jun Li as Iris Chang; Jay Armstrong Johnson as Will Olsen and Marjan Neshat as Samar.

“Turn” was written by Cameron Litvack and Logan Slakter and directed by David McWhirter.

Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people
who are just trying to do the best with what they are given.
○ We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Heidsdk; 04-04-2016 at 02:02 AM
Old 03-28-2016, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry I'm the first one in here posting about the episode and right after my OP post but the episode was great!

Now we know that Shelby's parents are still alive! Damn it. And Caleb indeed only wanted to protect Shelby from the truth. But how did he find out? During his research or through his father?
And Samar was the whole time payed by Shelby's parents... So now that leave the question: Why did they all do that? Why go to such great length?

The terrorist attack at Quantico. Damn it... Charlie was involved the whole time. I can't believe it. Why would he get free and right away be involved in something like that again. What were his motives? I don't get it. I know he didn't want it anymore at some point but still... He is such a stupid person and I really can't stand seeing him anymore.
Miranda knew about it the whole time. She was told by others that he was okay again, that he wouldn't do it but deep inside she knew about it the whole time. In the end she was even forced to shoot her son to try to protect him to be shot by a sniper which happened nevertheless. Now I guess we know exactly what costs her her job.

And about jobs, Liam getting away with hooking up with Alex? It sucks. I still can't stand Liam!

Raina and Nimah, I loved to see the concern that Nimah had for her sister and the end where Nimah was going nuts outside and how Raina called her so she would know what's going on inside the house. Brilliant! And in the end, when they finally were able to finally take the other in to their arms

Ryan and Alex Don't even get me started... It makes me crazy! Why would she do something like that. Alex really is damaged if you ask me. Love wise at least.

And in the future, Hannah believing Alex???? I never expected that but she is a good agent and she proved by doing all the research that she indeed is a good one and she even went to Alex to tell her that she believed in it and to hear the whole story.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i agree with you, and i saw scene from next episode omg ryan will come after alex!!!!

so it was alex who broke it off. didnt expect that.

Quote:
But how did he find out? During his research or through his father?
well samar told him about her parent i guess that was the envelope she gave him.

and why her parents did that i have no clue, its very very weird!!!
Old 03-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And about jobs, Liam getting away with hooking up with Alex? It sucks. I still can't stand Liam!
But no one really knew that besides Miranda. And I guess some of the students probably assume it especially the one guy I can't remember the name of.

I need to rewatch. After Shelby confronted Samar I was confused and still confused. I think I missed soemthing. Her parents was paying Samar. For what? To make Shelby think she her sister? And are her parents actually alive?

I wouldn't say I didn't see Alex ending things with Ryan because I kind of assumed that.

Anyone else can't stand Hannah?

April
Old 03-29-2016, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i didnt understand thhat samar thnig either

and nope i dont like hannah either
Old 03-29-2016, 04:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

LOL Alex breaking up with Ryan for the second time in the Quantico timeline. Oyy! This poor guy! He can't catch a break, but perhaps it's why Hannah keeps telling Alex to quit yanking Ryan's chain (in both timelines). Yeah, I wasn't surprised either since it was assumed they'd eventually breakup. I don't think they'll show how Ryan/Natalie got together since the actress is no longer on the show, but I'm curious how it began. Ryan's hair was longer too in this episode. I assume that was a head piece. I don't think it was his natural hair since he's had a buzz cut in the future timeline. Anyway, Alex's reasoning why she broke up with him wasn't good enough. They hardly talk and she's a top trainee at Quantico. She did well when Ryan was there and has kept up while he's gone. So, her reasoning didn't really make sense. He's not good for her?! Maybe he's a little TOO good for her.

It was funny that after all the drama and intensity throughout the episode, they have Hannah be the comic relief at the end. Someone even referred to her as "Hannalogue"!
I don't mind Hannah. I don't like how mean she is to Alex, but I think I'm having a hard time hating anyone on this cast, even the less likeable people!

As for Charlie, I think he believed these people liked him or believed in him or whatever, but he had a revelation in the car with Raina, but I can't remember his exact words. He was brainwashed in some way similar to Caleb (when he was younger). He eventually knew what was happening wasn't right, and didn't want to help them anymore. It was too late though.
Miranda should have just kicked or pushed Charlie down instead of shooting him. They always have to go the dramatic route on this show! LOL Charlie needs some serious mental rehab.

Yep, Drunk, that's right, Shelby's parents faked their death and paid Samar to pretend to be Shelby's long lost sister, and to get money from Shelby. Samar would get to keep a certain portion for herself once the transfer was made. They never revealed what their reasoning was. Also, Samar's husband went rogue and wanted to get more money from Shelby, and designed his own scheme to pretend Samar was kidnapped to con Shelby out of $5 million as ransom money. Caleb figured it out somehow, either through his father's help, or on his own. Hiding under his bed was the envelope with a photo of Shelby's parents. That's what Iris gave to Shelby in class.

I'm wondering if Shelby's parents are part of this terrorist plot. I read that somewhere in a recap and now I'm wondering myself. They've already cast her parents on the show too. It was announced Sunday night after the episode aired.

Where was Samar living? In an Arab country? Anyone remember?

Last edited by TravelHopper; 03-29-2016 at 05:46 PM
Old 03-29-2016, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Alex/Ryan just ripped my heart from my chest and threw it against the wall!

Shelby's parents are alive? WTF? What kind of parents would leave their teenage daughter thinking they were dead?
Old 03-31-2016, 06:16 AM
New Fan

I understand that they want to turn Alex to some kind of a martyr (She was that from the begining, being wrongfully acused and haunted by the FBI), but they should really come up with better reasons for why everyone hates her now- Why did Claire fired her? just because she thought (rightfully) that Elias didn't act alone? and why does Shellby hates her so much? and Ryan? they should really come up with a better reason other than the fact she thinks there is still a master mind terririst behind all?
And by the way- Why doesn't she record or simply puts the terrorist that's been calling her on speaker so everyone knows she's right?
About the flashbacks- the terrorist attack on Quantico was really unrealistic- Why didn't the at
least 5 guards who were killed didn't shot them once they pulled up a gun?
Why did Shellby's parents fake their death? She didn't even ask that question when met with "Samar".
I guess Charlie will die.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
LOL Alex breaking up with Ryan for the second time in the Quantico timeline. Oyy! This poor guy! He can't catch a break, but perhaps it's why Hannah keeps telling Alex to quit yanking Ryan's chain (in both timelines). Yeah, I wasn't surprised either since it was assumed they'd eventually breakup. I don't think they'll show how Ryan/Natalie got together since the actress is no longer on the show, but I'm curious how it began. Ryan's hair was longer too in this episode. I assume that was a head piece. I don't think it was his natural hair since he's had a buzz cut in the future timeline. Anyway, Alex's reasoning why she broke up with him wasn't good enough. They hardly talk and she's a top trainee at Quantico. She did well when Ryan was there and has kept up while he's gone. So, her reasoning didn't really make sense. He's not good for her?! Maybe he's a little TOO good for her.
Wow, well, thanks you for that! I think the same, I think Ryan is too good for her as well. And I'm not sure what she is afraid of but she definitely is afraid of something and that's why she broke up with him IMO. It's not been logical reasons, it's just her being afraid.

Quote:
It was funny that after all the drama and intensity throughout the episode, they have Hannah be the comic relief at the end. Someone even referred to her as "Hannalogue"!
I don't mind Hannah. I don't like how mean she is to Alex, but I think I'm having a hard time hating anyone on this cast, even the less likeable people!
I have to say I really love Hannah. She's one of the higher ups there now and it makes sense that she keeps her eyes on Alex and really, Alex behavior was totally inappropriate and I would have noticed it as well. Hannah only proved she's a good agent when she realized how close Alex always stayed to the senator...
On the other hand, she's trying to protect Ryan which I as well get because Alex hurt him not just once but two times, got him shot, slept with Liam and so on. It's a lot for a guy to take and I can see where she is coming from when they still get along well.

Quote:
As for Charlie, I think he believed these people liked him or believed in him or whatever, but he had a revelation in the car with Raina, but I can't remember his exact words. He was brainwashed in some way similar to Caleb (when he was younger). He eventually knew what was happening wasn't right, and didn't want to help them anymore. It was too late though.
Miranda should have just kicked or pushed Charlie down instead of shooting him. They always have to go the dramatic route on this show! LOL Charlie needs some serious mental rehab.
Do you think he's still alive?

Quote:
I'm wondering if Shelby's parents are part of this terrorist plot. I read that somewhere in a recap and now I'm wondering myself. They've already cast her parents on the show too. It was announced Sunday night after the episode aired.

Where was Samar living? In an Arab country? Anyone remember?
What if they somehow got in big trouble themselves and had to pretend being dead? I somehow doubt that they are part of the terrorist network that is now trying to use Alex to get along with its plan but I can see them maybe being trying to hide form somebody.
And yes, Samar lived in one of these Arab countries... I just had a look and Shelby told Caleb and Miranda in 1x08 that it was Saudi Arabia.

Hey Zoe
I agree with you. It's really hard for me to see all the Alex hate lately... It's as if there is a small alliance that has built against her, out of all the people that should know her the best.

I'm really wondering if Samar knows why Shelby's parents faked their deaths... And tbh, if I were Shelby, I wouldn't want to know as well. They would be dead for me!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Wo

I'm really wondering if Samar knows why Shelby's parents faked their deaths... And tbh, if I were Shelby, I wouldn't want to know as well. They would be dead for me!
I would have a really hard time with that as well, I mean even if they begged me to meet so they could explain, If I were Shelby I would be all "no.. You lied to me..you broke my heart!!"
Old 04-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSidleStokes (View Post)
I would have a really hard time with that as well, I mean even if they begged me to meet so they could explain, If I were Shelby I would be all "no.. You lied to me..you broke my heart!!"
Considering how old Shelby was when she thought she lost her parents, had to take care of the business, the money and so on, live through all of that for years, joined Quantico to stop something like that happening to other people when in the end it all was just fake? It must be horrible. How can parents be that heartless?

And as if that wasn't enough, they even hired a person to pretend she was her halfsister, gave her back some kind of family that she felt responsible for, just to get on her money? Wow, that's BAD!
Old 04-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Considering how old Shelby was when she thought she lost her parents, had to take care of the business, the money and so on, live through all of that for years, joined Quantico to stop something like that happening to other people when in the end it all was just fake? It must be horrible. How can parents be that heartless?

And as if that wasn't enough, they even hired a person to pretend she was her halfsister, gave her back some kind of family that she felt responsible for, just to get on her money? Wow, that's BAD!
it really is heartless i dont get it either, i know i wrote in shelby thread i think that i didnt udnerstand her reaction, but yeah maybe i kind of do, cause they have lied and betrayed her! what if they did it somehow to protect her? or so she could get the money or something? man somehow i would like to know the reason for it
Old 04-02-2016, 09:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hmm my post disappeared...lets see if I can remember what I had posted

Kris, I agree that Alex is not using logic when it comes to Ryan-more so the emotion of being scared of falling for him and also not accept his love.

I do believe Shelby's parents are shady and even though they are found in the Quantico timeline, I wouldn't be surprised if they are involved in this terrorist attack during the future timeline. It is interesting that they disappeared/faked their death during another terrorist attack (9/11). Maybe they are not involved and in hiding from someone, but their actions over that past 15 years screams guilty. Definitely not parents of the year! I also wonder if Samar knows why they faked their death too. They abandoned their teenage daughter, allowed her to believe they are dead this entire time, hired a Saudi Arabian woman to fake that she is Shelby's half sister to swindle loads of their money from Shelby (who inherited it upon their death). Yep, definitely heartless.

ETA: Regarding Charlie-I wanted to believe he was alive, but I guess not.

Last edited by TravelHopper; 04-03-2016 at 11:55 AM
Old 04-04-2016, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i do hope we get the answer to why her parents dissapeared, but yes it makes u think if they are involved with the therrorist, or as u say if they are hiding
Old 04-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

lol now I'm changing my mind about them being involved rofl