Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-02-2016, 09:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
I just can't get too excited knowing Connie's going everything I've wanted for the show for years seems to be happening, but knowing Connie won't be a part of it after 10 eps is killing me.
Feel exactly the same way...
Old 12-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Me too. Can't get excited at all. I just need to know for sure...and to move on.

Nashville Boss Previews Season 5: More Emotion, Less "Adrenaline"
Old 12-02-2016, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

At this point I just need a situation that doesn't end in dead Rayna. Not watching depressed Deacon and surely more Maddie acting out.

Killing off one of your main characters doesn't sound like moving away from soapy dramatic incidents.

Cast promo pics

Nashville: New Season Photo Gallery | CMT
Sarah [youtube]
Old 12-02-2016, 10:51 AM
Loyal Fan

They may not kill her off. They might do something else that lets Connie only work 10 eps. It's maddening not knowing, though.

Thanks for the pics. Everyone looks amazing--golden skinned with hair blowing in a gentle breeze. LOL Selfishly I want more. Maybe Gunnar, Avery, and Will together, or Scarlett and Deacon together. But I'm happy to get these!
Old 12-02-2016, 10:51 AM
Loyal Fan

They may not kill her off. They might do something else that lets Connie only work 10 eps. It's maddening not knowing, though.

Thanks for the pics. Everyone looks amazing--golden skinned with hair blowing in a gentle breeze. LOL Selfishly I want more. Maybe Gunnar, Avery, and Will together, or Scarlett and Deacon together. But I'm happy to get these!
Old 12-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I just can't imagine what they could possibly do with the character other than kill her off. How would they explain that she's never there? They could send her out on tour, but you would think she'd have to pop up now and again, and truthfully I'd be really annoyed if it was just once every few episodes you get a short convo with Deacon and the kids saying "I talked to mom and she misses us, but she's loving being on tour." That just seems silly.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

All this is so exciting! Super happy about the Deacon news. I'm not a huge Rayna fan, except as part of DR, and not even really a huge Connie fan, so her leaving won't make me leave, but I am curious how it will be handled. And I agree with the person who wished she'd given the new guys more of a chance before making a decision.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

I'm all for the out on tour option and then seeing how often they can get Connie for an episode here and there. This doesn't work long term. But they don't know if the show works long term, especially without Rayna.

So what happens if the show doesn't do as well as they're hoping. Then they kill Rayna, which surely won't help. And at the end of S5 it's looking like the show is too expensive to be worth another season. Then they brought back the show just to give us a depressing ending. Don't do anything permanent right now. Her tour bus can crash next season if need be
Sarah [youtube]
Old 12-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Extreme Fan

The Connie situation upsets me. I realize it's her life and her decision but...I probably shouldn't say much more about it. I just hope that she's not DYING at the end of this. REALLY wish if she absolutely had to go that she could have filmed for just a few more months and finished the season.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't really blame Connie for wanting out, I think she was relieved when the show was cancelled and she could go back to LA, so she may have mentally moved on by the time the renewal was announced, or have other stuff lined up that she wants to do. But after all the excitement of CMT and the new writers, and it was announced the main cast were all on board, but then the sucker punch of ''oh but Connie's only signed on for 10 episodes'. All pretence of ongoing contract talks have been abandoned now so I think she's definitely gone. I just wish she could have given it at least a season. Leaving half way through doesn't leave many options for the writers unfortunately.
And I hate that she keeps pretending that she doesn't know what anyone's taking about when she's asked, saying the rumours of her leaving are 'crazy', that's annoying.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Sarah [youtube]
Old 12-02-2016, 05:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Another promo - I just can't keep up.

Just CMT so far!

Let's hope it matches up to all the hype. The Deyna in this is worrying though ? Or is it me?
Old 12-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

They've added a video section to their website and have started putting some of the promos up there.

Nashville Show Videos Clips, Trailers, and Episodes - CMT

And yeah that latest one makes me nervous for DR
Sarah [youtube]
Old 12-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

They're all in various states of separation so I don't see the DR one as being any more concerning than the others. We probably notice it more because of Connie leaving.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:07 AM
Addicted Fan

It's not a random promo, there are things that clearly refers to plots we know from the sides. It's not being paranoid to be worried about it.
But I know emotions run high about all this right now and I'm not going to argue with people who interpret it differently. It's even less worth it since in the end we all want the same thing.