Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I definitely didn't blame her for walking away - 3.17 showed at several points that she's very confused when it comes to Walter (the scene with Toby near the start, her hallucination, and her getting flustered over it at the end) and now with this, she definitely may have needed to clear her head by being away from him, at least for that night. (Though I did like that she did tell him what was bothering her at the start of the ep rather than continuing to act like everything was fine. To me that shows that she knows he's grown enough that he wouldn't be obnoxious about it, or else she wouldn't have admitted it.)
I think Paige has realized in the last couple of eps that Walter has the ability to be very mature (chess games excepted) and also considerably emotionally sensitive as long as he has the support system he needs to give him confidence in his abilities. Just knowing that Paige is there and knowing that they don't have the tension they once had - allows him to really exercise everything he's learned from her without her needing to prompt or guide him. Maybe because he knows that if he does start to slip, she can give him a subtle signal that will set him right, whereas before, he pretty much felt like he'd been set adrift and he couldn't count on her for anything - not even to let him know when he messes up, much less help him.

~Heidi
Old 03-01-2017, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In that sense, they are definitely moving in the right direction, it's amazing how much progress we've seen in just the past few episodes, after such a shaky first half of the season.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope we get some Waige in the next episode. We've had some good moments in the past few but I'm always wanting more.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Hopefully by the end of the season, they're in a MUCH better place than they have been.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have my fingers crossed.

Realistically this show is not going to go ten years. My guess is it has one or two more after season three. So if they want to explore Waige as a relationship at all, they're going to have to do it soon.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I suspect you're right about the likely endurance of the show. The cases are so bizarre that it's not likely they'll be able to keep it fresh and even modestly believable for much longer than that. Hopefully the show runners will give us good "endings" for both the ships (and any new ones that develop) as well as for the characters.

~Heidi
Old 03-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean to me it stopped being believable back in season two, but I just feel dramas that aren't along the lines of NCIS/cop type shows just don't last as long.

I made a gifset today of Waige in season one, stuff that doesn't get giffed very often.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I hope the show has more seasons than four or five IF they can figure out a way to create a much larger story arc that would successfully prolong the longevity of the show. I would hate for Scorpion to have a short life span. I mean, I understand the reality of the show's situation and plot line, but I feel like Season 3 Part Two (Post Tim) is getting the characters back to where they used to be (a family) pre-Tim, and I think (I hope) the writers have a strong plan for the future of the show, but I guess you can only stretch out a show's lifespan so much before it starts to drag.

ANYWAY, enough about that from me, lol.

I did a thing or two tonight.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Does anyone else just get intense warm fuzzies just seeing this title even though we've seen it hundreds of times?

Old 03-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Loyal Fan

I always smile when I see someone has added to this thread. Waige makes my heart soar like that.

By the way, I wrote another thing tonight.

I don't know why, but lately, I feel like all I can do right now is write Angsty Waige because of how they are on the show this season. :/
Old 03-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I find sometimes being frustrated with something leads to angsty fic, sometimes it leads to fluffy fic. There's not really a rhyme or reason to it for me.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is harder for me to write for a ship when the ship is in the middle of an angsty phase. But sometimes I will come out with something fluffy in the middle of that sort of thing as a sort of backlash. Like if the show won't give me what I want, I'll do it myself.

On the other hand, sometimes when things are looking up for a ship, I find I'm devoid of inspiration.

I do know that I tend to need to watch the show to get in the mood to write for it. It doesn't matter much what episodes I watch - it's like I need to hear the voices in the background to get into their world.

~Heidi
Old 03-11-2017, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
It is harder for me to write for a ship when the ship is in the middle of an angsty phase. But sometimes I will come out with something fluffy in the middle of that sort of thing as a sort of backlash. Like if the show won't give me what I want, I'll do it myself.
Well, based on the existence of IICLOBTW and NFGIG, you know I do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I do know that I tend to need to watch the show to get in the mood to write for it. It doesn't matter much what episodes I watch - it's like I need to hear the voices in the background to get into their world.
I don't always need to watch a show, but I am like this to an extent. Sometimes, just looking at gifs will help me get back into the world I need to write.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hoping for some Waige tonight. Even just them paired odd together on the case would be nice. I know the promo kinda shows them in a group but they almost never all stay together like that.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Especially with The Interloper gone, I wonder if Paige is leaning on Walter for emotional support - or spending more time with him (and Ralph) - just to keep her mind off of things if nothing else.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread