Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2016, 01:27 AM
Elite Fan

I'm just angry now

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Let me join you then Lets be angry together
Old 06-21-2016, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

But seriously, all that teasing us with visions/illusions/dreams/impostors hurts even more now that we'll never get psychical intimacy or a real heart-to-heart between them before they had to say goodbye.

And many times what they wrote for Vanessa and Dr. Sweet reminded me of the scenes shared by her and Dorian. Laziness, once again.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly It seems they didn't know what to do with it all, at the end.

I am really trying to make peace with the ending, but it's so hard!
Old 06-22-2016, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't want to make peace with it, I want it refilmed with Ethan and Vanessa choosing to fight together those two bastard siblings until there is breath in their lungs.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I want that too! I've read on IMDB that there was a trailer when the season started with a hand emerging from that grave, it seems it was planned for Vanessa to come back. This of course, would've been for the season ending not the series finale! Where is my S4
Old 06-22-2016, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wait, really?! Could that shot have been old footage? I remember last season one of the promos had Mina's hand shooting out of the grave when she appeared in episode 5 or 6.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

No ****ing way! I cannot believe it! Do you have the link to that specific trailer, Ina? Would love to see it again!

My only consolation these past few days are the growing amount of Ethan and Vanessa alternate finale stories, each one more beautiful than the other and infinitely truer to the characters than that sad, sad finale.

I've been writing some stuff myself, but not yet happy as I intended and you would prefer, Ina. They are both about Ethan's life after Vanessa's death.

https://www.fanfiction.net/~twoforatable
Old 06-23-2016, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ina_am (View Post)
I want that too! I've read on IMDB that there was a trailer when the season started with a hand emerging from that grave, it seems it was planned for Vanessa to come back. This of course, would've been for the season ending not the series finale! Where is my S4
I wanna post in this thread but my negativity is too high so I better stay away from it

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

IKR. It's so depressing

The guy who talked about that trailer said that it has been removed and he couldn't find it. I never watched any S3 promo trailers, to avoid spoilers, so I can't say for what exact scene he is talking about. Now I really regret haven't seen these. Anyway... I wish we knew what was the plan for a possible S4

Theda, I'd love to read the story you're preparing! And if you could recommend any Ethanessa stories, I'd be very grateful!
Old 06-23-2016, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

I never saw that and I watched the trailers

Old 06-23-2016, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't say, never seen any of the trailers before the season started
But he seemed very sure of that, who knows...

wouldst thou like to live deliciously?
Old 06-23-2016, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've watched the trailers, but I have a crappy memory, soooo.

I'm still so confused. Even by the fact that Vanessa said "I accept myself" and was planning her own death soon after, but all it took was getting a bite from Dracula and she became the Mother of Evil.

And Eva talks about her character and Ethan's as meant to be, yet their time truly together was so short. What would have happened if he never left, would she have made the same choices at the end?

I know I should let it go, but I CAN'T.

Theda, link us to all the things!
Old 06-23-2016, 06:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ina, visit archiveofourown.org's Penny Dreadful section (TV shows) and you'll find tons of excellent ones. I really recommed ScorpionMother (she's also a great friend of mine who I met through fanfic writing for PD) and Su_Abeille's stories. You will love them for sure! I would suggest some of mine, but either they're a bit old or I'm too evil and naughty and abandoned them. I do have some one-shots though if you would like to read.

Ethanessa Fanfiction Links:

Penny Dreadful (TV) - Works | Archive of Our Own (The PD Homepage)

our demons make us who we are - Iverna - Penny Dreadful (TV) [Archive of Our Own] (This one's gorgeous, read it yesterday!)

The Blessed Light - Jean Genie (Su_Abeille) - Penny Dreadful (TV) [Archive of Our Own] (This one is so, so good it made me cry... of joy)

Jean Genie | Archive of Our Own (Su_Abeille's profile because she is just too damn good of a writer)

ScorpionMother's profile: scorpionmother | Archive of Our Own

https://www.fanfiction.net/~twoforatable
Old 06-24-2016, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks so much for the links and recommendations, Theda Going to read these during the weekend! So exciting! :needssomehappyethanessa: (and your Vanessa icon I loved that scene, so pretty Miss Ives).

I too wish Ethan never left in S2! But I guess the plan for S3 was to find out about his past and to end the season with their reunion, so to build up for S4. It's a shame what finally happened. (Fran, let's never let it go )