Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-20-2016, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the sneak peek and interview links.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
Thanks for the sneak peek.
R/D certainly seem to be on MUCH better terms in this sneak. But this Vince guy, wonder how old he's supposed to be?

In the picture, he doesn't look like someone, who, would have been much older than Rayna?
Old 05-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

From that little bit of the Rayna/Daphne song, I like it a lot.

Random thoughts on the DR sneak. Nice to see them in a better place this week. "Our other daughter" so they were talking about Daphne who is also "our daughter". How does Deacon not already know about this Vince guy? And Deacon is about to put on his glasses at the very end. Always here for Deacon in glasses.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-21-2016, 03:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
How does Deacon not already know about this Vince guy?
I wondered the same thing. Seems like more of the rewriting of their history. It still bugs me to no end that they've forgotten that whole hospital conversation in S1 where it was clear Deacon already knew Rayna when Lamar kicked her out.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

Even if she had for whatever reason not told Deacon when it happened (or hadn't told him the guy's name or whatever), still how does he not know? If this guy was around 20-something years ago and is still relevant today he's not a nobody in the industry. This guy's name must have come up somewhere in the decades that DR worked together. And yet Deacon seems to have no clue that Rayna thinks this guy is a creep?

Also "when she was Maddie's age"? When she was actually Maddie's age she wasn't signed to a label or anything. She met this guy before then? Or Maddie's age-ish but actually a couple years older after she signed with Edgehill? I'm gonna need more details on all this
Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL29 (View Post)
I wondered the same thing. Seems like more of the rewriting of their history. It still bugs me to no end that they've forgotten that whole hospital conversation in S1 where it was clear Deacon already knew Rayna when Lamar kicked her out.
Or that scene in the first half of this season when Rayna is talking to Markus about Maddie, and recounts being all alone when she starting out with no one to turn to. No mention of Deacon in that entire conversation, as if he weren't in her life at that point.

As a whole, the show would instantly be so much better if they could just stick to the backstories they've created for their characters and build on them, instead of constantly rewriting the past to suit whatever new plotline has popped into their heads. I kind of figured Deacon would already know about this guy, too.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 05-21-2016, 09:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Deacon in glasses. PRAISE. If we have to sacrifice getting to hear them sing together again or getting that scene of them both in glasses reading in bed, I'm so glad they at least give us one last glance of him all handsome and bespectacled.

Do we know how much time has passed between last episode and this one? Deacon and Rayna definitely appear to be in a much better spot. And I still love love love how Rayna always calls Daphne "our daughter" like she's his.

Last edited by calidub; 05-21-2016 at 09:33 PM
Old 05-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've been thinking about the whole timeline of when Vince and Rayna interacted (another Vince in their lives - really?).

He looks to me like he's mid 50's, so would have been like 10 years older than Rayna when they met. He probably wasn't all that high up in the music industry then, so they might not have been working together then - they could have just bumped into each other at an industry event or live performance or something. Could have been just before she met Deacon (they met when she was around 16 right?)

Or... If it was after she'd met Deacon, perhaps she didn't want to tell him for fear that Deacon would try to kill the guy... Or maybe he'd had to go home to Natchez for some reason (if his Daddy out his Mama and/or Bev in the hospital or something). Seems a bit too early in their history for Deacon to be a full blown blackout drinker.

Last edited by McTragic; 05-22-2016 at 12:50 AM
Old 05-22-2016, 03:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Does anyone know if Clare and Sam will have an original song in the finale or are we just getting another rehash? I swear if they perform "Rubble" again I'll puke.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Listening to the song previews now.. Rayna/Daphne, SG, Luke/Will
Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-23-2016, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Listening to the song previews now.. Rayna/Daphne, SG, Luke/Will
The Rayna/Daphne song is so lovely, their voices blend so well. Chris/Will sang their song at my show and I liked it, but my love CB will force me to buy hers. It is probably her last song, anywhere ever.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

the Luke/Will one is so weird cause you can mostly hear Luke when both are singing. But it's not bad for a duet with the two, not my thing song wize but not bad. The S/G one is a nice beautiful ballad for them. But the Rayna/Daphne one, wow it's great. Maisy is one talented singer.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

I bought both the SG one and the Rayna/Daphne one... I love Maisy so much, I wish she'd got to sing more on her own (or have bigger parts on a lot of the Maddie/Daphne songs... I like her voice better than Lennon's actually)
Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-23-2016, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
I bought both the SG one and the Rayna/Daphne one... I love Maisy so much, I wish she'd got to sing more on her own (or have bigger parts on a lot of the Maddie/Daphne songs... I like her voice better than Lennon's actually)
Same here. She is amazing. What a strong singer still so young.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:43 PM
Loyal Fan

No songs for me on the last episode.

Really a disappointing year songwise. Too many songs went to guest stars and a certain someone over the main 6, who has been there since day 1. What is probably the end of the show unless Lionsgate by a miracle gets another channel to pick up the show, and no Javery duet in the final season.