Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-21-2015, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode Discussion: 2x05 "Be True" [October 21th]

2x05
"Be True"

TOver at Lyon Dynasty, Cookie and Anika work together with Laz (guest star Adam Rodriguez) to throw “Cookie Lyon’s Block Party,” a big event to launch their company, showcase their artists and premiere a signature Dynasty anthem written by Hakeem. Meanwhile, Jamal gets busy working on his music with Ne-Yo (guest star Ne-Yo). Also, Hakeem begins a tender romance with the lead singer of his girl group, and Andre takes steps to rid his soul of past sins in the all-new “Be True” episode of EMPIRE.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Good episode.

The stuff with Andre was great... and of course Lucious had to ruin it. I get he had a bad childhood but just getting up and walking away like that, not cool.

Cookie and Laz that's gonna be interesting.

Starting to wonder if Rhonda is actually pregnant..

Hakeem getting kidnapped

Jamal and his relationship drama was boring imo.

at Porsha and the dog "whoopty woo"
Old 10-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Neyo in the episode! cool, I loved how natural his appearance seemed compared to the overdue other famous appearances on the series.
Urg to the dude trying to break up Jamal and Michael, he is really just full of sht, over there talking about how he doesn't like same sex married and then next scene he's over there trying to mouth (literally) Jamal in the middle of a hall. lol Just too much.
Michael of course isn't pleased, he feels like he is just getting left out and of course Michael shocked us all in the episode... after months... dating back to last season, after months of being straight up jealous he stands back and do this nonsense? I don't like Jamal this season but that was straight up f'd up.

I do have to mention though, why no follow up on Jamal/Michael? Michael cheats and then we don't get any mention or follow up of it which was just odd.

YES! to the Laz and Cookie scenes. I was so into their chemistry in the movie "I Can Do Bad All By Myself" so of course I was happy to see Taraji and Rodriquez chemistry.
Taraji is reuniting with all her former move flames. lol First Terrence Howard, now Adam Rodriquez, and I guess it's fitting for Tyrese to be next.
Back to Laz and Cookie! I seriously loved all their scenes tonight, I'm already shipping it... thus far I have shipped Cookie with everybody instead of Lucious. ironic.

Aww to Rhonda and Andre's relationship... so much things going on although I still sadly don't believe Rhonda is pregnant, hopefully I am in for a surprise.

"I'm not. I'd never do anything to hurt my mother." Awww Andre! I loved that whole scene, and how he told Thirsty Rawlings that if there is any family discussions needed then Lucious can tell him all by himself. Great scene.

I loved the scene Tiana talking with Laura about how Hakeem sleeps with everybody... I think that was definitely needed for Laura in this episode because soon later Hakeem flirted with her.
I love Laura for not being one of those girls who just sleep with Hakeem... which is one reason I would probably ship it if it gets developed more. I loved the scene when Hakeem apologized to her outside... for Hakeem, Laura is new to him because for Hakeem... all the ladies drop the panties for him overnight. lol So Laura rejection is definitely probably new for him.

I'm loving the Jamal and Becky friendship.
"Jesus does love you, I don't care what the bible says."

I loved the scene between Frank Gathers daughter (who I need to remember the name of) and Lucious because Lucious was talking more of himself about how some father's don't know how to show love.

I loved the Lyon's brothers scene.
Andre Lyon trying to get his life on track. And by doing it, he admitted his past sins and off to a great future.

I loved the Jamal and Cookie scene in churchh.

So many funny quotes in the church as well. lol

"That devil walk in here, this whole place might catch fire."
That scene was just hilarious. lol and so true... Lucious is the devil of the show.
"I think I seen some angels running for cover." Funny quote from Hakeem.

I loved how whole Lyon family gathered to support Andrew.

"Preach Mom, Preach." Look at how far the Cookie/Hakeem has gotten.
I felt bad for Hakeem when Jamal/Cookie were holding hands though, I think he still feels second to Jamal.

I also loved seeing more of Lucious past, at least his past was connected to the reason why he did not want to watch Andre get baptized.
THe end of the episode. Next episode will be interesting.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

Loved Neyo, he is so talented, I thought Andre was baptized before when he got close with his counselor or something like that? Lucious ruined that too. It was great to see the family coming together to support Andre, he is so glad to be back at Empire. The retaliation against Lyon Dynasty was going too far, they attacked Tianna but I loved Cookie pulling the gun on the looters, she is so bad ass.

It seem like the family will get even closer again with Hakeem being kidnapped. I also loved the brothers when they are all together, Andre was full of confessions Glad Cookie is giving Porsha another chance with whoopthie woo
Old 10-22-2015, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Really, every episode gets better and better! I loved last night's episode. Lucious is truly an awful human being. What is up with this fool comparing himself to God all the time? I have to shake my head at some of the things that came out of his mouth. I stick by my first statement, he's a cold-bloodied bastard. I'm suprised that a person got so far in life with his own set of beliefs.

Cookie was greater than ever, especially by showing how she loves each one of her children. She loves them unconditionally. I liked her chemistry with Laz, who is a promoter. Cookie and him weren't playing around with those thugs. Her line, "drop it b!tch" had me rolling.

Jamal needs to concentrate on his music and not worry about Michael. And why is that rolling stone artist still around? He's off the chats creepy. I can't believe the way he nearly attacked Jamal. Glad that Jamal shut him down real quick. But Michael was in the wrong for cheating with the creepy artist and disrespecting Jamal. I hope Jamal called it off. I never liked Michael in the first place.

I'm very proud of Andre for standing up for himself and sticking to his faith. He showed a lot of growth by coming clean to everyone. And I think he needs to leave Empire again,because he's only going to be miserable there. I also loved how he handled Thirsty Rawlings. The guy's a snake just like his employer.

I'm diggng Laura, Hakeem's lead singer. She has a lot of self-respect for herself. She's not going to allow him to use her. She's different from all the other girls he's been with.You can tell that Hakeem is intrigue with her.

Hakeem displayed a little jealousy when Cookie and Jamal were holding hands. Cookie loves all her boy's equally. Again, I'm loving the relationship between him and Cookie. They share a lot of traits. But the ending, I hated how he got kidnapped.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 10-22-2015, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

I'm dying to watch it hopefully I'll be able to watch soon!

Cookie and Laz? Who's Laz? what will Lucious say? I'd ship Taraji with everyone but I ship her so bad with Terrence

Porsha in the episode?? YAYY so excited

Laura, I'm so glad I was right about her after the first scene I hope she's not like all the others
Old 10-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
I'm dying to watch it hopefully I'll be able to watch soon!

Cookie and Laz? Who's Laz? what will Lucious say? I'd ship Taraji with everyone but I ship her so bad with Terrence

Porsha in the episode?? YAYY so excited

Laura, I'm so glad I was right about her after the first scene I hope she's not like all the others

You always want to get spoilers before you watch.

Adam Rodriquez portrays Laz and Taraji and Rodriquez actually are reuniting, since they starred in a movie together a few years ago "I Can Do Bad All By Myself" They had awesome chemistry in it and of course it continued in her and I loved Cookie/Laz during this episode.

Porsha is.

Laura is... and I thank a nod at Tiana for talking with her earlier in the episode about Hakeem ways...
Old 10-22-2015, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

I just love spoilers, it makes me even more excited to watch of course when the plot is interesting and this episode seems great!
Old 10-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
I just love spoilers, it makes me even more excited to watch of course when the plot is interesting and this episode seems great!
Yeah it was a great episode and the church scenes were just great.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for creating the thread. Sorry, I didn't see this yesterday.

Add a link to the guide for the OP.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Laz and Cookie

Old 10-23-2015, 09:36 AM
MST Manager

^

Thanks for this episode discussion thread.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^No Problemo and I totally agree with that gif.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Oh man no new eps for awhile, I hate hiatus
Old 10-27-2015, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Warning (View Post)
Oh man no new eps for awhile, I hate hiatus
Me too

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah