Old 10-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Episode Discussion: 2x03 "Fires of Heaven" [October 7th]

2x03
"Fires of Heaven"

Cookie and Anika arrange a surprise performance that catches Pitbull's attention; Lucious tries to persuade Frank Gathers' daughter to sign with him; Andre and Rhonda hope their news will win Lucious' favor.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this thread. Wow Cookie rocks again and that outfit in the disco wow
Old 10-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT! I can't wait to watch the show tonight

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 10-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved this episode!
It's amazing that Lucious was just how I expected, him being scared of Lyon Dynasty so he's trying to ruin it by taking the talent.

I gotta start with the best scenes of the episode for me and that's the interaction between Hakeem and Cookie, they just have so much tension that it actually works perfectly well.
Cookie of course is always on point with her one liners.

Good Anika! I loved seeing her being strong tonight.

Jamal just doesn't have those big leadership skills yet, he was never the person to be signing people

Wow Cookie busting in the part with Lyon Dynasty. All thanks to Anika! I was totally feeling that song. Wow and Timberland joined it. That was great!... also I liked the PitPull and Jamal performance before it got cut of. lol

Andre telling Cookie about the baby. beautiful scene, we have been getting some great scenes of them. It's too bad that Andre is so desperate to get back to Empire.

I liked watching more flashbacks of Lucious childhood.
I liked watching a classic rap battle in this episode!
Gathers daughter is out of control, she obviously shouldn't be in battle raps if she is ready to shoot someone when she doesn't like something that was said.

"She was always there when I needed her." See Jamal still loves Cookie, he is just trying to stick on Lucious side right now by running the company.

Becky was so on point tonight! I loved her telling Jamal to not to have beef with his mother because of what is going on with the parents. Stick with Cookie, the one who has always been by your side.

I am loving Porcha and Cookie relationship. lol Just comedy.

Dang Lyon Dynasty got played. Valentina... urg, I knew I didn't like her man. Poor Hakeem and Cookie, they will get their revenge.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I liked the episode..

Not surprised at all by what Lucious did at the end was to be expected from him...

Hakeem performance was good.

Jamal still one of my favorites but I find myself rooting for Hakeem more this season.. guess it's cause of the ego power trip he's on right now.

Sucks seeing Andre keep getting rejected by Lucious, wish he would just go back by Cookie

Lol at Cookie during the dinner when she pulls all the food off the table

Cookie/Anika
Old 10-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh I am definitely with you on that. I love me some Jamal, but Hakeem is growing more and more on me each episode.
I think Jamal might be on a ego power trip but I think it's all because of Lucious. He never know how it's felt to be accepted by Lucious and now that he believe he is getting accepting, he doesn't want to lose it. He knows Cookie will always love him, even when he acts this way but with Lucious... it's different.

I agree on Andre.

That family dinner was awesome.

And agree with you on Cookie/Anika.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah I blame Lucious just like when he caught Jamal about to go see Cookie and stops him then badmouths her. With the idea of him producing Jamal's album. Lucious knew Jamal would love that.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Yeah I blame Lucious just like when he caught Jamal about to go see Cookie and stops him then badmouths her. With the idea of him producing Jamal's album. Lucious knew Jamal would love that.

I know... he rolled up and I was like.... ooohhhh brother. lol
I just wish Jamal wasn't falling for his nonsense.

I loved Becky for telling Jamal that he shouldn't be beefing with Cookie... I'd personally tell Lucious to Go F yourself or tell him to "accept my relationship with the only person who's ever been there for me, or I'm out."

Yeah... he's is just like a little puppet right now. lol Lucious just knows what Jamal wants to hear and how to remove him away from his family.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:24 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the discussion thread for this episode.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

The episode was freaking amazing last night. I have to say all the music was on point. I just love the relationship between Hakeem and Cookie. I just wished Jamal would open his eyes and see that Lucious doesn't care about him, that he's only using him. Cookie was the only parent who truly had his back. The only son that Lucious cares about is Hakeem.

Hakeem has always been my favorite, so I'm glad he's really working this season to step up his musical talent, because the boy has it. I like to see that he's not just a rapper, that he can do more. I loved seeing the different sides to his character and I can't wait to see just how far he'll accomplish as the season progresses. I just hope Andre stops begging, because Lucious treats him like crap. I love Cookie, but she gave Andre bad advice. Andre should have just gone with his gut.

I just love Cookie's fashion sense , man can she bring the fierceness.

I loved the flashbacks with a young Lucious and his mother.

~Riverdale~
Old 10-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

Oh I loved this episode. Cookie slaying all the time! She's the Queen

Lucious, someone needs to stop that man and take him down again Valentina (? is that her name).. that little ##### but I disliked her already since the first scene
Old 10-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I think I'm the only one that loves luscious. I know he is a shady thug, but still that's part of his charm. I just love the battle of wills between cookie and luscious and jamal is just like his pappy. Cookie knew and now we're seeing it. Hakeem is growing on me. His little fits just amuze me now.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

I love him but then I hate him. I can't say I totally love him though, I mean, he's interesting but he's a terrible father, and he's been terrible to Cookie but I love seing all the moments when he's good and caring and honest with his family
Old 10-12-2015, 12:22 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickylious (View Post)
I just love Cookie's fashion sense , man can she bring the fierceness.

With a vengeance! She is fierce indeed.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
Oh I loved this episode. Cookie slaying all the time! She's the Queen

Lucious, someone needs to stop that man and take him down again Valentina (? is that her name).. that little ##### but I disliked her already since the first scene
Yeah, that's her name. I think she sounds a whole lot better in a group.

~Riverdale~