Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lose Yourself [4.18] - Episode Discussion [April 17th, 2018]

[4.18] LOSE YOURSELF
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ RALPH CONSIDERS CROSSING A LINE TO DEFEAT THE THINKER ϟ
When Barry (Grant Gustin) and Team Flash find a way to enter The Thinker’s lair, Ralph (guest star Hartley Sawyer) considers crossing a dangerous line to defeat DeVoe. Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) is concerned by Harry’s (Tom Cavanagh) recent behavior.
Hanelle Culpepper directed the episode written by Jonathan Butler & Gabriel Garza (#418).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 04-17-2018, 07:36 PM
Total Fan

- Harry created a sonic screwdriver scepter

- So thinking cap = drug addiction. Glad that Joe is getting all “Detective West” on Harry.

- Harry about his thinking cap: MY PRECIOUSSSSSSS…. THAT NASTY DETECTIVESSSSS STOOOOOOOLE IT!

- It’s dinosaur week on the CW. First Supergirl, now The Flash

- Iris and her big-ass gun! Love it. Look at her sacrifice herself for the greater good.

- So now that Devoe has Ralph’s body, we get OG!Devoe back.

On a side note: Ralph was supposed to have died in the original particle accelerator explosion, as per Eo-Wells in Season 1.

Last edited by Elektra; 04-18-2018 at 07:53 AM
Old 04-17-2018, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

Best part of the episode.

Glad Ralph's dead. Hope he stays that way.

18 episodes later...what does Devoe want?
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Okay . . . now that Devoe has the powers of all of the bus metas, what does he plan to do? And why was it so important to him to frame Barry and put him in prison?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's sad that now Ralph and Killer Frost are gone

Anyway, probably the best episode of the serie so far
Iris vs Marlize. Yes!! (gotta give credit to Joe taking on the samurai)
Harry screwing up... (although everyone kinda screwed up in this episode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Okay . . . now that Devoe has the powers of all of the bus metas, what does he plan to do? And why was it so important to him to frame Barry and put him in prison?
To get Black Bison, Kilg%re, Dwarfstar and Hazzard out of the meta prison
Old 04-18-2018, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

Going to miss Ralph on the show.

I was hoping that we would see him meet his wife Sue (from the comics) in future
episodes.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 04-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Finally saw the ep the other day (couldn't watch all of it, bc my cable kept cutting out).

Ralph is FINALLY GONE!!! That was a LONG time coming, but it finally happened. And that story he told Barry Was that supposed to get us to miss him? It didn't work on me.

The rest of the story was OK; it wasn't the best, & it wasn't the worst (that was last week). Killer Frost is supposedly gone & now Harry's brain seems to be fried What good are they gonna be when they have to face DeVoe? Speaking of which, what exactly is this "enlightenment"? And why do the writers think we care what it is at this late date?

Iris kicking Marlize's butt, FTW! And Joe taking down that samaroid!

I know that there were some in the fandom who were upset about the lone WA scene at the end. While it would've been nice for WA to have a quiet, bonding moment at the end, I realize that some ppl need space when they grieve. While, IMHO, Ralph wasn't really worth grieving, I'm sure Barry felt bad bc they only saved two of the bus metas, & had become friends w/one of them. He probably feels like a failure. I'm sure he & Iris had a long talk when he got back to the loft.

Here's hoping that the writers can redeem themselves w/the last 5 eps.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn71 (View Post)
Ralph is FINALLY GONE!!! That was a LONG time coming, but it finally happened. And that story he told Barry Was that supposed to get us to miss him? It didn't work on me.

I understand Barry needing to grieve. It's how he is but since I was celebrating and Ralph had been a douche who ruined most of the season not this great "hero" they are pretending he is. I was rolling my eyes.

Overall the episode was fine.

Iris and Marlize fighting was a treat!!!! And seeing the real Clifford felt good. He should have killed Ralph a long time ago.
One day I'll know, how far I'll go
Old 04-20-2018, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

You guys .

I don't think it's the last time we've seen Ralph.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Sadly, I think it’s true. But I hope he won’t return for S5.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't like Ralph very much either, but celebrating his demise seems a little bit harsh lol

I don't care that much about his death, but more about what it means for the team now that they lost all the metas they were trying to save (and they were the reason some of them got caught)

I assumed the reason DeVoe was saving him for last was because Ralph's body, being able to do what it did, was either resistant or immune to DeVoe's disease, which I think was confirmed in the episode...

By the way, where's the Weeper? DeVoe already got to him but whether or not he took his power is unknown, right? There's got to be a reason why Marlize doens't know about it... and where the heck is the mistery girl?
Old 04-22-2018, 11:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arien Siege (View Post)
I didn't like Ralph very much either, but celebrating his demise seems a little bit harsh lol

...And I feel like celebrating.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusBane (View Post)
...And I feel like celebrating.
You're evil but I just can't hate someone called MagnusBane
Old 04-23-2018, 03:11 AM
Supreme Fan

I think Marlize doesn't know about the Weeper because Clifford is using his tears to drug and control her.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusBane (View Post)
Sadly, I think it’s true. But I hope he won’t return for S5.
I think it's up to the writers. His contract does have an option for him to come back as a regular next season.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top