Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2017, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Once And Future Flash [3.19] - Episode Discussion [April 25th, 2017]

[3.19] THE ONCE AND FUTURE FLASH
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ TOM CAVANAGH DIRECTS; BARRY TRAVELS TO THE FUTURE TO SAVE IRIS ϟ
Barry (Grant Gustin) travels to the future to find out Savitar’s still unknown identity in the hopes of saving Iris (Candice Patton). Upon his arrival in 2024, Barry encounters future versions of his Team Flash friends, who, following the death of Iris, have become very different people, profoundly impacted by their showdown with Savitar. It will be up to Barry to infuse a sense of hope back into the team, as he proves to be hero his future friends have been waiting for. Meanwhile, back in 2017, the hunt for Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) continues.
Tom Cavanagh directed the episode written by Carina Adly MacKenzie (#319).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 04-25-2017, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! I hope we find out who Savitar is!
Old 04-25-2017, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not sure why but episodes like this and 2x21 undo me
Old 04-25-2017, 06:51 PM
Total Fan

- Did Caitlin make it snow just by waking up as Killer Frost?

- So I get that Barry needs someone elses speed to propel him to the future… but you know what would be a lot easier? Some kind of cosmic treadmill

- Wow, Emo!Barry looks rough. This is why he needs Iris – she would have told him to cut his damn hair.

- Cisco couldn’t create better robo-hands than that?

- Barry, you know Top is gonna give you vertigo. Why don’t you close your eyes when she starts looking at you?

- I like the 2024 Flash suit… but if Barry gave up being The Flash when Iris died, where did the new suit come from? And can they give it to 2017 Barry?

- Curse you, show! Why couldn’t you let us see who Savitar was?!

I know a lot of people are speculating Savitar is Future!Barry, and that could be true... but if it was Barry, Caitlin would have shown some confusion rather than immediate trust. There’s only one person Caitlin would trust without question – Ronnie.

I think Ronnie being Savitar would actually explain a whole lot… but I could be completely wrong
Old 04-25-2017, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think he gave up being The Flash until 4 years ago cause of that doctor he said that invented the device that trapped Savitar

Think its becoming the theory since that last scene Ronnie cause of the trusting of Killer Frost right away - kinda thinking about it too and Ronnie may make sense
Old 04-25-2017, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Once the ending of the episode happened, I immediately thought it was Ronnie. Not sure who else would she trust that way and I never really believed Ronnie died....
I just don't get who Killer Frost would trust that quickly for her guard to be let down.

Probably another version of Barry? lol Seems Ronnie is definitely the way though.

In general though, I really enjoyed this episode, a lot of sad moments but interesting to see how dark the future is, it's definitely a future we all want to get changed. However, the way time travel works, shouldn't the Barry from the future ALREADY had done what the Barry from the past did which is why all of this will fail?

Future Barry even had the same conversation with Iris about looking after Joe if she died...
So theoretically all of this should've happened with Future Barry already....

I was hoping Savitar was Reverse Flash since Savitar is the man of the future who knows all and of course RF is also from the future... don't see it happening after that ending but that was who I was hoping for.

I enjoyed the WestAllen scene.

Poor Wally in the future.

Cisco/Barry friendship. Loved it so much! Future!Cisco was so happy to see Barry. He loved having his BFF back, it was lovely to see.

So sad what Killer Frost did to Cisco hands.

The Joe and Barry scenes were especially great.

Grant Gustin did an amazing job in this episode with his emotions.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:05 PM
Extreme Fan

When "THE FLASH" goes angst, it does so with style.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
That's probably why the angst ones like this and 2x21 kill me not sure what it is about the episodes but they do it with style for sure
Old 04-26-2017, 01:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Haven't been here for a minute...good to be back!

Wow, that was depressing...Emo!Barry & FutureCisco had me in tears. Grant & Carlos acted their butts off in this one! Everyone lost so much after Iris died...even though I didn't really see much loss on the part of Julian, & HR was living pretty well (owning Jitters? How did that come about?)& getting propositioned left & right (that is his fantasy, isn't it?). Emo!Barry was the saddest to me...he actually spends his days (& nights) looking at old pics of him & Iris On a sidenote, what exactly did Wally see to make him catatonic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra
Cisco couldn't create better robo-hands than that?
I guess he couldn't...since he didn't have hands But seriously, he could've asked (told) someone the exact specs he needed, but he was probably too depressed & settled for the ones that were already available.

Is it just me, or is Mirror Master & Top two of the lamest rogues? I couldn't wait for them to get off my screen. And doesn't Barry realize that when Top's eyes are glowing, to either close his eyes or just look down?

Don't have much to say about Killer Frost, but since she's already sided w/Savitar...good riddance. Speaking of Savitar, everyone's speculating about who he could be. My sister, whom I watch the show with, thinks it could be
Spoiler:
I kinda see that too, but it could very well be
Spoiler:
It can't be Barry ( I mean, it could be...perhaps a time remnant), but the leg that stepped out of the Savitar suit, was NOT Barry's.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Passionate Fan

^Welcome back!!!

Wally took Savitar on and that fight left him paralyzed. That image of him being tucked into bed was sad!

Top and MM are soooooo lame, LOL! It's not just you! Abra K. would have been more entertaining!

Spoiler:

Old 04-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Once the ending of the episode happened, I immediately thought it was Ronnie. Not sure who else would she trust that way and I never really believed Ronnie died....
I just don't get who Killer Frost would trust that quickly for her guard to be let down.
This is how I'm leaning for now...

Someone was saying that Ronnie couldn't be a flash since that wasn't his metapower, but maybe he is only a flash while wearing the special suit?

My dd thinks Savitar is a future Barry and I have to say, I lean that way at times, IIRC several villains have said that Barry is a real jerk in the future, are they telling the truth? There are many different versions of the characters on different Earths, is there a twisted evil Barry out there somewhere? But the main reason I don't think its Barry is I just can't imagine any version of Barry that would kill Iris

I do hope we find out Sav's ID next week!
Old 04-27-2017, 09:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

@MyzButterfly: Thanks!

Spoiler:
Old 04-27-2017, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dammit! Another week until we know who Savitar is. But why would KF follow him instantly? He's Ronnie?

Damn, Cisco lost his hands, that was heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Agreed !
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top