Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2022, 05:14 PM
I am a basketball genius!

My XBOX 360's tray is stuck. It won't open. Anyway, thankfully many XBOX360 games are available on the XBOX One. I do also have my PS3, but it's hard drive is not near as big that my 2 are for an XBOX 360. Have you had issues such as that with an XBOX 360?

Last edited by canflam; 04-21-2022 at 01:21 PM
Old 04-21-2022, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Not where the tray didn't open but I bought a new 360 almost every year when the special editions came out.
Old 05-25-2022, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Sniper Elite 5 is on GamePass, so that's made my day.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 05-27-2022, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

That would make me play my xbox. Been over 2 months since it's been powered on!
Old 05-27-2022, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Probably the same for mine, unless I'm casting Fite to it.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 05-27-2022, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

WHat's Fite?
Old 05-27-2022, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

It's a sports app; I use it for watching AEW.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 05-27-2022, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

ahhhh, right on
Old 06-11-2023, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Wow, it has been over a year since we posted on this Xbox thread, lol.

Did anyone see their showcase?

I was let down by the Fable video because I wanted more concrete game information after how long ago it was announced.

I am thrilled about them finally giving a date to Forza Motorsport!! I will buy an Xbox because of that.

Also, that open world Star wars game has my interest.

Anyone else has an opinion?

Oh, I was also bummed no Gears 6 announcement.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

Star wars could be cool but i dont trust ubisoft open worlds after Valhalla. Fable being a bunch of CGI shots with no gameplay was hilarious. Persona 3 remake was the best announcement imo. Starfield looks cool but bethesda is the king of over promising. Overall it was a good showcase but a lot of their heavy hitters just have vague dates of 2024 or beyond. i 100 percent support games taking their time so theyre finished at launch but dont show something off until its ready.

Last edited by Subject87; 06-12-2023 at 05:32 AM
Old 06-12-2023, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I also wanna see a game not rushed. The worst thing you can do is give a release date and then ahve to push it back. Very rarely are games that are delayed good. I felt overall underwhelmed with Xbox. Playstation has had some of the best and heaviest hitters in gaming lately and Xbox just seems to be like...."we can make a better game" and now 2 or 3 years in a row they are empty handed. There are no big xbox exclusives that are making people buy a console. Forza is that for me but I would feel better about reinvesting in Xbox if a Gears was coming
Old 07-18-2023, 01:16 PM

There is some XBOX Live news this week. XBOX Game Pass Core will reportedly replace XBOX Live Gold this September. There is also a large game sale on XBOX Live currently that will have ended on the final day of this month.

Last edited by canflam; 07-18-2023 at 01:27 PM
Old 07-18-2023, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

sounds like the lower tiers that people are used to paying top dollar for will only have a few games. Sounds like you gotta pay and arm and a leg to get more. Just like Playstation. Almost 50 bucks a month for nothing.
Old 07-18-2023, 05:13 PM

Here is more on this: End of an Era as Microsoft Replaces Xbox Live Gold With Game Pass Core

Microsoft has announced the upcoming end of Xbox Live Gold, over 20 years after it first launched.

Xbox Live Gold ends September 14 and will be replaced by Game Pass Core, which Microsoft described as “an evolution” of Xbox Live Gold. Core includes access to online console multiplayer and gives subscribers a collection of over 25 games to play on Xbox Series X and S and Xbox One for $9.99 a month or $59.99 a year.

Xbox Live launched first on the original Xbox on November 15, 2002, and was popularised by the online multiplayer portion Halo 2. The Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox Series X and S all used the platform.

The Games with Gold promotion launched for Xbox 360 in July 2013. This gave Xbox Live Gold subscribers a handful of games each month - a once hugely popular bonus that has become the subject of ridicule due to the low profile of the free titles.

Here’s how it all works: at launch on September 14, Xbox Live Gold members automatically become Game Pass Core members. With the introduction of Game Pass Core, Games with Gold comes to an end on September 1. Here’s the list of Core games at launch:

Among Us
Descenders
Dishonored 2
Doom Eternal
Fable Anniversary
Fallout 4
Fallout 76
Forza Horizon 4
Gears 5
Grounded
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo Wars 2
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Human Fall Flat
Inside
Ori & The Will of the Wisps
Psychonauts 2
State of Decay 2
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

Microsoft said it will announce more Core games ahead of September 14, and new games will be added two or three times a year.

Players can continue to access any Xbox One games they previously redeemed through Games with Gold if they remain a Game Pass Ultimate or Game Pass Core member, Microsoft clarified. Regardless of subscription status, any Xbox 360 titles redeemed via Games with Gold in the past will be kept in a player’s library.

“With this evolution, we're saying farewell to Games with Gold,” Jerret West, CVP, Gaming Marketing, said in a post on Xbox Wire. “We wanted to use this opportunity to re-imagine how to include content with this subscription. We found that the answer to the most compelling catalog was to leverage select titles from our Xbox Game Pass catalog.

“Thank you to everyone who has been with us since the early days, joined along the way with friends, and now with us in Xbox Game Pass. I’m proud and humbled by the stories we hear about online teammates becoming real-life friends after years playing, or even marriages whose initial spark was ignited in a pre-match lobby. We can’t wait to hear more from the community when it launches on September 14th, and we’ll see you online!”

With the launch of Game Pass Core, Game Pass has four distinct offerings: Core ($9.99 a month); Console ($10.99 a month); PC ($9.99 a month); and Ultimate ($16.99 a month).

As before, Console Game Pass does not include access to online console multiplayer. Free-to-play online multiplayer games did not require an Xbox Live Gold subscription before, and do not require a Core subscription now.

Earlier this month, Game Pass got its first price rise since its original launch six years ago. Xbox Game Pass rose by a dollar, from $9.99 to $10.99 monthly (Core now takes the $9.99 price tag). Ultimate rose two dollars to $16.99 a month. PC Game Pass remained $9.99 a month.

The price rise and now this launch of Game Pass Core come after Xbox boss Phil Spencer's admission Game Pass growth is slowing and has the potential to cannibalize sales. Game Pass has been under the microscope since its inception, with Xbox trumpeting it as a new distribution paradigm and PlayStation boss Jim Ryan claiming publishers don't like it. Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick isn’t a fan, either, which sets up an interesting debate now Microsoft is set to seal its $69 billion buyout of the Call of Duty maker.

https://www.ign.com/articles/end-of-...game-pass-core
Old 07-18-2023, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

So that is directly in line with what Playstation is charging for their tiers of PS Plus. I respect that and that's agreeable pricing.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread