Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

EMPIRE Season 1 General Discussion| #1: The introduction of the series that staged a takeover on primetime television.

SEASON 1: General Discussion

Pilot - Lucious Lyon, head of Empire Entertainment, is about to take his company public when he is diagnosed with ALS and is given only three years to live. While keeping his condition secret, he announces to appoint one of his three sons as his successor. Meanwhile, Lucious' ex-wife Cookie is released from prison after 17 years and demands half of Empire, which Lucious refuses. Hakeem, their youngest son, is talented but spoiled. He barely remembers Cookie and resents her. Cookie favors Jamal, their talented middle son, as future boss of Empire, but Lucious has always despised him for his homosexuality and considers it detrimental for his career. Andre, their eldest son, is the Empire CFO. However, he has no musical talent, which Lucious considers a prerequisite to the CEO position. He and his wife Rhonda are both ambitious and plan to turn the rest of the family against each other in order to gain control. Cookie threatens to tell the SEC that her initial investment was drug money and eventually signs a nondisclosure agreement, in exchange for a position as manager for Jamal's career. Bunkie tries to blackmail Lucious, threatening to report murders committed by Lucious previously.

1.02 The Outspoken King - Lucious must defend Empire's IPO launch after controversies arise around one of his artists being involved in a shooting, and Cookie proves to be invaluable by helping Lucious turn a crisis into a triumph. Competition between Lucious and Cookie heats up when Cookie hears of Lucious's plan to stage a huge performance for Hakeem - but not Jamal. Meanwhile, the police begin to investigate Bunkie's murder.

1.03 The Devil Quotes Scripture - The Lyons head to Philadelphia and get a taste of what their life could have been if Lucious hadn't made it big. Lucious promotes Hakeem's new relationship with hip-hop star Tiana, but tensions rise when another woman tries to catch Hakeem's eye.

1.04 False Imposition - Lucious attempts to steal a super-hot, chart-topping artist from his rival at Safe House Records. Meanwhile, Jamal struggles to compose original music and Cookie tries to forge a relationship with her estranged son, Hakeem.

1.05 Dangerous Bonds - Cookie receives an anonymous gift from an admirer that she believes might be a veiled threat from a person from her prison past. Meanwhile, Lucious takes charge of Hakeem's first video shoot.

1.06 Out, Damned Spot - Vernon is caught in the middle of a very sticky situation. Meanwhile,Jamal is rising to stardom, but his newfound drive and ambition might stir up trouble in his relationships. To make matters worse, a mystery woman from the family's past shows up with a huge surprise.

1.07 Our Dancing Days - Tension mounts between Hakeem and Jamal. Meanwhile, Cookie and Anika don't hold anything back when it comes to taking over the company. Anika is sent to Chicago to handle one of the label's star. Lucious attempts to brand Empire Entertainment as a tight-knit, "family-run" company. Jamal warms up to his daughter.

1.08 The Lyon's Roar - Cookie and Camilla face off over Hakeem; Jamal reveals news that surprises everyone.

1.09 Unto the Breach - Cookie uncovers Anika's secret; Lucious must face his rival; the Lyon sons take drastic measures.

1.10 Sins of the Father - Andre starts a musical relationship with Michelle; a woman from Lucious' past comes back into the picture; Hakeem wants to show his father he's an artist and a businessman; Cookie gets ready to state her own agenda.

1.11 Die But Once - Andre's bond with Michelle becomes stronger. Jamal and Lucious form a stronger relationship centered on their music. Hakeem decides to get revenge on Lucious, while trying to figure out what the best move is for his career.

1.12 Who I Am - Lucious reveals good news that surprises his family; Everybody is working together to stop Lucious once and for all.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:15 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting a general discussion thread.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
Thanks for starting a general discussion thread.
No Problemo.
This was a great first season.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this thread.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the first season! The last episode was probably my favorite one

Thanks for starting this thread
Old 10-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

tftnt

It started off kinda slow for me, but by the 3rd episode I was hooked and the rest of the season was very fast paced.

I just hope this season is a good as season 1
Old 10-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

The first episode was okay but then cookie beat hakeem with the broom. I knew i was gonna love her and the show.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

^ hahaha yeah you gotta love her
Old 10-06-2015, 02:51 PM
MST Manager

I remember seeing the promo/sneak peek for this show and almost not watching it.

What in the world!
Old 10-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Same, when I first saw the promo to the series, I thought it wasn't going to be my kind of show... I guess I felt it would have too much music and that was it.

I did watch the first episode and I really wasn't a fan of it so I really stopped watching it for three episodes and then people were keep talking about the show. So I said, okay let me give this another try, so I decided to watch the show again from the beginning and watch the other three episodes on demand and I was hooked.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

same here. I actually watch a show if I like any actor but I never watched anybody of the cast in something different, not even Taraji they all were new to me and I thought there's no reason to start watching because there's no actor I like but now. I love them all
Old 10-07-2015, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
same here. I actually watch a show if I like any actor but I never watched anybody of the cast in something different, not even Taraji they all were new to me and I thought there's no reason to start watching because there's no actor I like but now. I love them all

Well for me I can watch a show if my favorite actor isn't on it. If it's a superhero genre, I most likely will like it. I love fantasy/superhero genre stuff!
Musical shows... not so much, which is why I never got into Glee. Too musical. I also love suspense show.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:29 PM
MST Manager

I knew I would love the music, but I just thought it would not be my type of show, because I usually do not like shows like this, but I watched the first episode, and I was done.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
I remember seeing the promo/sneak peek for this show and almost not watching it.

What in the world!