Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
mmm yea, trying to break out in the music business and then it's not working out for him.
Yeah. Could be the drink, too. He does like his drink. I get the feeling he's washed-out at this point.

I like the guitar-playing at the end. Just wish he'd burn that hat!
Old 07-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You really dont like the hat...

I love the hat at the end of the movie...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 07-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Addicted Fan

So I finally got around to watching this. I've been feeling like a bad Colin fan because I haven't seen the majority of his projects. Slowly working on changing that and this was at the head of the list. Mainly because it takes place in Nashville and I've been living there for about 6 years now. I love it. It's such a wonderful city, especially if you love music as much as I do. So I was prepared to like this if only because of Colin and Nashville. But I ended up liking it a lot!

I started writing my review and realized I have more thoughts about it than I thought I did. Way more. I'm actually thinking about doing a full review on my blog.

But a quick(ish) recap:
- This was my introduction to Kristen and I thought she was good. Great voice, great chemistry with Colin and she made me like a character that I so easily could have hated.
- I absolutely love the way they depicted Nashville. It felt like the city was a character in its own right and reminded me of why I fell in love with it in the first place.
- Watching this brought back all kinds of memories since I've been to most of the places shown. A lot of this was filmed about 15 minutes from my house. Not that I knew it at the time.
- The city looks a lot better with Colin in it!
- If I'm not mistaken, my dad (who decided to get back into songwriting after retiring a few years ago) did an open mic at the club Brennan's singing at at the end a few months ago.
- There was a part of me that wondered if I really liked Colin in general or do I just love Hook and think Colin's hot? I got my answer. I am definitely a fan of Colin in general! I thought he did an incredible job.
- We've seen so many different sides of Hook on OUAT and I wondered if Brennan would feel like a version of one of them. But he didn't. In fact, he didn't make me think of Hook at all!
- Colin does a solid American accent.
- Can Colin just sing everything all the time? Because I love his voice. Which I knew, but this confirmed.
Yeah...you could say I liked it...
Old 07-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like the hat too, Chris

Quote:
I get the feeling he's washed-out at this point.
So sad to be washed out at 35.

Quote:
So I finally got around to watching this.

Quote:
I've been feeling like a bad Colin fan because I haven't seen the majority of his projects. Slowly working on changing that
It's okay if it takes time. Life comes up.

Quote:
Mainly because it takes place in Nashville and I've been living there for about 6 years now. I love it. It's such a wonderful city, especially if you love music as much as I do. So I was prepared to like this if only because of Colin and Nashville. But I ended up liking it a lot!
Quote:
Watching this brought back all kinds of memories since I've been to most of the places shown. A lot of this was filmed about 15 minutes from my house. Not that I knew it at the time.
that you weren't able to meet Colin when he was in town

Glad you ended up enjoying it. How'd you feel about Nora and Brennan's relationship?
Old 07-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
that you weren't able to meet Colin when he was in town

Glad you ended up enjoying it. How'd you feel about Nora and Brennan's relationship?
I know.

I'm curious to know what he thought of the city while he was here.

Their relationship in a word? Toxic. I did think that they did genuinely care about each other, him more so, but I didn't think they were good for each other. Though honestly, I thought Nora was too much of a mess to be in any kind of relationship. I liked that he did end up staying in Nashville after she left, like maybe this was his happy ending and not her. Though I guess she pushed him towards it. It'd be interesting to see if they'd work any better once she worked through her issues, if she ever did. I'm inclined to think it still wouldn't, but who knows? like that they went with an ambiguous ending.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the review! It's interesting that you saw chemistry in their relationship, as I really didn't. It's awesome that it was filmed in your home town!

I agree they had a toxic relationship, I'd like to add the massive drinking sprees didn't help.

Did you like the sex scene? There are mixed opinions about that on here.

Quote:
You really dont like the hat...
I really don't, sorry.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm curious to know what he thought of the city while he was here.
I remember reading somewhere that he liked it very much.

Quote:
Their relationship in a word? Toxic. I did think that they did genuinely care about each other, him more so, but I didn't think they were good for each other. Though honestly, I thought Nora was too much of a mess to be in any kind of relationship. I liked that he did end up staying in Nashville after she left, like maybe this was his happy ending and not her. Though I guess she pushed him towards it. It'd be interesting to see if they'd work any better once she worked through her issues, if she ever did. I'm inclined to think it still wouldn't, but who knows? like that they went with an ambiguous ending.
I agree with all this. If Brennan stuck with Nora, he'd probably be dead by 50 of cirrhosis of the liver.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I really don't, sorry.
Thats okay...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 07-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's a self destructing relationship
Old 07-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, it really was...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 07-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Addicted Fan

I hope Colin did like it here! Maybe he'll come back someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
Thanks for the review! It's interesting that you saw chemistry in their relationship, as I really didn't. It's awesome that it was filmed in your home town!

I agree they had a toxic relationship, I'd like to add the massive drinking sprees didn't help.

In thinking about it, I think great wasn't the best word choice. I did think they had chemistry though. I guess it goes to show that chemistry really is subjective.

I'll be honest and admit that there was a point where I thought she was going to be rushed to the hospital for alcohol poisoning or something. Especially when they're at the Parthenon and he asked her if she was trying to kill his liver. It certainly seemed like she was!

I'm not sure how I feel about the sex scene, actually. I thought the editing was kind of weird. Maybe not the best place to have sex either.

Last edited by fallinrain; 07-10-2017 at 07:52 PM Reason: To fix a typo
Old 07-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm not sure how I feel about the sex scene, actually. I thought the editing was kind of weird. Maybe not the best place to have sex either.
people have had sex in weirder spots.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Addicted Fan

That gif.

And good point.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallinrain (View Post)

I thought the editing of the whole film was weird! I think the editing was one thing that put me off the film tbf. I found it very hard to follow as it kept jumping forwards and backwards in time. I got so lost by the end I couldn't work out if the couple were still together or not. I even watched the last couple of scenes twice and still couldn't work out what had happened!

I think I may have liked it better if it wasn't like that. But then there are other things direction-wise I didn't like either... Not really my kind of film.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Would people be up for a Dust Storm watch-a-long?