Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2017, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I guess we need to change the thread title - Sylvester Dodd, Esq.

~Heidi
Old 10-25-2017, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ha, I guess!

Also HEIDI.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Do we think Sylvester is going to get another case before the big one? He could probably do with some practice and it would be good to see him in court in a situation when the personal stakes weren't quite so high.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
Do we think Sylvester is going to get another case before the big one? He could probably do with some practice and it would be good to see him in court in a situation when the personal stakes weren't quite so high.
That's an interesting idea, except that I think he needs to devote all his energy to planning Cabe's case. Also - I think they mentioned that having passed the bar in Vermont, the only reason he can legally represent Cabe is because it's a Federal case. He wouldn't be able to take a California state case

I won't be surprised if we see more scenes like we did when he intimidated that guy who was trying to detain Toby and Happy. He'll be able to use legalese to confound people who try to get in Scorpion's way.

~Heidi
Old 11-03-2017, 05:21 PM
Absolute Fan

That was a brilliant scene. It's given us a new aspect to Sly's character and more opportunities for him to contribute to cases where, perhaps, maths is not needed so much.

You're right, though, about him needing to devote his time to Cabe's case so he probably wouldn't take on any other clients, unless maybe it was a really simple case. For Cabe's sake I hope his case doesn't actually get as far as going to court, but on the other hand I really want to see Sylvester doing his lawyer thing!
Old 11-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm actually more curious about whether they'll do anything with Sly's legal abilities after Cabe's case is settled. Or will that get dropped much like the Megan Dodd Pediatric Wing?

~Heidi
Old 11-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'm actually more curious about whether they'll do anything with Sly's legal abilities after Cabe's case is settled. Or will that get dropped much like the Megan Dodd Pediatric Wing?
I'm wondering if there will be a tie-in with the Megan Dodd Paediatric Ward and the Qunitis pregnancy storyline? I'm actually thinking about writing a story along these lines, but I don't want it to get usurped by canon.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
I'm wondering if there will be a tie-in with the Megan Dodd Paediatric Ward and the Qunitis pregnancy storyline? I'm actually thinking about writing a story along these lines, but I don't want it to get usurped by canon.
At this point I'm willing for any storyline that ties up that loose end. Although I really don't want a Quintis baby to need the wing!

~Heidi
Old 11-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
At this point I'm willing for any storyline that ties up that loose end. Although I really don't want a Quintis baby to need the wing!
Oh no, I don't want that either! I just thought there might be an opportunity for it to be mentioned at least.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe when the Quintis baby is born healthy and strong, they can make a donation to the wing in appreciation.

~Heidi
Old 11-14-2017, 07:02 AM
Absolute Fan

I really felt for Sylvester in Faire is Foul. He's taken on a huge responsibility by becoming Cabe's lawyer and with his anxiety issues I hope it doesn't push him over the edge. I love how Cabe was so supportive of him, though. In any other lawyer/client relationship it would be Sly supporting Cabe, but Cabe knows he has to be the strong one. Like Cabe, though, I have every faith in Sly that he can come through this and win the case.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Sly is worried yet. He knows he has a good argument, and I don't think it bothers him yet that he's not familiar with court procedure.

Plus, if he compares his own performance with Heywood Jahelpme...

~Heidi
Old 11-16-2017, 03:42 PM
Absolute Fan

He seemed worried to start with, but Cabe was able to reassure him. And is it OK to mention how smart he looked in a suit?
Old 11-16-2017, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He did look nice in the suit. I'm glad he realized that his Super Fun Guy shirt just wouldn't do.

~Heidi
Old 11-17-2017, 03:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
He did look nice in the suit. I'm glad he realized that his Super Fun Guy shirt just wouldn't do.
No, he is taking his responsibility very seriously. I really hope this doesn't put too much strain on him the closer we get to the trial date.