Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2016, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode Discussion: 2x11 "Death Will Have His Day" [March 30th] 2016 SPRING PREMIERE

2x11
"Death Will Have His Day"

After losing the company he built, Lucious announces he will stop at nothing to regain his power, but Cookie has her own way of handling things. Meanwhile, Rhonda, Andre and the rest of the Lyon family come to terms with a horrific, life-changing tragedy that changes their lives as they know it. Don’t miss the aftermath unfold in the all-new “Death Will Have His Day” spring premiere episode of EMPIRE.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

Yassssss
Old 03-29-2016, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

I can't believe it's tomorrow!

Thanks for starting the thread Tia
Old 03-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know! Finally!
Will you watch it a day later, Issi?
Old 03-30-2016, 06:40 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, I will watch it tomorrow I hope it will be online when I wake up, if not I'm going to read the spoilers anyway
Old 03-30-2016, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

You should avoid the spoilers.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

love spoilers! haha
Old 03-30-2016, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The show is finally back.
This episode was alright for me though.

Thirsty trying to find out how to get Empire back! Lucious still trying to run this place.
Cookie Lyon with her quotes is always awesome.

I hated that beginning scene with Hakeem and Cookie. I'm #TeamHakeem 100%

"I can die a thousand times, just please save my baby."broken_heart: Poor Rhonda. She just want her unborn baby to survive. Her love for her child is there already and it's so beautiful.
Aww that's so sad.

That scene was so perfectly acted with the whole cast. the tears in everyone's eyes was just tragic when Cookie tells Andre that Rhonda lost the baby.

Rhonda telling Andre that God doesn't exist. Andre is trying to keep his faith but after losing the baby, Rhonda has no faith in God.

Urg seeing Lucious getting the baby treatment like a little bitch was not enjoyable to watch. Lucious brought all of this nonsense on himself, why in the world should I feel bad for him?

Camila has been wanting to take down Lucious since she was banished, and we aren't surprised.
I loved that Hakeem still talked about his love for Laura. "I just never felt this way about a girl before. She's special." He was in a tough situation. To be the head of Empire, he had to leave the one he loves in Laura. Of course I was not surprised he did it in a cruel way for Laura can dislike him.
I loved that Laura song at the end of the episode though. Great song from her. You can tell how much Hakeem misses her.
I knew that the break up wouldn't last long. Although I am surprised with how quickly Laura gave him the good deeds after what happened. I'm not sure if I agree with her on that. She just seems so naive. Even if I do believe in Hakeem's love.

Oh wow Anika really did it. I got some confirmation at the hospital when she said that everything happened for a reason. Why in the world would someone say that at this moment? okay... all Rhonda needs to remember is that she was pushed!

I liked that Jamal and Cookie relationship so much. Cookie is just a different person around him. You can just always feel the love.
I loved that Jamal for saying how sexuality is confusing or just stupid because it sort of is. Just like who you like and everyone move one.

Nice to know that Hakeem put the Lyon back in his name. WTF!

Cookie admits to a miscarriage she once had. Nice to know that history we never knew.
Hakeem relationship with Camilia sort of makes sense to me because she treats him like a mother. Hakeem doesn't have that relationship with Cookie where she respects him and gives him all of that love.

Urg Lucious. Taking his son the same place where he killed Bunkie, and he finally admitted to killing him. Just wow.
Of course I think we all know that Lucious is going to frame Hakeem for Bunkie's death now since he's got his fingerprints all on it.

Can't wait to see more of Cookie babying Lucious throughout this whole process.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
The show is finally back.
This episode was alright for me though.
Even though there wasn't too much going on with this episode, it definitely left me excited for this season! I also thought that the recap was very helpful, and they eased into the 2nd season really well.

Quote:
Thirsty trying to find out how to get Empire back! Lucious still trying to run this place.
Cookie Lyon with her quotes is always awesome.
And this is why Cookie is my favorite. Despite all that she has been though with Luscious, she is still down with him and helping him get back the empire. I love when they are a family!

Quote:
I hated that beginning scene with Hakeem and Cookie. I'm #TeamHakeem 100%
I can't say that I can't blame her. I do really like Hakeem, but at the same time, I feel like Hakeem needs to understand that family comes first! I know he has his differences with Luscious, but he needs to follow in her footsteps. I was really hoping that the whole CEO thing was a plan by Cookie and he is really down with the Lyons but faking it to trick into getting Camila out.

Quote:
"I can die a thousand times, just please save my baby."broken_heart: Poor Rhonda. She just want her unborn baby to survive. Her love for her child is there already and it's so beautiful.
Aww that's so sad.

That scene was so perfectly acted with the whole cast. the tears in everyone's eyes was just tragic when Cookie tells Andre that Rhonda lost the baby.

Rhonda telling Andre that God doesn't exist. Andre is trying to keep his faith but after losing the baby, Rhonda has no faith in God.
Andre & Rhonda killed those scenes about losing the baby. If it wasn't that I'm watching it at work, I would of been in tears!!! so good!!!

Quote:
Urg seeing Lucious getting the baby treatment like a little bitch was not enjoyable to watch. Lucious brought all of this nonsense on himself, why in the world should I feel bad for him?
I agree! I look at it as Cookie needs him on on her side to really get want she wants. Her Empire. At the end of the day, Cookie is responsible for the creation of Empire, and a lot of credit is owned to her talent.

Quote:
Camila has been wanting to take down Lucious since she was banished, and we aren't surprised.
I knew she was coming back sooner or later. Naomi Campbell is KILLING IT.

Quote:
I loved that Hakeem still talked about his love for Laura. "I just never felt this way about a girl before. She's special." He was in a tough situation. To be the head of Empire, he had to leave the one he loves in Laura. Of course I was not surprised he did it in a cruel way for Laura can dislike him.
I loved that Laura song at the end of the episode though. Great song from her. You can tell how much Hakeem misses her.
I knew that the break up wouldn't last long. Although I am surprised with how quickly Laura gave him the good deeds after what happened. I'm not sure if I agree with her on that. She just seems so naive. Even if I do believe in Hakeem's love.
I really do ship Laura and Hakeem, and really hope that they end of together. I really want to see Hakeem fight for Laura. I was a little upset that she gave in a little too fast there. But Hakeem realizing how much Laura means to him was beautiful.

Quote:
Oh wow Anika really did it. I got some confirmation at the hospital when she said that everything happened for a reason. Why in the world would someone say that at this moment? okay... all Rhonda needs to remember is that she was pushed!
I thought we already knew it was Anika? I remember knowing from when the push happened. I don't read spoilers for Empire, so I felt like I already knew or I am just going crazy? lol

Quote:
I liked that Jamal and Cookie relationship so much. Cookie is just a different person around him. You can just always feel the love.
I loved that Jamal for saying how sexuality is confusing or just stupid because it sort of is. Just like who you like and everyone move one.
When he was talking about sexuality being fluid, I was literally cheering him on! YES! And Jamal and Cookie are mother and son goals!

Quote:
Nice to know that Hakeem put the Lyon back in his name. WTF!
He better respect it! haha.

Quote:
Cookie admits to a miscarriage she once had. Nice to know that history we never knew.
It was a good touch, and hope that Rhonda and Andre will probably have another child.

Quote:
Hakeem relationship with Camilia sort of makes sense to me because she treats him like a mother. Hakeem doesn't have that relationship with Cookie where she respects him and gives him all of that love.
Yeah, I saw that from when they first got together. Since Hakeem didn't grow up with Cookie, he is definitely lacking that motherly love. He is definitely getting it from Camila.

Quote:
Urg Lucious. Taking his son the same place where he killed Bunkie, and he finally admitted to killing him. Just wow.
Of course I think we all know that Lucious is going to frame Hakeem for Bunkie's death now since he's got his fingerprints all on it.

Can't wait to see more of Cookie babying Lucious throughout this whole process.
Yeah, I was like come on Luscious? Seriously? You'll take out your own son?! Especially after the rest of your family is trying to help you! Ungrateful douche. Cookie said that she has this handled! Believe in Cookie! All hail Cookie!

Great first episode to the season!! Can't wait for more!
Old 03-31-2016, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

It's 2:11 AM here and it's been a crazy day I will watch tomorrow though and post my thoughts.

So looking forward to the Rhonda and Andre scenes

Wow so Lucious is still and is working against the family?
Old 03-31-2016, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by watercolors. (View Post)
I can't say that I can't blame her. I do really like Hakeem, but at the same time, I feel like Hakeem needs to understand that family comes first! I know he has his differences with Luscious, but he needs to follow in her footsteps. I was really hoping that the whole CEO thing was a plan by Cookie and he is really down with the Lyons but faking it to trick into getting Camila out.

I agree! I look at it as Cookie needs him on on her side to really get want she wants. Her Empire. At the end of the day, Cookie is responsible for the creation of Empire, and a lot of credit is owned to her talent.
I think that Cookie doesn't realize how Hakeem actions is because of everything Lucious has done. No disrespect to Cookie, but I think her kids probably know Lucious more than she knows because so much happened during those 17 years while he's away so what gets me upset if that if Jamal probably made the same decision against Lucious [Season 1] that Hakeem made two episodes ago, she wouldn't have hit him, she would have understood because her love for Jamal seems to be 100x stronger than it is for anyone else.

Lucious brought all of this on himself, so I don't get why I am suppose to feel bad at all for Lucious and say, "family first" when it pertains to Lucious.
I agree that she did a lot for Empire but Hakeem is the way he is because of Lucious. He just wants revenge. Some people act out in revenge or forget about it and move on. Andre is the son who wants his father approval so will do anything for Lucious. Jamal is the son who wants his father acceptance so will not talk out against him because he doesn't want to end their fantasy relationship. Hakeem is the son who acts as ruthless as Lucious and who will go out for revenge. If Lucious and Cookie are upset with Hakeem, all Cookie has to do is look at Lucious and Lucious need to look in the mirror.... Like father, like son. I guess.

Quote:
I knew she was coming back sooner or later. Naomi Campbell is KILLING IT.

I really do ship Laura and Hakeem, and really hope that they end of together. I really want to see Hakeem fight for Laura. I was a little upset that she gave in a little too fast there. But Hakeem realizing how much Laura means to him was beautiful.
Yes she is, and Camilla actions is just another thing to blame Lucious for.
I agree with Laura/Hakeem, she caved in too quickly. You can tell how young and naive she is at times. I feel for her.

Quote:
I thought we already knew it was Anika? I remember knowing from when the push happened. I don't read spoilers for Empire, so I felt like I already knew or I am just going crazy? lol

Yeah, I saw that from when they first got together. Since Hakeem didn't grow up with Cookie, he is definitely lacking that motherly love. He is definitely getting it from Camila.

Yeah, I was like come on Luscious? Seriously? You'll take out your own son?! Especially after the rest of your family is trying to help you! Ungrateful douche. Cookie said that she has this handled! Believe in Cookie! All hail Cookie!

No, it was never confirmed to be Anika. The identity is still unknown to us. It's all about speculating.
I hope Rhonda remembers soon that she was pushed down the stairs and the shows that walked out of her house.

Agree with Camila/Hakeem... she gives him what he probably wants from Cookie that he never got. Someone who cares about his feelings, who puts him first. As we saw with the first few episodes of the series and from Season 2, he sees the way Cookie is with Jamal and I think he's just sad that he never got that.

Yeah... nothing to add about Lucious there. lol Besides Hakeem better watch out because he's about to get framed from Bunkie's death.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

I didn't like this ep that much, Hakeem ruined it for me, such and idiot, Camilla is pulling the strings like he's her puppet, dissing Cookie like that by choosing her annoyed the hell out of me. I'm glad Cookie whooped his ass, he's like a kid throwing a tantrum, WTF was he wearing? get it together, and why Laura gave it up to him? has she not heard about Camilla yet? Camilla is not as smart as she thinks tho, she don't know business like the Lyons, they got Andre and he knows the loop holes, the conflict of interest with Lyon Dynasty and Empire threw her off her game

I do believe it was Anika that pushed Rhonda, that lil head and those red bottoms which is the last thing Rhonda saw, typical for a woman to pay attention to shoes I hope she remembers more but its sad the lost for her and Andre.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:48 PM
New Fan

Anika DID NOT push Rhonda down the stairs. I have watched the opening scene several times with her lying there as the "pusher" is literally standing over her and here are a few things that have stood out for me. First off the walk of the person. It's a character that we have seen before (again not Anika) because for me the walk is very familiar but I can't place it on someone just yet. Secondly, I would not be surprised to see the "pusher" be a guy. It's not Thirsty because he is with Lucious & Andre. Also those feet and shoes are not feminine feet. Just saying. If the make it female (and I'm still not convinced that it is a female) what about Michelle the church lady who turned Andre to God? The other possible explanation could be the former prosecutor Ms Ford who already threatened Cookie over Andre when she had her arrested and Cookie gave her the Apex Radio deal that Lucious was working in when Bunky was killed by Lucious. She even told Cookie "I will hurt your boys". She also didn't like it when Lucious called her a "black bitch with cheap shoes" to which she replied "And their Tom Ford". Wouldn't surprise me in the least to have her be the one.

But no way, no way on gods green earth that Anika is the "pusher". I would bet the farm on that and win.

Loved the episode overall. Gives a lot of good starting points for which way to take the remaining episodes. We won't find out who pushed Rhonda until episode 17 or 18. I read that somewhere.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:48 AM
Elite Fan

I'm so sad Rhonda can't even remmeber what she saw, the shoes and the person going out the door

I loved Andre being so supportive and so cute to Rhonda at hospital and later home. That's so sweet. My babies

I do believe it was Anika too. And her creepy comment in the hospital like "Lucious will have heirs" I hope it turns out it's not even Hakeem's child.

Hakeem.. well I don't know how to feel about him. I hate him when he is with Camilla, that's sure and I love him when he is with Laura. I don't know if I like that Laura gave him what he wanted but he said he doesn't want to do it and she basically begged him to and they said "i love you" to each other... should that make us believe that their relationship is important and serious?

I'm not team Empire-back-to-Lucious but I am Team Andre-Cookie-Jamal they are badass, LOVE when they work together especially Andre-Cookie because I always wanted more of them together!

Lucious... I liked him better in the first half of S2 tbh. I love the scenes with Cookie but it doesn't feel right because he is only letting her comfort him because he has noone and is desperate right now. That's not what I wanted for my ship

No Porsha this week?
Old 04-01-2016, 08:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

No, it was never confirmed to be Anika. The identity is still unknown to us. It's all about speculating.
I hope Rhonda remembers soon that she was pushed down the stairs and the shows that walked out of her house.

Well well well, I guess that I must be going crazy. I was convinced that it was Anika. Especially that she wants to be relevant in the Lyon family, she would push Rhonda, kill the baby and then have the chance for her child to be Luscious' new gift.

I really can't think of who else it would be, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)

No Porsha this week?

I know! I want her back!

Last edited by watercolors.; 04-01-2016 at 08:33 AM