Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

if part of his goal was to mentor Barry...well he definitely failed there. Him and the writers
Old 03-10-2016, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Speedster (View Post)
Yes, that's exactly what I think. It wouldn't be the first time Andrew played us all . There's definitely more. I still believe that Jay was a legit good person.
see, I do but I don't. And there are a few scenes where I never trusted Jay.

1) Why is he taking pictures when we first see him? That's kind of strange. If he just was there to warn Barry, he didn't need to have video evidence to do that.

2) Why did he change his story about why he was dying? First it was because Zoom stole his speed but then later on it was because of Velocity 6?

3) How did he find out all the information about "Hunter Zolomon" on Earth One and know that the dude just hung out in the park? And he knew he was going to be there when Caitlin asked? That's kind of random

4) What kind of nap are you having that you don't wake up for a freaking earth quake? That's some serious REM sleep there buddy.

5) Would the "real" Jay Garrick oppose the idea of trying to be a hero and stop Geomancer? Really? I know he did it eventually but Joe had to prodd him into it. Powers or not, as Caitlin once told Barry, "you're still you".

and I could go on. So there was something that never added up...

^^

as for the mentoring, yeah, though he did teach him some stuff ie throwing lightening. So it wasn't a total failure
Old 03-12-2016, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
see, I do but I don't. And there are a few scenes where I never trusted Jay.

1) Why is he taking pictures when we first see him? That's kind of strange. If he just was there to warn Barry, he didn't need to have video evidence to do that.

2) Why did he change his story about why he was dying? First it was because Zoom stole his speed but then later on it was because of Velocity 6?

3) How did he find out all the information about "Hunter Zolomon" on Earth One and know that the dude just hung out in the park? And he knew he was going to be there when Caitlin asked? That's kind of random

4) What kind of nap are you having that you don't wake up for a freaking earth quake? That's some serious REM sleep there buddy.

5) Would the "real" Jay Garrick oppose the idea of trying to be a hero and stop Geomancer? Really? I know he did it eventually but Joe had to prodd him into it. Powers or not, as Caitlin once told Barry, "you're still you".

and I could go on. So there was something that never added up...

^^

as for the mentoring, yeah, though he did teach him some stuff ie throwing lightening. So it wasn't a total failure
Some pretty solid points . That nap was awfully suspicious . I still want to believe he's good, though. Partly for Caitlin's sake.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

yeah, I understand wanting to believe he was good... I just never trusted him.... his appearance was even more convenient than E2 Wells.

But... maybe you could say that he was starting to try to "be good" because of Caitlin? Maybe? IDK. Maybe he wasn't just going to go along with Zoom's plan anymore... I mean... he did throw the thing to close the breach - ok, I guess he didn't really have a choice in a room full of people -

I also wonder... did Jay / or whoever - do something to the portal instead of "napping?" I mean, it would have prevented Barry and them from coming back, yes, and there would have been heart ache there, but if he was a plant by Zoom of some kind - speed scout, Claris, etc. - then perhaps that was a trade he was willing to make in order to be free of Zoom himself?
Old 03-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's a possibility, that he started to be better for her . I'm still on the fence because we saw Zoom carry that Jay over to Earth-2, so how is that Jay also Zoom? Unless they had a deal or something, like you said, I'm thoroughly confused .
Old 03-13-2016, 12:17 PM
Extreme Fan

For Caitlin that's all bad, until it loses Ronnie, then Jay is killed before her eyes, presumably he's not dead, but she did not know, but what's next? They break so slowly. I hope so that their friends and especially Barry they can absorb. And what I hope is indeed the last to come closer to Caitlin and Barry. For example, in Arrow. As Oliver and Felicity were just beginning colleagues, but later she felt then but more for each other, they fell in love and tried it schließelich as a couple together. I think that it would also provide Barry and Cailtin.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

it could ... it might not.

I wouldn't mind it but doubt the show ever goes that route.

I'm hoping for just more moments like in Season 1.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Personally, I want her to remain friends with Barry. And on that aspect, this season is lacking. I also think that Caitlin and Iris could be great friends, but for some reason they're not developping theirbrelationship yet.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

oh, completely agree. both on the lack of Barry and Caitlin's friendship this season...

but just as much on iris. It really bugs me, tbh, almost as much or more than Barry and Caitlin's lack of interaction. its close. the only reason its so close is because at least there was Season one I can re-watch on you tube regarding Caitlin and Barry.

Iris and Caitlin have no good reason to interact as little as they did. They both know and care about pretty much the same people - Barry, Cisco, Joe, etc...- really the only person Caitlin doesn't really know right now that iris does that plays a major role in the show or some role in the show at least is Wally.

I mean, until the whole thing with Patty I'd have argued that the two most non - joe or Henry Allen people to Barry would have been Iris then Caitlin.

So it bugs me that the show has them not interact at all. There's not reason since they both know the secret, both are around the same people - sometimes even at the same time - but then don't ever really interact.

I LOVED the interactions on Earth One with Geomancer and what not and had hoped that maybe they would build more off of that.

sadly, it does not seem to be the case
Old 03-16-2016, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ completely agree

I think the Jay we saw was more of a double agent instead of Zoom.
At the very least we know there are two (doppelgangers most likely)...so it can't be as simple (I hope) as Zoom being right under our noses the whole time.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
^ completely agree

I think the Jay we saw was more of a double agent instead of Zoom.
At the very least we know there are two (doppelgangers most likely)...so it can't be as simple (I hope) as Zoom being right under our noses the whole time.
I wonder if Killerfrost is alive or dead on Earth 2.

https://www.youtube.com/user/josephineroy2000
Old 03-19-2016, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

well, supposedly its something we;ll find out relatively soon. or at least what her fate was for crossing Zoom

Last edited by bonnie51; 03-19-2016 at 04:10 PM
Old 03-19-2016, 02:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Barry and Caitlin actually have a very close friendship with each other. From which even more could be, if you know what I mean. Iris is for Barry but like a sister already.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

they do have a good relationship. saw more of it in season one
Old 03-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
they do have a good relationship. saw more of it in season one
This might take until Barry and Caitlin come together. Has indeed taken at Arrow at Oliver and Felicity. And now both are engaged.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top