Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2016, 01:08 AM
Elite Fan

Board Customisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 05-31-2016, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

thanks for starting this Rae

Really looking forward to everyone's ideas, if anyone has got idea on what colour and pictures to have for the board....

Shout out!!
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

Yep, let's pretty up the already pretty

RoseBennett
confessor_meggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oh indeedy
Old 06-01-2016, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm.. Maybe the banner could consist of various RC characters?

icon by me
Seamstress90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:05 AM
Elite Fan

We do not make graphics with different pictures of characters. Has Robert done any recent photoshoots? Even if they are OUAT-related we could still use them providing he is not in his Rumple make-up/costume.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

He's done a lot over the years

Was thinking maybe a different picture from a photoshoot from years past to recent, like a floof from then to now

Something like these

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

or possibly just go with 3 recent ones

Also what about colour, I was thinking light blue and white, since they are his colours

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 06-02-2016 at 04:59 AM
Old 06-02-2016, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Lol, I like the colour idea!
But I'm not too fond of the 3rd picture

RoseBennett
Old 06-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

you need glasses meggy
Old 06-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

It is preferable that the pictures are all from the same photoshoot and I recommend that they are as recent as possible so the finished look looks the most updated .
Old 06-03-2016, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I cannot find HQ pics of the same photoshoot I am afraid..

I found another from the 2014 photoshoot
pic 1

Here is another one which is the biggest I can get, it's not that recent though
pic 1
Old 06-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
you need glasses meggy

I was thinking, since I'm on my phone I can't post them, since it's best one photo shoot, what about the HQ pictures from the Q&A with Irving Welsh? Those are the most recent HQ that I can think of, and there's a lot of good qualities ones!

RoseBennett
Old 06-03-2016, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Ooo yes good idea Meggy..

I was looking at those earlier, but mostly I could see was Robert with Irvine and none HQ of himself, do you know the link of them meggy ?

Only ones I could find were these

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 06-03-2016 at 12:56 PM
Old 06-03-2016, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

I'll have a look tomorrow morning and see

RoseBennett
Old 06-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

The pictures do not have to be HQ if there are none available; they just need to be photoshoots. We do not use candids or appearances.

There is a selection of photoshoots here and here. Do you like any of the recent ones from there? Do you know of any other fansites like those with more choices? Personally I do not mind these ones from 2012. They may be the most usable recent pictures at least on those sites.

Have you thought any more about what colours you would like to see used? You may find some colour schemes you like on the design seeds website . If you search by colour and see a shade of blue you like you can click on that colour and it will take you to all the colour schemes on the site which use that colour in it. Since there are so many different shades of blue I do not know what shades you are thinking of but here are a few selections which I found: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven.
Reply   Post New Thread