Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2016, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode Discussion: 2x18 "Past Is Prologue" [May 18th] SEASON FINALE

2x18
"Past Is Prologue"

A life-changing experience leads Jamal to put the breaks on his music career as long as those closest to him continue the endless cycle of violence and fighting in the Season 2 finale. Meanwhile, the feds pressure Anika to testify against Lucious; and Cookie decides how best to protect her family when she meets with people from her and Lucious' past at Hakeem and Laura's wedding.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Season finale already omg this went fast!

So much Cookie&Lucious for me in this episode

Rhonda VS Anika
Old 05-17-2016, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

I hope it's a good one cause I can't with more disappointment
Old 05-17-2016, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I hope the promo is better than the promo for me.
It just shows how many storyline's I'm not into right now. lol

I am hoping for a great season finale tomorrow though.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

let me know how it was. I'm gonna try to watch it asap
Old 05-18-2016, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
let me know how it was. I'm gonna try to watch it asap

Well what's good for you might be horrible to me.
I'll try to look at the episode subjective, and leave a grade for you and my own personal grade.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Issi, sort of :thumbsup: as a Lucious/Cookie fan, you will be sad and I think my rating for you will be 8.5 /10
For me it's 7.1 /10......

Here goes my live review....

Three weeks later!
Jamal is okay... as we expected. Biggest non surprise ever.
Jamal not singing any more.

Jamal really has a great heart, him to be concerned over Freda.

Urg Leah Walker... the only character who makes Lucious likable to me. Anytime she talks I roll my eyes.
Also we got a confirmation that Thirsty stopped Leah Walker from telling the world who she really was.

Rhonda went after Anika
"Oh shut up the bit*h"
Wow Andre. Now I'm confused over Andre or Anika doing it....
I didn't believe Anika pushed Rhonda down the stairs but seeing everyone doubt Rhonda makes me believe Anika did push her and seeing Andre suddenly doubt his visions makes me believe he did it.

I think it's for sure Anika or Andre who did it and hopefully we find out tonight.
I'm #TeamRhonda here because Andre is being a completely idiot right here.... well in defense, I believe Andre has been stupid for the past four episodes so not surprise. lol

Lucious visiting Freda in jail and really he is trying to play victim.
Wow on Lucious sitting here lying about having nothing to do with Frank Gathers death... well he sort of didn't lie by saying he didn't lay a hand on him. lol

This Jamal and Lucious scene... I sure don't feel the love.
I guess because I feel that their is still too much unspoken words, and I think that's what the feeling should be.

Of course we couldn't go a whole episode without him singing.
It was brief but it was something.

I don't believe for one second that Hakeem and Laura will really be married by the end of this episode.
Nice to see the families have a meal together though.

Wow Anika would rather kill herself than to snitch on Lucious? WTF?
That was a great speech from Cookie to Anika. She basically saying she knows what it feels like to be alone and glaring at Lucious. Lucious did look bad right there for leaving her alone.

Urg D-Major is still on the show. Seems like Jamal is falling for him still... the only thing they have going for them is the nice chemistry.

I love Cookie slapping Lucious upside the head.
Don't care for the romantic subtext though.
I love Lucious for saying how bad things were because
"There's a reason I never married anyone else." ... So, I guess we forgot he was about to marry Anika last season?

Porsha was awesome slamming the food.
Aww too bad that Hakeem is so sure about this wedding but we all know something is going to stop it from happening.

Wow another person telling Jamal to fly free from his mother and father....
URG wedding crashers... I guess on this show, it feels needed. lol

Laura walked away from Hakeem. Predictable. But, I guess she had to see how dysfunctional his side of the family was to really free herself before a lifetime commitment. If it's really over, I'm not really sad because I sort of got over the relationship episodes ago.

"Are we sick or something?" Agree with Jamal.
Aww Cookie is obviously broken that Lucious has to marry Anika to stop her from testifying.
How amazing, this was suppose to be the ending of Season 1 not of season 2.

I think it's obvious that Anika pushed Rhonda down the stairs now.
Oh wow Lucious reading my thoughts... he tells Anika that he knows she pushed Rhonda down the stairs.

Tariq the undercover fed is back in town.
Wow Tariq is Lucious half brother. I didn't see that one yet.
Nice to see that whole story about Joe (Lucious father).

Rhonda vs Anika! Go ahead Rhonda!
I didn't believe Rhonda was the pusher but I did know for sure she was the pusher during this episode when everyone doubted Rhonda. lol

Anika or Rhonda fell off the roof? or it was a fakeout and none of them will fall.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:59 PM
Master Fan

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

this finale was so good, got most of what I was complaining about missing, the music, the cameo Xzibit well there was still family drama but not as annoying. Wow, the family got over that whole Freda shooting thing quick. So Anika did push Rhonda? ok there has to be more too it.

Tia I think you actually had something saying it may be Andre, what if Anika and Andre are in on it together? and she is actually pregnant by him? Andre had zero support when Rhonda claimed Anika pushed her and then attacked Anika, she went in there was so much going on that I am not even annoyed that Anika admitted pushing Rhonda cause it just doesn't seem that cut and dry and I also think it was a fake out and neither went over the edge but we'll just have to wait and see.

my head hurts cause I cant put into words everything swarming around my brain I will give more of my thoughts tomorrow when I can better process it all, plus I'm tired lol
Old 05-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well during the beginning of the episode when everyone was not believing in Rhonda, it's when I believed it was 100% Anika but then when I saw how Andre was acting I thought it was him.

I'm so confused with Andre..... just confused. like WTF! What a complete 360. After everything Rhonda did for his a$$.
I've been telling you for weeks how Andre has been pissing me off.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

So was it good and you all are not gonna stop watching?

Wait, I'm confused about the Andre spoilers, why was he acting weird? I have to watch it asap
Old 05-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm undecided right now.

He was acting very strange to me... which is why at the beginning I was like Anika or Andre 100% did it. Anika was the most convincing argument though.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Also Andre has been very attentive to Anika, IDK something is really off with this whole thing

Laura parents annoyed me acting all high and mighty, take your little princess and bounce, I never cared for Laura much anyways and I knew they would not marry regardless. Where is Tiana?!?!?!

What was that crap when Anika was gonna jump and Cookie talked her off the ledge? really pregnant by Hakeem but will die for Luscious? girl bye. I felt like I was watching the soap Days of our Lives with that scene

Porsha so funny, she wants real food That meeting with Cookie, Lucious and those men about Shine? I'm so confused, what kinda business parnership is this? then the whole half brother thing Lucious and Cookie family members are popping up out of nowhere

I loved the Lucious and Cookie moments until he agreed to marry Anika, too funny tho how he did not kiss her on the lips, Anika needs to wake the hell up, not a fake marriage or even a baby is gonna make Lucious be with her, he mentioned there was a reason he never married, its because of Cookie.

I enjoyed it for the most part aside a few blunders and I am looking forward to S3 but this Anika/Rhonda thing is still a bit puzzling.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well one thing I respected was Laura leaving before the marriage. lol She would have been more upset in a marriage so luckily she didn't make the mistake which is why I knew from the beginning they would not get married.

Also agree with being confused during that convo between Cookie, Lucious and the old friends about Shine. lol

Also that lie about never marrying anyone was ridiculous because I remember Season 1 very clearly like it was yesterday and he was going to marry Anika and Anika walked away from him... so let's not loss our memories writers.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

NOOO OMG NOOOOOOO what the hell was this... Lucious married Anika? POOR COOKIE! I can't ...

They were so good and they were so sweet and it felt right to me in this episode until that scene where he decided to marry Anika but still... he didn't want to kiss her and he felt really upset and sad after the wedding so... yeah... I'm hoping to see him trying to somehow win Cookie back...

AND LUCIOUS KNOWS ANIKA PUSHED RHONDA Why is he saying that just now? Why not before

Also NOOO why Laaura? It wasn't Hakeem's fault at all, I'm so sad. I still believe they would be a nice couple and would work well together Hope this is not the last we saw from her.

Also Lucious' mother... I kinda love her! haha I mean she is scary and shady and crazy but she is also so funny..she's just sitting there like "hey I'm gonna act crazy in this even crazier family... at least they give me pretty clothes and food"

Another tragedy in Lucious' life.. watching his father get killed and wow he has a half brother

Jamalll he can't without singing and I love it!

Andre is such a disappointment... he should have believed in Rhonda's words, I felt so sorry for her. And I think it's her who ended up falling from that balcony. I think she will die
Old 05-20-2016, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love your review, Issi and I pretty much agree with you on your whole post.
I believe the fall is a fakeout but if someone really fell thank it's Rhonda.