Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2017, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I definitely think there will be a kiss before the season finale.
A cheating on Angelo kiss or she broke up with Angelo before the kiss happens?
Old 01-22-2017, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I think Angelo is goner. His storyline is to reminiscent of Ted Kennedy's scandal that I don't see them lasting past episode 10. I think the kiss will probably happen somewhere around episode 16.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I would think after shipping CB you could hack the rough waters with Luscious and Cookie. I love them because despite their messiness it was obvious they both love each other. I always enjoy the more difficult couples.
Mention CB and my heart and eyes become supernovas They are my babies! And yeah I am very used to all types of bumps on the road (even the most ridic ones lol) since I am an ardent fan of CB. In fact I've never shipped any other couple as much as I've shipped those two and still they are my ultimate OTP.

I love and enjoy difficult couples and characters too. I also enjoy insane chemistry but also inevitable bond between couples. The more screw ups the more I love and root for them. I also see CB in Lookie, no doubt there are several similarities. But I think Lucious can be compared with Bart, not Chuckles who had an amazing growth SL and made amends towards everyone. With Lucious, I honestly can't expect the same growth Chuck had. And it's more problematic for me to root for him all the time, like him not visiting Cookie in the jail, or the way he's handling his relationships with his boys... Because I can't find a redeeming quality in somethings he's doing. But since Terence is amazing delivering all the layers to the character I find myself relating to him. From the videos I've watched Terence said he had really hard time getting into this character and he was always judging him too. Taraji was the person in fact, making him stop judging the character. So I just try to watch the show from their separated perspectives. As you said I have no doubt that they love each other. And their bond is inevitable. I just don't see the writing in favor of them this season. At the beginning Lucious was cute trying, now he just seems sabotaging. I guess I just want him to devote himself to Cookie no matter what happens.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Mention CB and my heart and eyes become supernovas They are my babies! And yeah I am very used to all types of bumps on the road (even the most ridic ones lol) since I am an ardent fan of CB. In fact I've never shipped any other couple as much as I've shipped those two and still they are my ultimate OTP.

I love and enjoy difficult couples and characters too. I also enjoy insane chemistry but also inevitable bond between couples. The more screw ups the more I love and root for them. I also see CB in Lookie, no doubt there are several similarities. But I think Lucious can be compared with Bart, not Chuckles who had an amazing growth SL and made amends towards everyone. With Lucious, I honestly can't expect the same growth Chuck had. And it's more problematic for me to root for him all the time, like him not visiting Cookie in the jail, or the way he's handling his relationships with his boys... Because I can't find a redeeming quality in somethings he's doing. But since Terence is amazing delivering all the layers to the character I find myself relating to him. From the videos I've watched Terence said he had really hard time getting into this character and he was always judging him too. Taraji was the person in fact, making him stop judging the character. So I just try to watch the show from their separated perspectives. As you said I have no doubt that they love each other. And their bond is inevitable. I just don't see the writing in favor of them this season. At the beginning Lucious was cute trying, now he just seems sabotaging. I guess I just want him to devote himself to Cookie no matter what happens.
I think for me its that I am practical about who the lead is. It's Luscious. I also see him as a thug who keeps it real. He is a whole other type of character to me. I hate that he didn't visit her, but I can kind of understand that it might of been too painful for him. My biggest issue though is with Luscious and his boys. I hate how cruel he is to him. I also think that Lee is a really really messy writer. I think my biggest issue with CL right now is that I feel like they are dragging them backwards for no reason. They really reached a place of understanding in s2 only for them to backtrack this year and over what?
Old 01-24-2017, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think for me its that I am practical about who the lead is. It's Luscious. I also see him as a thug who keeps it real. He is a whole other type of character to me. I hate that he didn't visit her, but I can kind of understand that it might of been too painful for him. My biggest issue though is with Luscious and his boys. I hate how cruel he is to him. I also think that Lee is a really really messy writer. I think my biggest issue with CL right now is that I feel like they are dragging them backwards for no reason. They really reached a place of understanding in s2 only for them to backtrack this year and over what?
Yeah as I said the writing doesn't seem like in favor of them this season. It's frustrating. They said they'll be at the core but the stuff we got didn't make me say "why they are not together?", instead it made me say "Lucious you gotta give Cookie ton of space"

But I also loved that they mentioned nothing is black and white. They always portray Lucious as the black-bad guy but eventually Cookie is not white either.

Also with his boys everything changes so abruptly. I was rewatching some older episodes. Lucious apologized from Jamal for all the bad things he's done but he said he was scared for him. It's not just that he is gay but he's a black man in this world and it's already harder to be a black man and you add being gay on it. So he was genuine, relatable and they were really great imo, I love that scene Then later, we see him yelling that he hopes Jamal dies from AIDS. I mean is he a bipolar too? I guess it is where we are going, not laughing but I think it's funny in a tragic way.

He's not a bad man or a bad father per se imo. He took fault on some of the bad things his boys are living. But he's really problematic in his nature, he definitely acts like a lion. Tho I can't lie and say I don't enjoy watching a lion.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
no cheating
Old 01-25-2017, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
I really really hope so
Lol same
Old 01-28-2017, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
no cheating
Same! hope if it happens, it'll be better than that.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Last edited by lessismore; 01-29-2017 at 05:17 AM
Old 01-29-2017, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

aww that second add is total cuteness.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:20 AM