Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Man In The Yellow Suit [1.09] - Mid-Season Finale Discussion [December 9th, 2014]

[1.09] THE MAN IN THE YELLOW SUIT
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ BARRY COMES FACE-TO-FACE WITH THE MAN IN THE YELLOW SUIT/AMANDA PAYS RETURNS TO THE FLASH ϟ
Barry (Grant Gustin) finds himself face-to-face with his nemesis, the man in the yellow suit, a.k.a. Reverse Flash, who killed his mother. Barry is frustrated when the Reverse Flash escapes, but Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) come up with a plan to trap him. All they need is bait, so they turn to Dr. Tina McGee (guest star Amanda Pays) from Mercury Labs to help. Meanwhile, it’s Christmas at The West household and Iris (Candice Patton) is in full holiday cheer. Eddie (Rick Cosnett) gives her a surprising gift but also leaves her with a question that could change her life. Joe (Jesse L. Martin) joins the search for the man in yellow and ends up in the crossfire. Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) finds Ronnie (Robbie Amell).
Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Todd Helbing & Aaron Helbing (#109).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 12-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So can't wait for this one.
REVERSE
FLASH

Last edited by Wingster; 12-09-2014 at 11:50 AM
Old 12-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

I'm happy Barry let his feelings out. It's time for him to move on (even though he really won't). I hope he starts dating and finds someone he likes.

It's time for Iris to suffer a bit and I think that now she realizes that Barry loves her, her feelings will change.

I'm really excited about how the Firestorm storyline will play out. Caitlin now sees that he isn't a meta-psycho so I wonder what their next play is.

As for Wells as Reverse Flash... that just seems too obvious. Come on. There has to be a twist.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved this episode. January 20th is the next one. it seems so far away.

Reverse Flash! man was it awesome seeing that, and I thought it was realistic for Reverse Flash to have an huge advantage over Flash during the episode, just more experience and everything so I enjoyed that.

Barry/Iris tonight. I'm really growing more and more for them during each episode! and the gift exchange. I love how everybody knows Barry feelings for Iris, it's just so obvious with the linger and the longing. I was so shocked when he told Iris about his feelings, I just felt it'd last longer. I can't really read how Iris feels. I don't know. I think she is committed to Eddie but she doesn't really want to hurt anyone. She's in such a tough spot.
I feel for you Iris, can't wait to see how the Barry/Iris scenes are the next episode. It's gotta be awkward. Poor Barry though, he doesn't really get his moments with her as the Flash and now Barry might not as well? So much angst this season for these two already.

Caitlin, I loved her tonight and felt bad for her at the same time. You just gotta feel for her, all this time wanting to see Ronnie again, and to see what he's become Firestorm. I loved that Cisco was there to comfort her. Great friends.

I always love flashbacks of the Allen family.
Always love the Joe/Barry moments.

Eddie finally knowing about superhumans and we'll see if he can keep it to himself, I think he can but who knows.

Dr. Wells is... such an intriguing character to me. lol I just don't know what to think about him.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Total Fan

Shut up. Shut up. Shutitty up up! What the heck did I just watch?! I went into total fangirl mode during this episode, and I feel no shame.

* Firestorm... I mean.. FIRESTORM! And he FLYS. Waiting to see him transmutate something Glad that he's a "good guy". I'm sure they'll need to call on his help at some point.

* Barry finally admitted his feelings to Iris. Loved it... but was hoping he'd tell her he was The Flash first. Although, now we know Barry had feelings for Iris BEFORE he moved in with them. Must have been very awkward for the poor guy during the teen years.

* 2 speedsters fighting over Nora = Reverse Flash vs Flash... and some confusing time travel will be involved in that, no doubt.

* Okay... so if Wells really is "the man in the yellow suit", then is he being all evil to make Barry a better hero? Or is he just evil for no reason? He keeps talking about how important Barry is to him and that he must be protected, so it makes no sense that he'd want to kill him.

* And... how the heck was Wells in two places at once? Either 1) He's just that damn fast or 2) He teamed up with his future self?

And now we have to wait until the end of January to find out what happens next!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
I'm happy Barry let his feelings out. It's time for him to move on (even though he really won't). I hope he starts dating and finds someone he likes.

It's time for Iris to suffer a bit and I think that now she realizes that Barry loves her, her feelings will change.

I'm really excited about how the Firestorm storyline will play out. Caitlin now sees that he isn't a meta-psycho so I wonder what their next play is.

As for Wells as Reverse Flash... that just seems too obvious. Come on. There has to be a twist.
I agree. I just wish he hadn't told her at Christmas,damnit. That's so awkward and V-day would have been a rom-com-esque gesture. He is going to move on, I just always post under spoilers in case anyone doesn't know. I have a feeling they're going to push further with Snowbarry now. I ship Firestorm too, so it was depressing. However,they need time to establish both minds in one body and he's in no shape to reunite with her.

I hate Wells,so I'm glad he's RF. If it had been Eddie,I would have been mad. I like Eddie and Barry are frenemies and seeing as how Eddie called it,Barry handled the situation in a classy,polite manner. That says a lot and I think he won't be as tense. Then again,he has bigger things to worry about.

The "destiny" line made me know it was Wells. What I don't get is why he went through all this crap to make Barry The Flash if he just wanted to destroy him. Wouldn't it made more sense for him to keep Barry from becoming The Flash?

This episode was great,though. Joe and Barry's scene was touching and I loved Cisco and Joe's conversation. Barry and Wells duking it out the night that Barry's mother died raises so many questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Barry/Iris tonight. I'm really growing more and more for them during each episode! and the gift exchange. I love how everybody knows Barry feelings for Iris, it's just so obvious with the linger and the longing. I was so shocked when he told Iris about his feelings, I just felt it'd last longer. I can't really read how Iris feels. I don't know. I think she is committed to Eddie but she doesn't really want to hurt anyone. She's in such a tough spot. I feel for you Iris, can't wait to see how the Barry/Iris scenes are the next episode. It's gotta be awkward. Poor Barry though, he doesn't really get his moments with her as the Flash and now Barry might not as well? So much angst this season for these two already.Eddie finally knowing about superhumans and we'll see if he can keep it to himself, I think he can but who knows.
It really is,which is why I wish they'd waited. I like that she's still with Eddie,though. They're a good couple and I'd rather they play things out and have her realize it on her own. It sucks that he had to move in with the girl who had a crush on and I don't get why they needed to make it so icky. Plenty of couples have them start out as the best friend who silently loves the girl.

I think Eddie can keep it to himself,he's just conflicted about The Flash. Who can blame him,though? The man beat him up and then tonight he saved his life. That's one hell of a moral dilemma. Barry and Iris need friends and lives outside of each other,but unfortunately,they don't show her having friends. They may as well make her and Caitlin friends-Their scene together was cute.

I'm glad they're focusing more on the villains. I love Snowbarry,but it's a comic book show. On with Captain Cold,Grodd and everyone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
* Firestorm... I mean.. FIRESTORM! And he FLYS. Waiting to see him transmutate something Glad that he's a "good guy". I'm sure they'll need to call on his help at some point.

* Barry finally admitted his feelings to Iris. Loved it... but was hoping he'd tell her he was The Flash first. Although, now we know Barry had feelings for Iris BEFORE he moved in with them. Must have been very awkward for the poor guy during the teen years.

* 2 speedsters fighting over Nora = Reverse Flash vs Flash... and some confusing time travel will be involved in that, no doubt.

* Okay... so if Wells really is "the man in the yellow suit", then is he being all evil to make Barry a better hero? Or is he just evil for no reason? He keeps talking about how important Barry is to him and that he must be protected, so it makes no sense that he'd want to kill him.

* And... how the heck was Wells in two places at once? Either 1) He's just that damn fast or 2) He teamed up with his future self?
I know,which is why the entire plot was ridiculous. He could have just been Ducky Dale and it would have been fine. This is the first time the CW has strayed from that trope and it's weird. I'm glad he didn't tell her he was The Flash,because the whole situation was awkward as it was. If she knew that he was The Flash,she's be shell-shocked. It probably didn't feel like flirting or cheating because he had a mask,but if it was Barry,she'd feel so awful. Eddie has been good to her and she loves him,but that entire time,she was having secret meetings with Barry. She's a good person and anyone would feel guilty. :-/

I'm happy that Wells is RF,but you're right about how confusing it is. I think he teamed up with his future self,but the rest hurts my head. Oh well-It's winter break and I'm shutting my brain off.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 12-09-2014 at 07:52 PM
Old 12-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

I feel like Caitlin will be all about Ronnie now that she knows that he's alive.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

My head hurts too!

Is he the flash turned evil?
Old 12-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

what that is like over a month away till it comes back

I enjoyed the episode

what was that ending,im so confused so is he the other one at barrys house or what

dr wells is so complicated lol

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 12-10-2014, 04:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I feel like Caitlin will be all about Ronnie now that she knows that he's alive.
I can't wait to see what happens with that. I love that he showed up at the end. What was he doing there? Did he go to STAR Labs just to tell her to leave him alone? Which he'd already told her, no less. I wonder if somewhere in the back of his mind, he remembers - or a part of him does. Can't wait to see more.

Love, love, loved the episode!
Old 12-10-2014, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

HOLY FRAK what an amazing episode.
Wells...what in the hell are you? RF or just working with him?
Why did RF just stare at Eddie?
Old 12-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)
I can't wait to see what happens with that. I love that he showed up at the end. What was he doing there? Did he go to STAR Labs just to tell her to leave him alone? Which he'd already told her, no less. I wonder if somewhere in the back of his mind, he remembers - or a part of him does. Can't wait to see more.

Love, love, loved the episode!
I have a feeling that Ronnie is drawn to Caitlin and has been watching her for a while now - even if he's going through an identity crisis at the moment.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:

Yeah the wells thing has me confused. I still think its either Eddie or Eddie's descendent. I was happy with the whole episode, but that's pretty much every episode when it comes to the flash.

I love the idea of Caitlin and Iris being friends. They are both such precious creatures. also I think Caitlin will be more about Ronnie. TBH Cisco and Caitlin were givin me some serious feels.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

the last scene in the pilot episode is the key... what event and who is involved ...is the key to who Wells Really is. I know Batman, Grodd, Flash and Reverse Flash are involved in the event that happened in 2024

Since I don't like too much deviation from DC comics....
Spoiler:

according to DC books and comics....
Spoiler:
Old 12-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Holy Hell on Wheels- what did I just watch?!

-Reverse Flash. Gah I can't believe we got to see him. And he was such a central part of the story. Freakin' loved it. And then later to find out that it was Wells. - I knew it had to be him or Eddie. And then when Reverse Flash confronted Eddie I wondered if that was RF starring at his past self. So to find out that I was wrong and that it was Wells- gah!

So how the hell did he do it- did he meet with his future self and come up with a plan as has been suggested or was the RF in that containment facility a hologram of sort?

All of this future meets past stuff is so confusing which is what I've always liked about Flash in general.

And now Cisco knows that it wasn't just RF in the lightning but the red one too. Does this mean on some future date Barry of the present could maybe run into Barry of the future who fought with RF in Barry's living room when he was a kid?!

I do like the theory that Wells could be Eddie's future son (hopefully not with Iris. LOL!)

-Barry/Iris. Aw I totally loved them. And for Barry to tell Iris how he truly felt, I couldn't believe he actually told her! Can't wait to see how awkward things are gonna get now.

-Barry/Fathers. I always love scenes with Barry and Joe. They are so heart felt all the time. And glad we got one with his real dad. That's heartbreaking though- he'll have to spend the rest of his life in jail because the true killer will never be brought to justice.

-Caitlin/Ronnie. I've always liked her but her story line with Ronnie (lol it's so weird posting that name since that's my actual name minus the guy gender thing since I'm a girl. ) Anyways, her story with him was so bittersweet. I do believe he has been watching over her otherwise why show up at the exact moment of the fight. Very cool of him to send Reverse Flash flying by the way.

Dude Firestorm can fly! Loved it. He reminded me of this R2-D2 action figure I have where R2 is flying with his boosters.

-Best winter finale I've seen yet!

-Oh final thing. I want Wells' ring! That thing looked so cool.
Emma♥Neal
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top