Moderator Support Team

Can't wait to do this tomorrow!

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 06-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by light the fuse (View Post)
that's awesome Steph!

thanks for getting this started! starts on Monday!

welcome to the board anniejam! and that could be a good idea too!
Thanks! Here is a link to the plan for Tuesday rewatches. This group of people really got the fans for TMP noticed last summer and I think helped FOX to realize there were lots of fans who love the show. I'm joining in this summer and hope others will too! I need like 10 more seasons of Mindy! LOL

Dandy Lioness - #FullSeasonforMindy weekly hiatus Live Tweets and Rewatches!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

Hope I'll manage to stay awake long enough to watch a couple of episodes later

danny & mindy

Old 06-15-2014, 02:30 PM
Extreme Fan

First off, I was so anticipating The Mindy Project when it came out that I didn't know if it could live up to the hype...it did! It's my favorite show on TV and it's super funny with such great heart behind it. Hope those watching for the first time love it too!

Secondly, I probably went overboard, but I love TMP and can't wait to discuss it with others who love it too!

Pilot:

Beginning with a scene from When Harry Met Sally? Perfect. And foreshadowing. Rom-coms rule! Little Mindy quoting, "I'll have what she's having!" without knowing what she was saying is fantastic. Then You've Got Mail? UGH! Who didn't fall in love with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in that movie?

The pan to Danny's face when she says she has time for no distractions? More foreshadowing? I was so excited to see Richard Schiff as the attending physician in the first hospital scene. He's a fave from TWW and perfect as a crumedgenly old doctor. Would have loved to have him be a regular.

Danny telling the mom he was the doctor who was "going to take a person out of her"? Classic intense Danny. Serious but way too over the top!

Of course Mindy and Tom had a meet-cute...it's why she is so heartbroken over their breakup, because it should last like a rom-com! Also Mindy's "But ohhhhhhhh I did go" to Tom's wedding, you just knew something was going to go wrong! Also, note: Mindy is wearing green sequins to the wedding in the first episode and she wore it in Danny and Mindy too. Wonder if that was a coincidence or a planned connection?

"L'chaim!"

"I'm Saaaaaaandra Bullock!"

Love Mindy's friend Gwen, her being married with a kid in suburbia is a great juxtaposition to Mindy's madness. I wish she was still around. I LOL'ed at Mindy telling Riley that she's boring and needs to contribute something. And the facial reaction when Gwen says she's fascinating. Oh parents! And yes, Jeremy is "Hugh Grant in real life" Gwen.

Chris Messina is hot. HOT. His smirks throughout the patient-stealing scene are perfect. Danny's, " My God, do you think they'll ever catch the real girl who fell into the pool?" LOL

Springsteen in the pilot. Springsteen in Danny and Mindy.

Danny jealous in the pilot? Couldn't stand to be around Jeremy and Mindy flirting. Gave a final look through the window when he left the doctor's lounge.

Jeremy's, " I like it" about how trashy Mindy looked was so him. And also, why he's a hookup and not more. But how could anyone resist that accent?

I think people like Mindy because she's relatable:
Makes bad choices when it comes to men
"It doesn't have to be true, I just need to hear it. I do this with guys all the time." - I mean who hasn't done that?

I love the un-PCness of the show. Calling out the uninsured Burca-wearing patient, and more white patients. Mindy's not afraid to go there.

More Danny and Mindy chemistry in the what should she wear on her first date scene. Him "oh boy"ing when he sees the sparkles she plans to wear. His smirk when Dr. Schulmann tells Mindy she's worth waiting for and his spot on description of what makes a girl look hot. Mindy's low-blow about his divorce, then his about her weight. And then her taking his advice, looking hot, and Danny letting her know she looked hot! I've loved them from episode 1!

Blind date - love Ed Helms, funny, Mindy's a mess LOL

Danny watching Mindy's surgery, joining her in the lounge after and watching When Harry Met Sally? LOVE. I LOL every time I hear Mindy say, "NEVER speak for Meg Ryan" as if it's the most important thing ever. Danny questioning Mindy if her date was a MAN. Loved that dialog. Because we don't know if her date was, but we know for sure Danny is, but that Jeremy is so not. Danny points a lot out to Mindy about her life, rightfully so, and does it because I think he likes her deep down (as a person) and enjoys the banter with her, but is so closed off he doesn't get close. But he's very interested in her date. And his sweet, soft questioning of it lets us know he feels badly about the fight they had earlier. I mean look at his sweet face! Then complimenting her on her surgery. Danny's the jerk who we love because he's a sweetie deep down. Lots of character development for him in just this first episode. ..."with the economy and all." He loved making Mindy laugh. Then he changes the channel when she gets too emotional with him. " Another LOL moment? "There are different episodes of this?!"

And then Mindy does what so many of us do after realizing she's doing well...she calls Jeremy over for a booty call! So much progress and then two steps back!

I love the music in the episode -- even the theme song is so upbeat and catchy. The use of Bad Girls by M.I.A. was perfect.

1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? Either Danny or Gwen -- both voices of reason
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? Danny/Mindy in the doctor's lounge discussing her date
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Jeremy - doesn't care about Mindy just a smoooooooth operator
4) What was your favorite quote from the episode? Ahhhhhh! So many!!! From Danny - "Was he a MAN?" Mindy - "Maybe I won't get married, you know? Maybe I'll do one of those "Eat, Pray, Love" things. Ugh, no, I don't want to pray. Forget it, I'll just die alone. "
Old 06-18-2014, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, going to start this tonight, I hope!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

I just rewatched the pilot I've watched it many many times before, but I always notice some small new tidbits.

Quote:
The pan to Danny's face when she says she has time for no distractions? More foreshadowing?
so obvious! I was hoping for them to happen probably right from that moment on

Jeremy and his charming lines I've kind of missed those! And I was wrong about Danny's first rant being the one about the guy at the Springsteen show - the first one was actually about Downton Abbey at the wedding

As you mentioned, anniejam, great use of music throughout the episode!

Quote:
"Hugh Grant in real life"
Love this line too Jeremy says exactly the right things to her to get what he wants...

Mindy and Danny's first elevator scene is THE BEST I don't know how someone could not ship them after that and the scene in the doctor's lounge is so sweet, I'm glad we got a little glimpse of Danny not being mean in the pilot. Also, Danny: "I wanna share this show with you"

I love Ed Helms' character

1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? I can't exactly remember who I liked best when I first watched... It was probably still Mindy, even though she acts even crazier than in most episodes
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? Danny/Mindy in the elevator.
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Tom
4) What was your favorite quote from the episode? Can't really pick just one... Maybe "It doesn't have to be true, I just need to hear it. I do this with guys all the time."

ETA:

1.02 Hiring and Firing

first subway scene also, Danny later on: "Sounds like a bum"

I love Mindy's chocolate fountain

1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? Morgan shows up
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? Morgan's interview
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Dr. Shulman, I guess... I wasn't really sad they didn't keep him around.
4) What was your favorite quote from the episode? "No Mum, I have not been smoking pot in here" or "If a guys didn't have a birthday, now that would be interesting" and Danny's whole rant about birthdays...

1.03 In The Club

Ok Josh doesn't really make a great first impression in this ep... even though his insecurity shines through sometimes.

I really thought Jeremy wasn't at the club with them I guess his sl isn't that memorable.

Mindy's look to Danny getting into the cab I love those little moments.

1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? Mindy and Morgan's hilarious, as always
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? Danny dancing
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Shauna and her Danny drama
4) What was your favorite quote from the episode? "Your grandmother coined the Phrase 'Work hard, play hard'?"

danny & mindy

Last edited by raphi1860; 06-19-2014 at 08:48 AM
Old 06-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphi1860 (View Post)
Mindy's look to Danny getting into the cab I love those little moments.
When people say they didn't see any of Mindy's attraction for Danny, you just want to say it was in episode 3!!

Hiring and Firing:

I love Mindy's narrations. "But under that grisle and icy exterior, does a warm heart beat?
No.
Only time will tell.
No time won't.
Yes, time will. "
And it did!

Seth Meyers is adorable, and when Mindy was on his show he mentioned how he was the only guy Mindy's dated who didn't get to kiss her!

Danny can't help but comment on Mindy's love life. God, he's adorable!

Beverly is so freaking funny. I love when Mindy's serious about her job and there's issues at work for them to discuss. Mindy calling a meeting and Dr. Schulman and Jeremy taking her seriously is so sweet. Especially when they sit down because she hadn't dismissed them yet, but Danny just leaves.

Un-PC: " As a woman of color..."

More Gwen! Lunching with friends, talking about dates...that's what single girls do.

Danny narrating the scene where he tells her he's helping with the nursing interviews with that smirk? Too much!

The hiring of the nurse with Danny was fantastic, so they could avoid hiring any Al Qaeda terrorists. Their complete opposite personalities make the banter legit. "No crying" "A little black girl and a little white girl were petting a horse together. Sorry for being human!"

When in trouble because they can't hire someone..."Danny and I are best friends. We hide our relationship at work for professional reasons." Hmmmmmmm.

"What neighborhood did this happen?" "It was by the docks." - LOL

Introducing Ransom/Morgan Tookers!! "No more stealing cars" When she hires Morgan, this begins Morgan's undying love for Mindy. He worships her and would do anything for her.

Mindy taking charge and firing Beverly was great. Jeremy's a wuss! The punch was fantastic! Morgan to the rescue! Notice when he leaves and give his, "Doggy-style only" message to Mindy...he points to Danny!

Comparing Morgan to Nelson Mandela...only Mindy!

The subway ride home? More Danny/Mindy banter, more chemistry... and another "oh boy" from Danny! This is just another scene that shows their dynamic. Mindy's flair for the dramatic and Danny getting riled up about it, but also just accepting it. That's how they interact. Classic Rom/com banter. "I would never marry this woman." and last week he said "Why would anyone do that?" about running through the streets in When Harry Met Sally. Oh Danny! lol

1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? Mindy - stood up for herself, took on responsibility, didn't back down!
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? Mindy getting punched!
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Dr. Schulman
4) What was your favorite quote from the episode? "It was by the docks" - because that's where everything seedy happens!!
Old 06-20-2014, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, watched the first two episodes. I like it!

Pilot

1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? Mindy.
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? The elevator scene.
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Tom.
4) What was your favorite quote from the episode? I'm just going to skip this one, because I'm bad at remembering quotes, especially when it's the first time I watch.

Hiring and Firing.

1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? Morgan.
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? When Morgan comes to Mindy's rescue~ after she's been punched.
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Hmm, didn't really have one.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

Yay for you starting to watch the show!

I can't wait to continue the rewatch next week

danny & mindy

Old 06-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

I will try to watch this show tonight since I was so busy ever since til now that I have more time..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 06-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty springs (View Post)
Okay, watched the first two episodes. I like it!
So glad you like it!

In the Club:

I like that Shauna is featured in this episode. We get little bits of her and Betsy, but this seems like a true work dynamic of someone younger being hungover and Mindy of course wanting in on the action.

More Gwen!

Parallel of Mindy laughing at Danny saying he's not in for Club night, just like he laughed at her outfit in the first episode. They can't help but banter!

Un-PC - Black guys love me!

Suave Danny shows up, touches Mindy, flirts with Shauna, and basically smolders all over the place. I think this is the first episode where Mindy starts taking digs at his age, saying someone's dad showed up and asking if he wants Doobie Brothers played.

Danny can dance! And everyone's impressed especially Shauna!

I love all the characters being involved in this episode. Morgan as the bathroom attendant is perfection. And all the NBA players? How did Mindy pull that off?! Amare has a thing for pashminas!

On the way to VIP, Mindy stops off to compliment Danny on his dancing. Nicities all around? He asks her to get a drink with him after he ignores Shauna. What?! lol

Oh, Josh. Your cockiness, sweet smile, and blonde hair combine to make one handsome jerk.

Betsy getting hit on by the Russian dude, classic. Mindy wants to be selfish and go with Josh, but she stays, takes care of Betsy, pays for her blue maxi-pad drink, and has fun with her work peeps.

Longing look from Mindy when she sees Danny leave with one of his dance partners...

Morgan's right - Diarrhea shuts it down.

1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? Danny
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? Mindy's invite to the VIP
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Jeremy
4) What was your favorite quote from the episode? Black guys love me!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Pilot
1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? Mindy
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? Danny/Mindy/Jeremy in the doctor's lounge
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Ed Helms character..
4) What was your favorite quote from the episode? Danny: "Who would actually do that?" Just because of "Danny and Mindy"

Hiring and Firing
1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? Morgan! Or is his name Ransom?
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? Morgan coming in and fixing Mindy's nose & being hired.
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Beverly.. I just didn't find her that funny.
4) What was your favorite quote from the episode? Are you in charge of being a douchebag? ‘Cause you’re doing a great job.

In the Club
1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? Danny - his dancing at the club!
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? The group dancing together at the club
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Josh - I never really found him charming.
4) What was your favorite quote from the episode? "What my friend is trying to say is he has crazy diarrhea."

Halloween
1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? Danny/Jeremy - I loved seeing their different approaches to getting their licenses
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? Danny's driving test, all of the sweating & almost hitting a kid. Poor guy
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Not really any stand outs this episode. Still not a fan of Josh
4) What was your favorite quote from the episode? "as a nurse this costume offends me its not skimpy outfits that make nurses sexy its the helping people that make us sexy"

Out of the 4 episodes, which was your favorite & why? Pilot - Although there were some bumps for me it is still the pilot. We get to meet some great characters & it did have some great moments.

icon: tumblr |B
Old 06-23-2014, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

Great to read everyone's thoughts! I'll try and watchHalloween tonight, and continue with the other episodes tomorrow.

Quote:
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Ed Helms character..
How can you not like him? He's awesome

danny & mindy

Old 06-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Halloween:

1. Autumn in NY is the best!
2. Morning, breakfast date with Josh is so funny.
3. Josh looking through his phone was such a jerk move, but all his "Katelyn's" cracked me up!
4. Danny leaving his office and his whole notary republic schpeil killed me. "Why won't this end?!"
5. The rant on not talking about tv shows in a timely way is so true. SHUT it people!!!
6. Danny's stress about his driver's test is what makes him such a likable character. He's Mr. Tough Guy, but not really. He's a softy!
7. "I will knock you out. I will knock you out, I don't care how old you are." LOL I appreciate this punk kid getting told off! Shut it punk!
8. "I need a costume that blows people's minds!"
9. "The badonkidonk and the bathinkathink".

Little Wayne on the Prairie was actually an amazing costume!

True crime show, random cat, correcting Riley on using "hewwo", and It's the Great Pumpkin summary, such a great scene!

Loved Mindy deciding on being Diane from Cheers!

Also just realized I have the same slippers as Mindy lol

1) Who was your favorite character of the episode? Mindy
2) What was your favorite moment in the episode? Mindy on the floor
3) Who was your least favorite character of the episode? Josh
4) What was your favorite quote from the episode? "The badonkidonk and the bathinkathink".