Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode Discussion: 2x15 "More Than Kin" [April 27th]

2x15
"More Than Kin"

Lucious throws a fund-raiser with help from Andre in an effort to show the board that they should reinstate him as Empire's CEO. Meanwhile, Hakeem decides if he's interested in being a father to his child with Anika.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

eeep!! Cookie and Anika bonding in the ambulance, interesting previews.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, that seems like that will be an interesting scene. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

I can't wait for the Cookie/Anika scene!

also Hakeem when he heard Cookie is falling for Lucious "Hell no" haha
Old 04-27-2016, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

"Are you trying to save your company or are you trying to catch a STD." My favorite quote of the night.

I love how Laura isn't taking any sht!
However, I did like how he frustratingly admitted to getting Anika pregnant.

I loved the Lyon Brothers scene! and I like Andre during the scene for being so through with babying Hakeem. Hakeem hasn't went through half as much as what Jamal and Andre has went through so I really don't feel too bad at him compare to other brothers.
Andre was real but I loved him during the scene.

Oh no, Michael back on the show. I like the actor, just not Michael all that much. lol
I felt this scene would have been a whole lot better if this was Michael returning from Season 1.

I think everyone knows how I feel about this horrible romance of Hakeem/Anika, I truly enjoyed this scene because it showed the maturity of him. I liked him accepting he was the father and flowering Anika with love because she's carrying his child. Also, I enjoyed Anika being upfront to Hakeem about Lucious threatening her life.

I like Lucious regret to going public with Empire... that's what started all this craziness.
Don't care for Harper and Lucious scenes.

Even though Cookie and Anika does not get along that much. That scene in the ambulance was lovely to watch with them. Seeing Cookie help Anika through her panic attack.

Ms. Calhoun (Anika's mother) in the hospital. Didn't see that one coming.
I loved Cookie not wanting to be called Grandma.

Lucious flirting with Cookie in the hospital. Cookie is obviously in love with Lucious at this point. I think Lucious can definitely get her back if he tried hard enough.

Harper revealed the truth to Lucious about his grandmother, Leah Walker.

Laura/Hakeem had some angst in this episode and it was surprised to see them overcome it. I really believed that once Laura would gave Hakeem the ring back that it might have been over but happy to see it still go on.

Seems the Lyon Men will have a group performance at the ASAs.

I loved Jamal's performances. Nice to see him performing in front of a small crowd. It's actually pretty smart to reach the small crowd as well as the big ones. He show is promoting himself perfectly.
Jussie just have such an awesome stage performance with all his smiling during his performances. I will never get tired of it.

Also I love that the writers really put Jamal/Becky friendship in this season; all thanks to Jussie and Gabby being BFF's in real life so it comes off very realistic on the show.

The Co-CEO's are Lucious and Cookie. I think that was a wise decision. If anything, it should have always been that way so I didn't get Cookie not wanting it at first because of Lucious man pain. but okay.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

As always... I haven't seen the episode yet, will do tomorrow, but those are some interesting spoilers Andre is not a baddie again as I thought he would be after getting back with Rhonda

Lucious flirting withCookie ?? aww I can't wait for this!

Noo Michael is back maybe we could all pretend he is returning from S1
Old 04-28-2016, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

I wasn't ready for Michael or Anika mother, that was random, I did like the ambulance scene with Cookie and Anika, but I'm still confused with the issue of why Anika is she hospitalized it's not affecting the baby so what's wrong with her? Did I miss something?

Laura was not feeling the instant family she is young and not ready for that step so I'm surprised she changed her mind and willing to give it a try, I got a feeling Anika will scheme against Laura, she went so far as to dress up in disguise as a driver to pick Laura up.

Andre was not having it with Hakeem pitty party lol, Hakeem so immature the way he carried himself in that strip club and too funny when Jamal said he smell like stripper ass

No logo but now that Cookie and Lucious are co- Ceo I can't wait to see what logo they come up with.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

CO-CEOs I was excited and so happy when Lucious said it is a good idea actually and supported it and said that he got her back but omg what was that creepy weird look at the end of the episode? see.. that's what I meant... I hate him and then he does something nice and I love him then he ruins it again and so on...

Jamal's songs in this episode are probably my favs so far. the get yourself together song amazing!

The brothers together what a nice scene!

Michael why did he have to return? After Skye I don't think I can ship JAmal with anyone else than her

Surprised that Cookie was so.. nice to Anika's mother. I expectedher to be as sassy as always to her

Why was Hakeem upset at Lucious because of what he did to Anika's father in the past? Makes no sense he wouldn't even care if Anika wasn't pregnant and it happened in the past so is that really a reason to be angry?

Lucious defending Cookie in front of that b#tch yayyy
Old 05-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lucious's last look was so predictable, you know he's angry and already scheming. When they approached them, I thought they'd say they want Cookie to be the sole CEO which would have made him even angrier.

Loved the scene between Cookie and Anika in the ambulance.

I'm happy that Michael is back, I liked them together, though he needs to prove to Jamal that he can trust him.

The brothers together, loved it. And them making fun of Hakeem.

So Andre already knows about grandma, interesting. Expected it to be more drawn out.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

You are one of the few persons I met who like Michael after all that's happened
Old 05-01-2016, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was disappointed in him and Jamal was so hurt but I'd still root for them. It was the only relationship I liked Jamal in and it felt genuine.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

after Skye I don't know if I can ship Jamal with anybody. They were so good together imo
Old 05-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I doubt they'll ever revisit that. I'm not even sure why they went there, it felt like they tried to make him bisexual and then decided it wasn't a good idea and stuck to him being gay.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think Jamal/Michael relationship was great in Season 1. Season 2 was when everything became ridiculously bad between them. Just horrible writing.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

I never cared much for their relationship and they should just leave well enough alone.