Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode Discussion: 2x13 "The Tameness of a Wolf" [April 13th]

2x13
"The Tameness of a Wolf"

Family tensions rise as Lucious throws his energy into directing an emotional music video, which recreates a traumatic interaction with his mother. Meanwhile, Tiana and Laura unleash a vicious rivalry over the spotlight on the Mirage a Trois tour, forcing Hakeem to mediate between the two divas.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Jamal "You're falling for him again" so excited for the spoilers!
Old 04-12-2016, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Can't wait for the Lucious and Andre showdown.
Actually ironically I can't wait to see Lucious reveal some of his past life to Cookie... since she should have known that over 17 years ago. No interested in Cookie falling for Lucious again... I mean how and why? Okayy.....
Old 04-13-2016, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

I hope at least they will share a sweet moment where he is talking honest to her about his past
Old 04-13-2016, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

GREAT GREAT EPISODE!
Nice to see the episode open with Andre and Lucious holding hand.

Of course Cookie showing know respect for the gone.
Oh Rhonda is the new lead of the Empire fashion design.

I have a problem with Andre accusing Rhonda of cheating because umm... I remember their extreme open relationship from Season 1 but okay.

I like how Cookie and Jamal relationship is sort of the way they were during Season 1 when they always went to events together, and were the two together at all the times. Nice that the writers caught on quickly with how ridiculous the idea to ever part Cookie and Jamal was. It was the core relationship of S1 for me.

I loved Cookie fashion and hair in this episode.
I liked how Cookie organized everything.

Nice that everybody remembered it was Cookie's birthday, although wouldn't this be her second birthday since she was back since Empire aired in January last year?... well I guess according to today's storyline, it hasn't even been a year since Cookie has been out of jail.

I liked Lucious showing Cookie the spot where Dwight Walker became Lucious Lyon.

Tiana frustration for Laura and her Mirage a Trois group surely keeps growing in this episode.. Tiana feels that Mirage a Trios want to be the headline instead of the sidechicks on the tough. lol Becky just at the sidelines like. um okay..... although in the end I guess Becky knew how upset Tiana was so she had to go at Laura in front of her.
I liked both Becky and Jamal for not liking how Hakeem handles his group.

I completely agreed with Tiana being upset, and her quote pretty much summed it up: "Look, nobody gave me special treatment when we were dating. We always kept it professional."

Also Laura hair surely looks different and more mature with the new hair due. I guess all she had to do was lose her v-card to look all grown up.
We saw Laura's parents. I didn't expect to see that! Happy to see that. It was also sad when Hakeem realized his family was not at all like Laura's.

I loved the Porsha and Cookie interaction. Funny dynamic even if it was short.

Jamal and Hakeem just rolling through the hood. I really love how things are so great in their relationship again. Their relationship is so up and down also that young boy had some nice bars. If he keeps with that pace, he will have a pretty dope career when he cross up.

Of course Jamal is obvious with his singing bars. lol

I loved Jamal being upset with his mother even though he's not trying to show it too much..

Also I liked Freda during that scene. She told Jamal and Hakeem not to get robbed out in the streets, however, they did warn her that Lucious will abandon her even if she does consider him as a father. Of course she didn't want to believe that because of her loyalty to Lucious and how much he's helped her but as the episode progressed I think the words of Jamal start to sink into Freda's mind and she starts to think of his offer to make a duet together.

I can be down with Freda and Jamal's friendship because I like how they probably can relate to one another through their connection with their fathers.
The duet of Freda and Jamal is good because of the realness they pour into their music.

I like to see Lucious struggle with his past, and I like how Cookie was sort of the one uplifting him up while throwing shade at Harper Scott.

This Lucious and Cookie scene was probably my favorite of the series. I just loved how open Lucious was to Cookie and when he revealed how Frank Gathers saved him. However, if everyone remembers, Lucious made sure he died in that prison... he did it because of his love for Cookie.

I didn't think this until now but I hope Andre didn't push Andre down the stairs. Just by the way Lucious describe what happened with his mother, and her memory loss... it really made me think that Andre could've pushed Rhonda and has no memory of it although it can be his self conscious because Andre is keep on talking about the vision God is giving

It was sad but very powerful for Lucious to have had to relive his past through the music video.
I loved Cookie's natural motherly instincts. And how the words she was telling to the young boy was really to Lucious. Seems like Lucious probably fell for Cookie harder than before... and the sad thing is that he probably doesn't even deserve her love but Cookie love for Lucious is powerful.

This Tiana song grow on me each episode. I went from not liking it, to liking it and to liking it even more in this episode. lol

Aww Jamal is such a great son. He didn't want to be at the family dinner but for Cookie's birthday he gave her flowers and had a day of mother/son day planned out. Just so lovely.
I do understand Cookie being sad over feeling like she's "forced" to choose sides... however, Lucious made Jamal choose between him and her. So I don't get how she can bring up being "forced to choose sides" especially to Jamal of all people... I loved when he brought
I love how Jamal saw straight through Cookie and he knew she was falling for him again. He might not understand it but at least he told her to be careful.

That was nice that the Cookie's son's surprised her. I love how much Cookie loves her family through everything.
"Apparently they love you more than they hate me." Great sons you have Cookie.

Why did Cookie show that video!
Poor Andre. That scene between Andre and Lucious was wow. Andre anger about getting rejected his whole life for no reason and not understanding why even though Lucious had all the answers. Trai Byers KILLED THAT SCENE. and Terrence Howard as well. One of the best scenes of the series for me.

Hakeem asking Laura to propose. I didn't expect that one. Too bad it's probably about to get ruined with Anika's sercret. However, I loved how Hakeem being around Laura's family made him want to have a better life.

Also when Cookie found out Freda was Frank Gathers daughter.

Wow Rhonda got in the car with Anika.
It sure had a creepy feel to the scene.
It's so obvious that Anika is the baby killer. but I don't know.... it still seems so obvious.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

"He's doing all on his own. He got engaged on his own *slap*" hahahha Cookie x Hakeem are killing it! So funny I still laugh when I think of that scene

It was an amazing episode!

Hakeem x Laura I ship it! So sweet that they got engaged but somehow I got a bad feeling about it like it's not going to end good

Also Tiana being jealous of Laura I think she over reacted... Laura wasn't mean to her or anything... Laura is not that kind of person that Camilla was, she is good. I hope this will stop

ANDRE omg Cookie showing them that video and all I could think about was "NO WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT" poor Andre! I feel so sorry for him and now Rhonda is seriously considering to leave him and not to be with him...? Seriously? Now when he needs her and she needs him... and of course she would ask for Anika's help... her baby killer... how stupid!
Old 04-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah... I am a bit confused over Rhonda during the scene.
Andre had every right to be upset at that moment so I didn't get how she made it about her and needed to leave Andre.... umm... okay.

WTF, Issi not mentioning Cookie/Lucious?
Old 04-15-2016, 08:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I have a problem with Andre accusing Rhonda of cheating because umm... I remember their extreme open relationship from Season 1 but okay.
I know... I was so confused when that came up.

Quote:
I like how Cookie and Jamal relationship is sort of the way they were during Season 1 when they always went to events together, and were the two together at all the times. Nice that the writers caught on quickly with how ridiculous the idea to ever part Cookie and Jamal was. It was the core relationship of S1 for me.
Yes, I am glad that we have Jamal and Cookie on the same team. They work so well together

Quote:
Nice that everybody remembered it was Cookie's birthday, although wouldn't this be her second birthday since she was back since Empire aired in January last year?... well I guess according to today's storyline, it hasn't even been a year since Cookie has been out of jail.
The way the boys said it made it seem that she has been reminding them for a while now.

I was surprised for her to say it was her 1st birthday since she was out, I would of thought 2nd. Maybe her birthday just before she was released?

Quote:
ANDRE omg Cookie showing them that video and all I could think about was "NO WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT" poor Andre! I feel so sorry for him and now Rhonda is seriously considering to leave him and not to be with him...? Seriously? Now when he needs her and she needs him... and of course she would ask for Anika's help... her baby killer... how stupid!
Yeah, that scene. ugh, breaks my heart! Rhonda is like getting on my nerves. Like, what are you doing? idk. It's like one minute I like her, and then the next I don't. Sometimes I feel like I can trust her, then the other I feel like she is up to no good.

And out of everyone, you're going to call Anika? really? And where did Andre go? Why are walking by yourself? That ending scene was weird... but okay.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Tia so much happened in this episode that I forgot of course... but I love that they're having more scenes! I love that she knows how to handle him and is so sweet and caring because she feels his pain and knows that he suffers to

^ Yess Rhonda is so weird. I mean... why would she leave him now? I understand she is sad because she just lost her baby but she didn't look at all like she wants to leave him before and that scene kinda surprised me
Old 04-15-2016, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

I really loved this ep, its like the old Empire feel again, the music and entertainment was on point but why the hell that intro still have Hakeem logo? I thought that was a joke, they cant be serious?

Camilla memory music was creepy as hell and Lucious saying Hakeem killed her? he love to stick it to his kids. The way he treated Andre after watching that vid was so messed up. I loved how they were in the hood looking for Freda and the little boy freestyled, so cool. I feel Hakeem and Laura are too young to get married, I think Hakeem rushed into it so he can belong to a normal family.
Quote:
I can be down with Freda and Jamal's friendship because I like how they probably can relate to one another through their connection with their fathers.
The duet of Freda and Jamal is good because of the realness they pour into their music.

I'm with it, I've actually always liked Freda flow, she be killing it, that song was great with her and Jamal.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know if I didn't like Freda or I simply didn't care about her... but I think I'm starting to like her now
Old 04-16-2016, 12:37 PM
Addicted Fan

I felt bad for Freda... the man who she is now working with (or was as of last episode) is the same man that killed your father. She doesn't know that, and that kills me.

I think she's great! Has good talent, and her song with Jamal was raw. so good!
Old 04-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I felt bad for her too but I just think there are so many better characters that deserve more screentime that her tbh
Old 04-18-2016, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

Porsha for sure can use more focus, her appearances are getting shorter and shorter
Old 04-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Warning (View Post)
Porsha for sure can use more focus, her appearances are getting shorter and shorter
Seems like the writers are using her and Becky for an online series.