Old 05-06-2020, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Guys, Robocop is being added! i’m getting back into this game right now
Old 05-07-2020, 02:11 AM
Total Fan

I loved MKX but decided to pass on this one because of the microtransactions and RNG grinding.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori (View Post)
I loved MKX but decided to pass on this one because of the microtransactions and RNG grinding.
what’s RNG?
Old 05-08-2020, 01:14 AM
Total Fan

Random number generator.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

yeah the krypt is something that has no place in thegame. i’m all about grinding by fighting to earn stuff. but still...Robocop is badass!
Old 08-01-2020, 10:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I don't even bother with the krypt. lol
Old 08-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

When I played Mortal Kombat Deception and Armageddon I had so much fun unlocking everything in the Krypt lol. I still didn't care for unlocking characters in the Krypt that you could always play as for years, but I liked unlocking all the other stuff like videos, BTS things, trailers, etc.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I enjoyed those games
Old 11-16-2020, 08:01 AM
Total Fan

I'm mildly excited for the upcoming MK movie reboot, but I have mixed feelings about the cast.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293429/
Ludi Lin as Liu Kang
Max Huang as Kung Lao
Jessica McNamee as Sonya Blade
Mehcad Brooks as Jax Briggs
Joe Taslim as Bi-Han / Sub-Zero
Hiroyuki Sanada as Scorpion
Tadanobu Asano as Raiden
Chin Han as Shang Tsung
Josh Lawson as Kano
Sisi Stringer as Mileena
Elissa Cadwell as Nitara
Lewis Tan as ???
Matilda Kimber as ???

Ludi Lin's cool.
Max Huang has a decent list of acting and stunt credits.
Jessica McNamee doesn't seem to have any martial arts background as far as I can tell, hope she can pull it off. Personally I would've went with Katheryn Winnick, a.k.a. Lagertha from Vikings, who is a black belt in taekwondo.
Mehcad Brooks has some athletic background and there are pictures of him with a moustache looking absolutely ripped. I think keeping Michael Jai White from MK Legacy would've been better, he has an extensive list of martial arts credentials. But we'll see.
Joe Taslim. The Raid. Nuff said.
Hiroyuki Sanada is a living legend. But... the man is 60, and 5'6", not how I imagine Scorpion. If I had to choose somebody, Rich Ting from Warrior on Cinemax comes to mind.
Chin Han I'm sure will at least be passable, but if there's one person they could get away with reusing from the original movie like Marvel Studios did with J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson, it would be Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung, that guy owned this role. "Your soul will be mine!"
Sisi Stringer only has three acting credits on IMDb and no martial arts background from what I can see. Really hope she pulls it off. I would've gone with Elodie Yung, she's a black belt in karate and her version of Elektra in the Daredevil show reminded me of Mileena a lot.
Don't see anything about Johnny Cage. Scott Adkins would be my pick. Yuri Boyka himself! His guyver kick in Undisputed II is jaw-dropping.

The director, Simon McQuoid, is a first-timer whose only other credit is a short from seven years ago. James Wan is producing, why isn't he directing? Aquaman proved he can handle this kind of movie.

Last edited by Mori; 11-16-2020 at 08:19 AM
Old 11-16-2020, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Excellent! I can’t wait for this movie
Old 01-16-2021, 09:35 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
In “Mortal Kombat,” MMA fighter Cole Young, accustomed to taking a beating for money, is unaware of his heritage—or why Outworld's Emperor Shang Tsung has sent his best warrior, Sub-Zero, an otherworldly Cryomancer, to hunt Cole down. Fearing for his family's safety, Cole goes in search of Sonya Blade at the direction of Jax, a Special Forces Major who bears the same strange dragon marking Cole was born with. Soon, he finds himself at the temple of Lord Raiden, an Elder God and the protector of Earthrealm, who grants sanctuary to those who bear the mark. Here, Cole trains with experienced warriors Liu Kang, Kung Lao and rogue mercenary Kano, as he prepares to stand with Earth’s greatest champions against the enemies of Outworld in a high stakes battle for the universe. But will Cole be pushed hard enough to unlock his arcana—the immense power from within his soul—in time to save not only his family, but to stop Outworld once and for all?
Old 01-16-2021, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

i’m so pumped for that! and it’s coming quicker than we thought! within a 30 day period in March/April we get Godzilla vs Kong and Mortal Kombat! heck yes!
Old 01-16-2021, 09:36 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

The pictures look good. I guess this is a reboot and not connected to the other two MK films.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

can’t wait for a trailer
Old 01-21-2021, 08:44 PM
Total Fan

Already a lot of fan theories flying around about Cole Young possibly being Kuai Liang, or another existing MK character.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread