Old 03-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He really is a handsome guy...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 03-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
like the one he had in outlander
Which one? The one in Season 2 when he got out of the Bastille?
Or in Season 3 when he was living in the cave?
Old 03-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Living in the cave
Old 03-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Here are a few deleted and extended scenes from the third season of Outlander.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Living in the cave

and oooh some goodies, i need to Watch when i get home, thanks for this
Old 03-13-2018, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for posting those clips!
Old 03-13-2018, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the videos...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 03-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's a shame seeing scenes from the book cut and yet somehow the season was still boring.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It's a shame seeing scenes from the book cut and yet somehow the season was still boring.
I enjoyed the third season a lot. I was rarely bored. But I do agree with you regarding these cuts. Actually, they address a lot of criticisms that some people had. For example, Jamie lays out pretty clearly why he initially objects to Fergus' marriage to Marsali. That was something that confused some people. I liked seeing him pray for Claire and Bree, and the implication that Claire senses it two centuries away. I liked the scenes where he told Claire more about Willie and that situation. Yes, we figured he'd told her off-screen at some point. But it would have been nice to see.I think there were a few scenes that I'd rather have cut so that we could keep these.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

As a reader of the books, who finds the books boring after book 2, I thought they would have compacted the episodes down a bit more. Like the first 5 episodes, for me, were very dull, but then time seemed to move slow in 6-13 too.

As you said, they did do some cuts, like the whole him telling her, but the audience didn't need to see it when we'd already watched some very slow and boring episodes about it. I just wish they'd had this idea with the rest of the series.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That bad...?
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 03-14-2018, 05:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
As a reader of the books, who finds the books boring after book 2, I thought they would have compacted the episodes down a bit more. Like the first 5 episodes, for me, were very dull, but then time seemed to move slow in 6-13 too.

As you said, they did do some cuts, like the whole him telling her, but the audience didn't need to see it when we'd already watched some very slow and boring episodes about it. I just wish they'd had this idea with the rest of the series.
Well, I guess it's just a matter of taste because I like the books after #2 as well.

On the show, I thought there were parts where they could have compacted the episodes. For example, I don't think we needed to see Claire looking for Jamie unsuccessfully in Scotland in episode 4. Jamie's storyline in that episode (at Helwater) was enough to sustain interest. They could have checked in with Claire only once or twice and not lost much. Or in episode 11, we didn't need to see Claire wandering around the island when she washed ashore. We can assume that she did that for a while without seeing 15 minutes of it! If they cut some of that kind of stuff and included some stuff they did cut, the storytelling would have been tighter IMO.

That said they're doing a good job (again, IMO!) of condensing a 1000 page book into 13 hour long episodes, each with its own narrative arc. I might make some different choices here and there, but overall I'm pretty impressed with what's been done.

Last edited by jane smith; 03-14-2018 at 07:13 PM
Old 03-14-2018, 06:40 PM
Extreme Fan

As someone who has not read the books, I was surprised by the first five episodes of Season 3. Claire was so diminished that it was disturbing. But it made their reunion more powerful for me. I didn't find the season boring at all. Of course, I don't have the book for comparison.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkDundee (View Post)
As someone who has not read the books, I was surprised by the first five episodes of Season 3. Claire was so diminished that it was disturbing. But it made their reunion more powerful for me. I didn't find the season boring at all. Of course, I don't have the book for comparison.
I think it's really interesting to get the perspective of people who haven't read the books and are seeing everything fresh. Thanks for sharing!