Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-14-2015, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode Discussion: 2x04 "Poor Yorick" [October 14th]

2x04
"Poor Yorick"

The Lyons are still split into warring factions, but they all decide to shoot a music video that will capitalize on Hakeem and Jamal’s duet from Hakeem’s leaked album, a collaboration that will benefit both companies. Meanwhile, Lucious trades his real handcuffs for virtual ones. However, knowing he can’t fully control his company with a federal murder case hanging over his head, he sets out to find Vernon and make him permanently disappear in the all-new “Poor Yorick” episode of EMPIRE.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

TFTNT

at the ending

ugh of course Lucious welcomes Andre back to Empire now. but Andre/Rhonda are perfect!!!

Wish Cookie wouldn't have said anything that's gonna come back to haunt her eventually.

Jamal/Hakeem fight was bound to happen.. can't wait to see what Hakeem does with the girl singing at the bar.

Felt bad for Anika at the end
Old 10-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this thread.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:01 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for this thread.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

I can't wait to watch it especially since everybody's talking about Rhonda and Andre
Old 10-15-2015, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved this episode although it seemed like a strange episode to me. I guess the feel of this episode was different for me even if I can't explain why. lol

Can I start with Cookie/Hakeem, the development of their relationship has been a beauty for me to watch.
I love Hakeem's dedication to this girl's group, I can't wait to see what he does with the girl he saw at the bar.

I loved when FBI raid the Empire, how Becky and Jamal was acting. Becky was recording everything and the feds took the camera from her and then Jamal gave her his phone. lol Hilarious scene.

Lucious is so full of sht! Hakeem asked him if he killed Bunkie and with a straight face Lucious said he did not. lol Typical Lucious.

Hakeem hatred towards Lucious is amazing! I like how unlike Andre and Jamal, he is ready to move on and stay with Lyon Dynasty and wants to actually defeat Lucious. It's very refreshing to see.

I felt bad for Anika although I totally understand Cookie for not trusting her!

This was my favorite episode for Andre & Rhonda, I really did feel their love today. I love how Rhonda was telling Andre how she is basically his till death do us part girl and Andre was actually happy! can we get more scenes like this please!

Michael is just so through with everything right now.

Also a nice nod at Buffy the Vampire Slayer... Danny Strong is co-creator of Empire and Adam Busch was in the episode today,,, Warren and Jonathan was a duo for a full season. So I got flashbacks of that. lol

Jamal and Hakeem - aww it's tough to watch them going to war against each other again! I loved them performing "Ain't About the Money, It's About the Power" thus far, it's my favorite song of Season 2... and then when they had the fight. but then in the end I love how Hakeem's first instinct was to text an apology to Jamal, even if he didn't do it.

I was during the scene with the Jamal painting. lol Hakeem talking about how ugly the painting is and how great Terrence Howard acting was during the scene, when he was talking about how Hakeem's was a mama's boy. lol URG Lucious. lol

That scene with Cookie and Roxanne when they were complimenting their wig and weeave. lol
That flashback of Cookie in prison. Just to think she went through that for 17 years?... if this episode showed anything, it's how much Cookie loves her boys. That's really that only thing that can get to Cookie is anyone going after her boys. I think she had to tell Roxanne something when she said that she'd go after her boys... she'd go after Andre... Taraji was just phenomenal during that whole scene, great acting.

I loved what Andre said to Vernon. That shows how connected he was to him, and he really is taking his death hard. I liked how he thanked him for being there for him.

AND of course Lucious brings Andre back to Empire after he sees Vernon body.

Also, I liked the addition of the character Thirsty Rawlings, he's been fun to watch thus far.

That ending scene with Roxanne and the dissolved body.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:38 PM
Master Fan

great episode, love the video shoot until things got out of hand, Jamal and Hakeem songs are so great together. Andre is so desperate to get back in Empire he'd do just about anything, luckily it was Lucious who showed up while they were digging up the body. I hope we get more details about Lucious mother and why he so hesitant with Andre. So apparently Vernon is not coming back, I was hoping Malik got himself together but maybe the producers did not want to take chances.

the Sandra Bland reference by Cookie when arrested was a strong message.

Quote:
That scene with Cookie and Roxanne when they were complimenting their wig and weave.
this was so funny and true black women banter Roxanne wanted Vernon so they gave him to her
Old 10-17-2015, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Warning (View Post)
I hope we get more details about Lucious mother and why he so hesitant with Andre.

this was so funny and true black women banter Roxanne wanted Vernon so they gave him to her

I just think anytime Lucious seems Andre, he sees what his mother was. I can't wait to see more of that story unfold though.

Agree.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:30 PM
MST Manager

I love reading the comments.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

I thought the episode was highly good. Of course that rat bastard is still coldbloodied as ever. The guy never fails to amaze me with the things he say and does. I loved Cookie' s fashion sense and her prefect one-liners and brilliant lie to prosecutor Ford's, who I can't stand and like that surprise she got left in her car . She really deserved that. I'm just happy she stopped the purchase of Apex radio. Now Cookie and Hakeem can keep on displaying Lyon Dynasty's music. I love the continued relationship building between Hakeem and Cookie, Hakeem stayed loyal to her.

I liked all the video scenes as well as the song. I didn't like to Jamal and Hakeem fight . I'm glad to see that both brothers are succeeding in their careers. Jamal has his piece for Rolling stone done and Hakeem as found a replacement for his all girl group. I just wished Andre would stop begging but he finally found his way back to Empire.

I liked the fact that Hakeem is not afraid to challenge his father unlike Andre and Jamal. He lets Lucious' s know he isn't scared and can see through him. He does his own thing. He doesn't seek Lucious' s attention. I love the fact that he is riding with Lyon Dynasty.

Anybody else loving Thirsty Rawlings?

The Cookie flashbacks were heartbreaking.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 10-18-2015, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickylious (View Post)

I liked the fact that Hakeem is not afraid to challenge his father unlike Andre and Jamal. He lets Lucious' s know he isn't scared and can see through him. He does his own thing. He doesn't seek Lucious' s attention. I love the fact that he is riding with Lyon Dynasty.

Anybody else loving Thirsty Rawlings?

Definitely agree with you, I think it makes me like Hakeem more. He doesn't care about " Aww I want my Daddy to pay me more attention" He just doesn't want his attention and he has confidence in his Lyon Dynasty with Cookie.
It's amazing how different things are, Andre is the son who was begging to come back. Jamal is the one on top so he's happy he thinks he is accepted by Dad and Hakeem is the one who doesn't care and Lucious is begging him to return to Empire.

I mentioned it in my review, I love the new addition of Thirsty Rawlings. Pretty decent character.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

OMG this episode was just so good! I love everything about this show. From the cast, to storylines, music...
Old 10-19-2015, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ About time you watched it. Happy you enjoyed it though.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

hahaha yea, I'm late i know I'm just not used to watch ONLY one episode.. when it aired here in Austria they used to air 2 or 3 episodes in one day and it was soo good now I get only one episode and after that I'm like "how do I survive now"
Old 10-22-2015, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ LOL I feel the same cause I watched season 1 pretty quickly, and now have to wait every week, it's weird

Quote:
Roxanne wanted Vernon so they gave him to her
I almost got sick, I was SO not expecting that