Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Absolute Fan

I've just started rewatching from the Pilot and I'm going to make a few notes, mostly to help me when I'm writing. I'll see if I can untangle this particular conflict of information. You'd think the writers would have their own set of basic notes about how they all met and that kind of thing to avoid continuity errors?

Last edited by Cyclone139; 01-07-2018 at 05:04 PM
Cyclone139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Most shows actually have a member of the writing staff whose job it is to manage continuity. They do usually have a big book (or it's probably on computer now), with all sorts of things cross-referenced. But they still miss things occasionally.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Every show makes occasional continuity mistakes.
One of the most acclaimed comedy series, with a lasting cultural impact, is The Golden Girls. It was broadcast 1985–1992 and won Emmys for outstanding comedy series (1986, 1987), directing (1987), writing (1986), lead actress (Betty White, 1986; Rue McClanahan, 1987; Beatrice Arthur, 1988), and supporting actress (Estelle Getty, 1988).

The Golden Girls had a whole lot of inconsistencies with revising some characters’ history. Numbers, in terms of years (like how old were Dorothy’s adult children vs. the 38 years she and Stan were married), did not line up with what was earlier established in the series.

You have an excellent point, FoxPhile!
Candy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There's a new episode thread, so this one has to be de-topped. But we can keep talking about it!

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread