Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2016, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

4x01 - SEASON PREMIERE "Coral Palms Pt.1" Episode Discussion (September 20th)

Coral Palms Pt.1 (4x01)
Episode Discussion

September 20th, 8:00p on FOX

JAKE AND HOLT TAKE FLORIDA ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON FOUR PREMIERE OF “BROOKLYN NINE-NINE” TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, ON FOX

Maya Rudolph (“Maya and Marty”), Rhea Perlman (“The Mindy Project”) and Jorma Taccone (“Popstar”) Guest-Star

Jake and Holt remain in Florida, adjusting to their new lives under the Witness Protection Program, while Jimmy “The Butcher” Figgis is still on the loose. Their one human link to their regular lives is U.S. Marshall Karen Haas (guest star Maya Rudolph, “Maya and Marty”), but their anonymity may be in danger when a video of them goes viral in the all-new “Coral Palms Pt.1” Season Premiere episode of BROOKLYN NINE-NINE airing Tuesday, Sept. 20 (8:00-8:31 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BRK-401) (TV-14; D, L, V) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Cast: Andy Samberg as Det. Jake Peralta; Andre Braugher as Capt. Ray Holt; Terry Crews as Sgt. Terry Jeffords; Melissa Fumero as Det. Amy Santiago; Joe Lo Truglio as Det. Charles Boyle; Stephanie Beatriz as Det. Rosa Diaz; Chelsea Peretti as Gina Linetti; Dirk Blocker as Det. Hitchcock; Joel McKinnon Miller as Det. Scully

Guest Cast: Maya Rudolph as U.S. Marshal Karen Haas; Rhea Perlman as Estelle; Betsy Sodaro as Jordan Carfton; Jorma Taccone as Taylor; Georgie Guinane as Carly; Susan Berger as Ruth; Billy Ray Gallion as Hestus; Algerita Wynn as Judy-Jill Lenda

Last edited by *Dark_Angel*; 09-18-2016 at 08:32 AM
*Dark_Angel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

TFTNT Jade!

I'm so excited. Rhea, Jorma, Maya...can I contain myself?
Old 09-18-2016, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Your welcome! This will be one epic season premiere
Old 09-20-2016, 05:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

So glad that this show back and I really love their banters.. Plus I love how the boss tho that he's stone, but that's his personality on how he always being serious..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Ah I've missed this show so much!

I didn't realize it would be only one storyline but I guess they need to establish everything with them in Florida. The guest stars were fun.

Jake missing Amy

Holt was a real standout...just being completely extra. I was kind of surprised Jake switched the phones but I really shouldn't have been! He was really taken aback by Holt and in a more mature way too, idk it seemed really different for him! (Not in a bad way at all)

I'm glad they're finally getting things started to go home. (Finally as in, it's been 6 months for them so come on guys )
Old 09-20-2016, 06:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, agree.. Honestly, I tho that we will see everyone, but it made sense why we can see why they were there..

I jsut miss, but did they say how long they were in the Florida?

is that what you want?

Old 09-20-2016, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

Hey, guys!! So, today is a holiday here so I could watch the show live (I have night classes on Tuesdays this semester ) and it was AMAZING!!

I was missing them more than I thought I was.. and still missing the rest of the gang. But really funny episode, with great guest stars. It made me really excited to see where this arc is going.

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

tumblr | ao3 | youtube | visit b99
DanicaShipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

Great season opener. It's actually the first time the show has done an episode like this.. focusing on one storyline only without featuring the other main cast members. Not going to lie, I miss seeing everyone else!!

But I love the Greg/Larry storyline and seeing Jake and Holt struggle in their own way on how to be a different persona for 6 months!
Old 09-20-2016, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wonderful season premiere.

Although I must admit that it did highlight just how much B99 really is an ensemble show. Holt is my favorite character, and I really like Jake too but I missed everyone else so much. I hope they reunite with the team soon, I love all of them.

Holt's "she was such a strong female woman…with nice heavy breasts” killed me.

And Maya = Amazing as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
I jsut miss, but did they say how long they were in the Florida?
I'm pretty sure they did mention it was six months but I don't remember when. It was mentioned that Holt had been working @ the Fun Zone for 4 months though.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Our shows are back!!
Old 09-21-2016, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought focussing only on one storyline was a gamble that had paid off. It really sent it home that Jake and Holt were cut off from their lives.

I only hope that the scene with Jake cry-eating the burrito becomes a reaction meme, if it doesn't I'll lose faith in humanity.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

I love Maya since it was funny when they talk overlapped bec of the loud engine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
I'm pretty sure they did mention it was six months but I don't remember when. It was mentioned that Holt had been working @ the Fun Zone for 4 months though.
Thanks!

is that what you want?

Old 09-22-2016, 04:57 AM
Elite Fan

Maya is always amazing. She must really like "Failure To Launch" I hope to see more of her on the show
Old 09-22-2016, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

loved it.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I really liked seeing Jorma too. I don't even know if he'll be in the next 2 episodes, I hope so!