Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode Discussion: 2x09 "Sinned Against" [November 25th]

2x09
"Sinned Against"

Cookie and her sister, Candace (guest star Vivica A. Fox), team up with a former prison mate (guest star Rosie O’Donnell) to rescue their sister, Carol. Back at Empire, Jamal and critically acclaimed pop star Skye Summers (guest star Alicia Keys) begin collaborating and soon share a deep connection. Meanwhile, Laz (guest star Adam Rodriguez) has truly fallen for Cookie, but things get complicated when she finds out the truth about him in the all-new “Sinned Against” episode of EMPIRE.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

OH MY GOSH I love that song

Wow Cookie and Laz making out in front of Lucious
Old 11-24-2015, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
OH MY GOSH I love that song

Wow Cookie and Laz making out in front of Lucious

I love it as well.

Yup it is... of course he ain't happy as expected. lol
Old 11-24-2015, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

And Rhonda looking pregnant finally
Old 11-25-2015, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Happy Empire day! I can't wait till tonight☺

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 11-25-2015, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so jealous at all of you who can watch it live
Old 11-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
I'm so jealous at all of you who can watch it live
I wish you could watch it live as well.

Cookie rocking her fashion tonight. Her hair seemed back on track as well.
I loved the Candice and Cookie scenes tonight. This episode showed yet again why Cookie is so dedicated to Jamal... I mean did anyone else visit her while she was in prison?

Aww Hakeem telling Cookie he loves her. Was this the first time he said it? I forgot but by Cookie's reaction it seemed like it's the first time. That was a nice phone scene.

I agree with Candace not doing crackhouses and prisons. lol

At least we know Laura last name is Calleros because of how crazy Anika is.
Loved the introduction of Alicia Keys as Skye Summers.

Lucious gave Andre and Rhonda a great house! Man this is all doomed.
I love Cookie looking at her people in the past. lol

Rosie! I actually loved seeing her on the show!

It's funny to see how the roles are reversed. Andre begging Lucious to come back to Empire at the beginning of the season and now it feels like each episode Lucious begs Hakeem to return back.

I agree with Skye, that people like to put people in a box with labels. Skye and Jamal chemistry is amazing to see! That song they did was just perfect. They sing beautifully together. I hope they make more songs together because Jussie Smollet and Alicia Keys KILLED IT!

I've been enjoying these Anika and Rhonda scenes lately.
Rhonda truly looked pregnant today and happy.

How the heck is Anika in love? really? Just horrendous writing for this whole storyline. Like all Hakeem did was put it down good in the bedroom and she fell in love? really? I'm just confused.

Lee Daniels portraying well... himself tonight. Okay.

A nice shipper moment between Lucious and Cookie that Issi is going to love! see that's why you see who's massaging you before you get to comfortable. lol
Of course Lucious was not happy to see Laz and Cookie's relationship. lol

Poor Cookie. Taraji P. Henson acted that scene so perfectly, I truly felt her pain when she found out what Laz really was and smart for Lucious to investigate Laz once he met him... that's exactly what Cookie should have done.
I guess it's fair to say that Laz is a goner?

Tasha, Vivica and Taraji... just terrific casting at the sisters. It was amazing to watch. I wonder what Carol did that Cookie wouldn't forgive though? I love how close they are so I hope it's not that bad. I loved that Cookie told Carol she needed to clean herself up.
What I loved about the scenes with the sisters is that it showed that Carol and Candace are the only two on Cookie's level when it comes to out talking to her and throwing shade right back. lol

That last Skye and Jamal scene. The chemistry was so powerful that I actually predicted it mid way through the episode....
Old 11-25-2015, 09:44 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the episode discussion thread.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Just watched it

OMG OMG Luciousss x Cookie
I like Laz and I feel like he really was honest but dammit, I ship Lucious and Cookie waaaay more than anybody else I wish he could just stop being an ass and I actually liked him in this episode, maybe it's something good I mean... maybe it's the beginning of his... change?

OMG Jamal what was thaaaat? he kissed her? #ishipit and #lovethesong

Anika, you guys may not agree with me on this but I actually like crazy Anika. I mean, it's awful that she fell in love with HAKEEM and she's crazy but I love her and the quote "Ah you could do so much better baby" this was so badass

Cookie and her sisters loved their scenes!

Do we know if Laz is going to be in the next episode too or will he like.. disappear? Is there a promo? Because like usual, I haven't seen one

eta: Tia, you were so right about the Cookie and Lucious moment. I loved LOVED it!!! gotta rewatch this part
Old 11-26-2015, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice that you watched the episode already.

I don't like crazy Anika because the way it's been written has been horrible. I would have understood it more if she wasn't in love with Hakeem but yeah I don't get it which is why it's difficult for me to really like it.

I think Laz will be "dead" for some episodes. However, the only people who know the truth is Lucious and the other guys in that room. I don't believe he died even if it came across that way.

Jamal and Skye chemistry through the whole episode was fun to watch.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I just can't with crazy Anika because it makes no sense. Hakeem is not worth that much energy to go outside herself for and I hope they squash that lameness quick it's painful to watch. And then there is Jamal kissing Skye? Is he gay or nah? What kinda writing is going on with this show the characters are flipping into the opposite of what they are what's next is Cookie really a man?

Ok jokes aside I liked this ep with the sisters and Cookie was looking right, her fashion and hair was on point. I felt really bad for her about Laz but she shoulda known better then to throw her relationship with Laz in Lucious face, too funny Lucious called Laz a maid next week looks really good, the family looks like they pulling together again.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

In total there is 11 episodes this season, right?
Old 11-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^18 episodes, next week is the Fall Finale, and I think it returns in February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Warning (View Post)
Yeah I just can't with crazy Anika because it makes no sense. Hakeem is not worth that much energy to go outside herself for and I hope they squash that lameness quick it's painful to watch. And then there is Jamal kissing Skye? Is he gay or nah? What kinda writing is going on with this show the characters are flipping into the opposite of what they are what's next is Cookie really a man?

Ok jokes aside I liked this ep with the sisters and Cookie was looking right, her fashion and hair was on point. I felt really bad for her about Laz but she shoulda known better then to throw her relationship with Laz in Lucious face, too funny Lucious called Laz a maid next week looks really good, the family looks like they pulling together again.

I don't think Jamal switched sides. He isn't the first gay man in history to kiss a person of the opposite sex. lol I think it was because she was his idol and it was a spur of the moment. I think he attracted more to how she is then her gender.

Anika... if they were going to do an obsessed Anika storyline, they could have at least build it alot more. I mean to one night stands and she's sprung.

Well Lucious sure did better investigation than Cookie did.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

18?? thaT's great! February it's too long though
Old 11-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

I don't think Jamal switched sides. He isn't the first gay man in history to kiss a person of the opposite sex. lol I think it was because she was his idol and it was a spur of the moment. I think he attracted more to how she is then her gender.

Anika... if they were going to do an obsessed Anika storyline, they could have at least build it alot more. I mean to one night stands and she's sprung.

Well Lucious sure did better investigation than Cookie did.
wow, 18 eps, that's so cool. Sorry I cant get with Jamal kissing Skye cause he is full blown gay since a kid, he has never been bisexual, well that we know of anyways but they may pull flashbacks out of nowhere to justify it I hope you are right and its just an infatuation.

I could have gone for Anika acting this way over Lucious cause they have a history and some people cant let go but Hakeem? sorry I'm not buying it. Poor Cookie, she got so played, she let her guard down with Laz