Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2015, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Out Of Time [1.15] - Episode Discussion [March 17th, 2015]

[1.15] OUT OF TIME
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ LIAM MCINTYRE GUEST STARS AS THE WEATHER WIZARD; CISCO REALIZES DR. WELLS IS HIDING SOMETHING ϟ
Mark Mardon aka The Weather Wizard (guest star Liam McIntyre) appears in Central City intent on avenging his brother Clyde’s death, and sets his sights on Joe (Jesse L. Martin), who shot Clyde. When Mardon attacks Joe and Barry (Grant Gustin), Barry is able to super-speed them to safety but Mardon gets away. Barry warns Joe not to go after a meta-human alone but Joe doesn’t listen and ends up in grave danger. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) looks into the night the team captured the Reverse Flash and realizes something doesn’t add up and begins to wonder whether Joe was right about Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh). Barry and Linda (guest star Malese Jow) end up on an awkward double date with Eddie (Rick Cosnett) and Iris (Candice Patton).
Thor Freudenthal directed the episode written by Todd Helbing & Aaron Helbing (#115).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 03-17-2015, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode was epic. If this is how they return, I can't wait for season finale.

Aww Barry, man you time travelled!!

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 03-17-2015, 06:11 PM
Total Fan

- Sooo… that impromptu double date wasn't awkward at all

- How does Joe recognize Mark Mardon's voice? When did the two of them ever sit down and chat?

- "You're asking your adoptive father…" Um, what? Adoptive since when? He was "foster father" a few episodes ago. Maybe the writers don't realize they're two different things?

- What's with all these wanted criminals walking around the precinct like it was no big? First Clock King, now Weather Wizard.

- Did they just imply that Iris has had a (deep in denial) crush on Barry since High School with that "Becky Cooper" comment? Is it a thing that Iris has always thought Barry's girlfriends were never "the right person" for him? Because I kind of love that

- Joe, please don't piss off the murderous metahuman by being a smartass, thanks

- EOBARD THAWNE! And trying to kill Barry? But why? Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... Barry has to save himself and not worry about his mom

- So Wells is Eddie's great great great… etc grandson?

- Nooooooo Ciscoooooo…

- Barry ends up back in time to just after the double-date -- so at least that won't be erased… and now we know how Iris feels even if she's not ready to say anything.

- What an awesome last ten minutes! Best episode so far.

- I'm thinking Wells went all out with revealing his identity and killing Cisco because he knew when Barry told him that he saw himself, it was all going to be undone. That's my theory anyway
Old 03-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
that impromptu double date wasn't awkward at all
It wasn't awkward? Linda and Eddie were obviously uncomfortable and when Eddie was leaving, he didn't kiss Iris, Barry left the same time and Iris and Linda ignored one another.

Quote:
How does Joe recognize Mark Mardon's voice? When did the two of them ever sit down and chat?
Quote:
What's with all these wanted criminals walking around the precinct like it was no big? First Clock King, now Weather Wizard.
I believe people can just walk into police departments, they go through metal detectors and I think that's it.

He and his previous partner has had run ins with Mark and his brother for 6 years. I would think he would know their voices.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 03-17-2015, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It wasn't awkward?
I think Elektra was being sarcastic.

WHAT AN EPISODE.
So Wells was RF and the man who killed Nora Allen. But he says that he wanted to kill Barry and that he was stuck in this world for centuries. But also that Cisco's been dead to him for centuries.
Theory: Thawne traveled back to kill Barry as some sort of..vengeance for his ancestor. Eddie...the man who eventually becomes THE RF and Barry's nemesis.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
I think Elektra was being sarcastic.

WHAT AN EPISODE.
So Wells was RF and the man who killed Nora Allen. But he says that he wanted to kill Barry and that he was stuck in this world for centuries. But also that Cisco's been dead to him for centuries.
Theory: Thawne traveled back to kill Barry as some sort of..vengeance for his ancestor. Eddie...the man who eventually becomes THE RF and Barry's nemesis.
Oh sarcastic...my bad sometimes it doesn't show over the internet.

That is an interesting theory. Although I am wondering if the Thawne generation has it out for the Allen generation and Wells just wanted to end everything from the beginning by killing young Barry.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:52 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique19 (View Post)
It wasn't awkward? Linda and Eddie were obviously uncomfortable and when Eddie was leaving, he didn't kiss Iris, Barry left the same time and Iris and Linda ignored one another.
I should have put an emoticon after I wrote that. I was indeed being sarcastic

Quote:
I believe people can just walk into police departments, they go through metal detectors and I think that's it.
But he's a wanted criminal, and none of the cops noticed until he started to make a scene. It actually made me laugh a bit.

Quote:
He and his previous partner has had run ins with Mark and his brother for 6 years. I would think he would know their voices.
I knew the Mardons were "known" to police, but I didn't realize they had actual one-on-one confrontations. I stand corrected.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That is an interesting theory. Although I am wondering if the Thawne generation has it out for the Allen generation and Wells just wanted to end everything from the beginning by killing young Barry.
That could be it (and is in the comics)...but if it started with Barry...that means Eddie will soon (as in a year or two later) be RF...maybe Wells gives him his powers

also I don't want to lose Cavanagh this season
Old 03-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
That could be it (and is in the comics)...but if it started with Barry...that means Eddie will soon (as in a year or two later) be RF...maybe Wells gives him his powers

also I don't want to lose Cavanagh this season
I didn't even realize thats how it was in the comics . I am not sure how Wells would give him his powers. I do think he has the powers, but they just aren't active as yet?

Maybe he was also caught up in the explosion.

I don't think Cavanagh will be gone this season. Future Thawne knows a lot more about things, so he will be there to help Eddie at least until he can go back to his time.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I certainly hope we don't lose him

Quote:
Maybe he was also caught up in the explosion.
Could be...we did see the Mardon brothers have the same power...you never know
Old 03-17-2015, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, plus I remember one time in some episode where Eddie and Barry worked together for the first time, Eddie had made a comment about seeing something, and I was wondering how he could.

We'll see how things go with Cavanagh but, I don't think Eddie can handle things just yet.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

that was a WHOLE LOT of revealing for one episode... only to be erased by time travel lol.

Time travel becomes sort of tricky for me to not poke holes at the continuity of tbh, but hopefully this show can keep it all straight! The only show where I feel like time travel was really interestingly explored was Lost (can the time continuum be changed or are things destined to happen the way they are supposed to?). For this show, I suspect that they are going to say things can be erased since they killed of Cisco only to potentially bring him back. But again, I'll reserve judgement on that until I see more of it, since it seems to be an extended arc.

but in general, the pacing was fast and exciting! I am intrigued by the reveal also that Eddie is a ~distant relative~ of Wells.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The difference with having time travel erase everything...is that Barry still remembers it all...so he'll still have suspicions of Wells, still remember Iris confession.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, until Lost disappointed me in the reveal of where they were. It was my favourite show.

I am interested in how they handle time continuity, the thing is it's in the comics, so they t least have something to help them a little. Although, they already annoy me with having Linda in Barry's time.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

That episode, though.

THAT EPISODE.

*is dead*
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top