Old 07-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Are we ready for the finale tomorrow??
Old 07-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am, nervous too. Such a long break after
Old 07-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not gonna lie...this season was all over the place to me. Some eps I liked, others I didn't, and the ending so far has seemed pretty dragged out.

(I guess talking about Outlander in the OT thread is...off topic for the thread? )
Old 07-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Same here and I admit that I prefer the first season more than this one bec I feel like this season was kind of all over the place like I feel so underwhelming like why I care for..

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 07-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

I got kind of bored when they returned to Scotland. I love Fergus though.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Same.. And honestly, I think this season, it wasn't very memorable for me..

Old 07-09-2016, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to be honest and admit that maybe that's why I haven't really caught up yet.

I'm so freaking busy with kids and their school.
But I do have a free hour here and there. But somewhere half-way through and episode (I think it was 7 or 8) the website quit working and I couldn't watch anymore. And that's where I kinda gave up
I'm going to binge it somewhere through hiatus. It just didn't grasp me in the sense that I want to catch up Right Now.
Which is really too bad because Season 1 it became really one of my favorite shows and I was so excited for it to return and to be able to discuss with everyone.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

The one positive for me was a decrease in the nudity and sex. I'm not a huge fan of either and honestly the finale for season 1 was awful for me. I've told my friends who've read the books to just skip it and go straight to season 2.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ about the nudity and sex..

I will watch the finale tomorrow since i'm so tired to watch.. But I read the book 2 and I just wonder that maybe it can be work if they can go back and forth, but again, it just not working.. Sigh..

Old 07-10-2016, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
The one positive for me was a decrease in the nudity and sex. I'm not a huge fan of either and honestly the finale for season 1 was awful for me. I've told my friends who've read the books to just skip it and go straight to season 2.
I'm with you on that. I'm not a big fan of nudity and sex either and I actually stopped reading the first book because of it.
Later on when I picked it back up I just skipped all sex.
I do have to say though, I do feel that most of the sex scenes have a meaning though. They're not there just to have sex scenes.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I'm not a big fan of sex scenes either and yet media outlets frequently point out that an important part of the show/books' success comes from them

Author of ISBN
Old 07-14-2016, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm happy about the nudity and sex. Me and mom had to stop watching S1 together. Now we watch S2 easily, or rather did. It's finished now
Old 07-14-2016, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I'm not a big fan of sex scenes either and yet media outlets frequently point out that an important part of the show/books' success comes from them
I disagree with their assessment. I watch those things in SPITE of the sex and nudity, and I know a lot of people who feel the same. The quality of the story and the way it's filmed as if it's a movie are what draws a lot of people. You can get the same points across without sex and nudity. Other cable shows get along just fine without it. We're all adults, so we know when characters are having sex without actually watching it happen.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I guess media outlets tend to thrive on scandal so that's why they must be focusing on that aspect

Author of ISBN