Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2017, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I think he is learning, so if she didn't want to talk about this I'd like to think he'd respect that.
Absolutely. He may not respect any one else's boundaries, but he's demonstrated an amazing sensitivity when Happy needs space. I wonder how much Happy's marriage fiasco factored in to that. Because he was way up in her face about that, and it very nearly derailed them. I don't think we got an obvious moment where he figured out what a jerk he was being, but I really think that must have happened at some point because he really did turn around in terms respecting when she's ready to talk and when she isn't.

~Heidi
Old 02-25-2017, 01:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Once again, I completely disagree. Toby had just found out that the love of his life was married to someone else. Even if you feel Happy was justified in her actions, it doesn't change the fact that she hurt him. He was understandably upset and needed time to cool down. That doesn't make him a jerk.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sure, she hurt him, we've never denied that. But that doesn't change the fact that she told him that she would tell him everything, but she couldn't right then, and he continued to relentlessly badger her about it despite her asking him to stop. That's not respecting her and her hurting him does not give him a free pass to pressure her, especially since he knows how hard sharing things is for her, and he's got much higher EQ than her and can naturally control his emotions much better.

I've felt this way since October. I'm really not going to change my mind so we're probably just gonna have to agree to disagree once again.

Last edited by WeBuiltThePyramids; 02-25-2017 at 03:37 PM
Old 02-25-2017, 06:49 PM
Loyal Fan

This "relentless badgering" you describe all took place less than 24 hours after the proposal and less than 48 hours after a serious head injury and kidnapping. That's a lot for anyone to deal with, even someone with a higher EQ. All I'm saying is that I found Toby's reaction to be completely understandable. Being upset and wanting more information in that situation doesn't make you a disrespectful jerk, it makes you human.

And I wasn't asking anyone to change their mind, I was simply expressing my opinion in response to a previous post.

Last edited by FauxDetective; 02-25-2017 at 10:21 PM
Old 03-21-2017, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how Quintis turned the traditional Best Man and Maid of Honor roles around! I sort of thought Happy might do something like that - but Toby picking Paige surprised me. I think it's totally fitting, though. Paige and Toby have a really great relationship.

I really hope we get lots of follow-up on these wedding plans!

~Heidi
Old 03-22-2017, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually wasn't surprised from either character standpoint - Paige and Toby have a far better relationship than Paige and Happy and Happy is closer to the other guys than to Paige - but what surprised me was the writers actually allowed the characters to do that rather than making them ultimately decide to be traditional.

My favorite Quintis bit in this episode was either Happy's "hey I was gonna ask her you can't do that!" () or Toby waving at her from behind his hat.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I actually wasn't surprised from either character standpoint - Paige and Toby have a far better relationship than Paige and Happy and Happy is closer to the other guys than to Paige - but what surprised me was the writers actually allowed the characters to do that rather than making them ultimately decide to be traditional.

My favorite Quintis bit in this episode was either Happy's "hey I was gonna ask her you can't do that!" () or Toby waving at her from behind his hat.
That was so cute. How many brides have to tell their grooms, "Don't ever electrocute me again!" Without it being a police matter.

~Heidi
Old 03-22-2017, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
That was so cute. How many brides have to tell their grooms, "Don't ever electrocute me again!" Without it being a police matter.
You and I were definitely citing different moments but yes that one was cute too.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You and I were definitely citing different moments but yes that one was cute too.
Oh, I loved the little Quintis competition, too. Even Toby's "You snooze, you lose". I just the fact that Happy made that electrocution comment was funny - and more so because it was Happy's way of letting Toby know she was okay.

~Heidi
Old 04-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

Quote:
I think he is learning, so if she didn't want to talk about this I'd like to think he'd respect that.
I also think he pushes her in a way noone else does/can!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 04-10-2017, 06:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
I also think he pushes her in a way noone else does/can!
Yes, definitely. That's been one of my favorite aspects of their relationship ever since their conversation in Happy's truck in Single Point of Failure.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved them tonight, pulling all that crap on the team.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
Yes, definitely. That's been one of my favorite aspects of their relationship ever since their conversation in Happy's truck in Single Point of Failure.
I think that is part of what I love about them. He is the one who gets her to open up!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 04-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
I think that is part of what I love about them. He is the one who gets her to open up!
Exactly! He brings out a side of Happy that she really doesn't let anyone else see.

Quote:
I loved them tonight, pulling all that crap on the team.
I really liked the Quintis scenes. They feel like best friends again, which is something I really missed in the first half of the season. Unfortunately, that was the best part of a fairly boring episode, as far as I'm concerned, and they showed almost all of it in the sneak peeks.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quintis pulling one over on the team was so funny - and a great return to their old selves. Although Happy doing all those spa things seems a bit of a stretch.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread