Fan Forum Hero

I am loving the episode. But still no Jess

she comes soon I hope!
Old 10-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

She was only in it briefly! But it was still enjoyable

The crew better get off that night shift asap.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeahh it was so brief!!

now more in New Girl

This episode was o fun guys. I laughed a lot
Old 10-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Loved the New Girl ep with the B99 cast! Well done
Old 10-12-2016, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

The night shift sucks so bad! Everyone's in a bad mood. And low Hank being inspirational was unexpected They better get the day shift back. "Night boys" is not working out so well.

Kudos to the Stranger Things shout out with Jake's comment on "the Upside Down" And no one liked the blonde tips either!

Only saw Jess towards the end of the episode, and her and Jake have good chemistry. She definitely wasn't a fan of New York All that work she went through to get that soup for Schmidt!

Last edited by *Dark_Angel*; 10-12-2016 at 05:51 AM
*Dark_Angel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:48 AM
Addicted Fan

The bit at the end where Jake bought a present for Nikolaj was cute.
pio231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Nikolaj is the cutest!!

About the episode, it was a pretty decent b99 episode, but it wasn't the funniest.

TBH, for me the crossover kinda fell flat. In my ****ty opinion they should have gone the extra mile and really crossover it. Let me know what you guys thought, but I felt like I watched an episode of b99 with a special guest on it and that's it. I didn't feel involved or connected with the New Girl story line whatsoever and the opposite was true watching the New Girl episode.

I guess they shouldn't have done the parallel storylines that never met but instead made these people interact with eachother and explore that. Make it an one hour Brooklyn Nine-Nine/New Girl episode, not half hour of a little bit of NG on Brooklyn and another half hour of a little bit of B99 on New Girl.

Also, I don't watch New Girl so I can't tell, but for b99 this wasn't even close to being one of the funniest episodes of the show and it just feels like such a wasted opportunity. Idk, guys.. I'm kinda disappointed with this crossover, it didn't feel genuine at all for me.

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

tumblr | ao3 | youtube | visit b99
DanicaShipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Judging by the early ratings it wasn't a great experiment sigh.

They should have done more with it, yeah. I saw someone say you can kind of tell it was network interference that made this thing happen, it wasn't like spontaneous lol. Shame.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

So was it not what everyone expected?

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaShipper (View Post)

I guess they shouldn't have done the parallel storylines that never met but instead made these people interact with eachother and explore that. Make it an one hour Brooklyn Nine-Nine/New Girl episode, not half hour of a little bit of NG on Brooklyn and another half hour of a little bit of B99 on New Girl.
I was expecting it to be more of an actual 1 hour full-on crossover between all the cast members with an actual connected storyline too. Similar to what Arrow/The Flash does. It was fun to watch, nonetheless but I definitely expected more than just a little insert of the characters from either show into random scenes.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

/\ Exactly!

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

tumblr | ao3 | youtube | visit b99
DanicaShipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:14 PM
Loyal Fan

There was an article that said Jess was the only New Girl character in the B99 episode and that Holt, Charles, Jake, and Gina were the only B99 characters in the New Girl episode so I expected that going into the episode, even though I was disappointed that the other characters weren't crossing over. After watching the episodes though, the crossover felt very half-hearted.

From reading the episode description, I assumed that Jess was going to play a big part in Jake's main storyline, instead of that tiny cameo that she had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofutti (View Post)
Judging by the early ratings it wasn't a great experiment sigh.

They should have done more with it, yeah. I saw someone say you can kind of tell it was network interference that made this thing happen, it wasn't like spontaneous lol. Shame.
When the date of the crossover was announced I saw some people say that Fox scheduled the crossover where it did in order to to try to compete with ABC's comedy block premiering. After seeing the lack of effort to do a real crossover, it is pretty obvious that this is the only reason they wanted to do it. I am disappointed that the crossover promotion didn't do anything for the ratings though.

Putting aside my disappointment with the crossover aspect, I did enjoy a lot of this episode. Love Amy/Rosa's friendship and Nikolaj is so adorable. Jake accepting that things were different in Charles' life and trying to bond with Nikolaj was good character development.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvgirl94 (View Post)

When the date of the crossover was announced I saw some people say that Fox scheduled the crossover where it did in order to to try to compete with ABC's comedy block premiering. After seeing the lack of effort to do a real crossover, it is pretty obvious that this is the only reason they wanted to do it. I am disappointed that the crossover promotion didn't do anything for the ratings though.
Yea if that was their strategy, a lot more could have been done with the storyline. Maybe the writers got too short of a notice and just inserted the characters in there

I do hope they try this again but do a better job at it.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Ugh and that was with some promotion too...I'm worried about regular nights now up against the ABC comedies.

@FOX move the show back to Sunday pleassssee