Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2015, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode Discussion: 2x08 "My Bad Parts" [November 18th]

2x08
"My Bad Parts"

Battle lines are drawn when Lucious attempts to assert his power by releasing a rap by Freda challenging Hakeem as his heir. Meanwhile, Cookie's spitfire sister pays her a special visit; Jamal works on landing a major sponsorship deal; and Anika receives some life-changing news.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the thread

I actually forgot I can top threads too now
Old 11-18-2015, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
Thanks for starting the thread

I actually forgot I can top threads too now

No Problemo.

Awesome being a mod! lol
Old 11-18-2015, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah

I already saw Empire tweeting something like "are you #TeamHakeem or #TeamFreda" what kind of questions though, Hakeem obviously
Old 11-18-2015, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^Easily #TeamHakeem

THIS EPISODE!!!

That beginning scene had me laughing, the crowd was scared as f when they heard them bullets, very understandable.

Laura is a virgin. No surprise there, although I am shocked she told Hakeem although it's nice she did so he knows. I truly hope she doesn't give it up to him anytime soon.

It's amazing that Andre is more of a man when he's working for Empire then when he is alone. The way he is acting now is what I wanted to see when he wasn't working for his Dad.

Cookie/Jamal. They make magic together.
Cookie's fashion. She always watches it!!
Cookie's hiding was hilarious.

Man Anika is going through it... she's pregnant? My goodness... I'm assuming it will be Hakeem's, just wow. If she really is pregnant... I really wish she would have known better than to sleep with him. This Anika/Hakeem relationship is tough to watch though. lol It seems like she should be his mother over a love interest.
I love Hakeem for not wanting to cheat on Laura. "I think I'm in love." Aww it makes me love Laura/Hakeem relationship even more

Hakeem is too young to be having a kid. I wish Anika and Hakeem didn't get themselves in this situation and that Anika had some inner strength to stop it when it was happening.

A Rhonda and Anika scene! nice to see that, both characters doesn't get enough screentime and I want to learn more about both. This was the first time I truly believed Rhonda was pregnant.

You go ahead Cookie. Smacked the heck out of Laz! although Hakeem sort of deserved the push since he initiated the whole thing.

"What makes you love Jamal more than me." That's so sad. I feel bad for Hakeem because he'll always feel second to Jamal, and for people who don't remember, this is the second time he said that same quote. He said it once during Season 1... I can understand why Hakeem feel that way though because something will always make Cookie come off as she is loving Jamal the most.

I loved that scene with Jamal, Cookie and Lucious...the musicians were looking like... OKAyyyyy..... lol
Cookie owned that scene when Lucious called Jamal his son "Now he's your son Lucious? now he's your son? you hear this."

I can't believe Cookie made a deal like that. I was 100% sure that Freda was going to win after Cookie made that deal with Lucious. Just another reason for Hakeem to question Cookie's love. I was happy to get proven wrong.

I loved the Jamal and Hakeem scene. They always share great scenes!

Cookie was about ready to leave faster then a speeding bullet when she thought Jamal was going to use Lucious song and then her's played, she was like. and she say back down. That scene was awesome.
This episode showed how great it could be if Cookie and Lucious worked together.(

I was worried for Hakeem during the battle
That was a bombshell. I was so shocked... Hakeem
Cookie sister Candice makes her debut tonight, and it's because Carol left her kids.

The ending. Anika has really turned into a crazy nut.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I liked the episode

Of course I was rooting for Hakeem in the rap battle

The Cookie/Hakeem scenes were great.. especially when she slapped Laz Mommabear
But Hakeem is right sometimes it does come across as if she loves Jamal more but it's more to do about the music in my opinion. and not her having a favorite child cause I think she loves them all equally.

Poor Anika things keep getting worst for her and looks like she's bout ready to snap.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think Cookie loves all her kids equally but at times it seems like she does love Jamal more... it's probably accidentally but it seems like it

My poor Anika stance did not last very long. lol
Old 11-19-2015, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

I was discussing this on Reign board too because no matter what they say and no matter that they should not, mothers always have favorites. It's not fair but there is always a kid you allow more than the others

I can't wait to watch the episode

Cookie and Lucious working together
Old 11-19-2015, 09:18 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the episode discussion thread.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
I was discussing this on Reign board too because no matter what they say and no matter that they should not, mothers always have favorites. It's not fair but there is always a kid you allow more than the others

I can't wait to watch the episode

Yeah, I think as Cookie said during Season 1... she just knows Jamal better than anyone so that's why she probably feels drawn to him the most. Jamal was probably the only one who really showed he cared when she was locked up so of course that made their bond even stronger.

I can't wait for you to watch it as well!
Old 11-19-2015, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

seriously Anika is pregnant by Hakeem/ please say it isn't so, is this the best they could come up with to keep her relevant? and she's stalking Laura? I cant with this foolishness, Anika was an intelligent woman now suddenly she's obsessed over a boy?

Too funny Hakeem told Laz to go hand out some flyers and Cookie smacked Laz for thinking he could check Hakeem, don't get it twisted too funny Cookie in that closet eating and listening all this hiding from each other was silly tho, at the end of the day they are family and should not be against each other, I'm glad Jamal forced his parents to co-produce the song but the bet regarding Hakeem was not cool tho, he should not be used like that but I enjoyed the rap battle.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

Yeah, I think as Cookie said during Season 1... she just knows Jamal better than anyone so that's why she probably feels drawn to him the most. Jamal was probably the only one who really showed he cared when she was locked up so of course that made their bond even stronger.

I can't wait for you to watch it as well!
but maybe Hakeem would have cared too, he was just a baby when she was imprisoned and later Lucious told him lies
Old 11-20-2015, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Warning (View Post)
seriously Anika is pregnant by Hakeem/ please say it isn't so, is this the best they could come up with to keep her relevant? and she's stalking Laura? I cant with this foolishness, Anika was an intelligent woman now suddenly she's obsessed over a boy?

I definitely agree with you.
It's a shame the storyline they are giving Anika. It's difficult to feel sympathy for her or even relate to her.
If they didn't have a storyline for her, the should have just written her off the show after Season 1.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

Exactly, it would've been best to let her go rather then make her character desperate with no real purpose cause the Anika I thought I knew would not be serious for Hakeem, this SL is really hard to swallow cause it's just not believable.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Warning (View Post)
Exactly, it would've been best to let her go rather then make her character desperate with no real purpose cause the Anika I thought I knew would not be serious for Hakeem, this SL is really hard to swallow cause it's just not believable.

Yup.
Anika is just a mess man and this storyline just doesn't make sense. If they wanted to do crazy Anika, it would have made more sense if it was when she left Lucious. Over Hakeem? really?
And we are suppose to believe Anika can't get another job anywhere? Like come on now.