Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2015, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyitaly (View Post)
Actually Jeff and Layla are what keep me interested in the show, now that Juliette has ruined my ex favourite character: Avery
how has she ruined him?
Old 02-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I guess I'm the only one who wants Layla and Jeff together?
I am not sure if i like them or not together but i have to say i am warming up to jeff. Do i want them to make jeff the good guy all of a sudden no i like he has edges but i do think they are trying to somewhat redeem him which i am fine with as long as they don't go to far.

i would rather watch them then J&A they are so boring especially juliette i haven't missed her at all
Old 02-27-2015, 03:19 AM
Passionate Fan

FF acting weird, it posted the same message two times, sorry
Old 02-27-2015, 03:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Samantha24 just explained in a nutshell why Juliette has ruined Avery for me.

The pregnancy storyline has made her into a cartoon character, and Avery has just become her cartoon sidekick.

At least I have still hope that his producer-storyline will bring him somewhere interesting again.

Back to Jeff, I'm obsessing over him, but his interactions with Layla are what keep me hooked to the show.
I think he really cares, because he's still telling the truth to her (ie.I don't know if this is just a midlife crisis. Luke doesn't want to sign you on the label.), instead of feeding her lies just to use her.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

The pregnancy storyline has made her into a cartoon character, and Avery has just become her cartoon sidekick.

At least I have still hope that his producer-storyline will bring him somewhere interesting again.

Back to Jeff, I'm obsessing over him, but his interactions with Layla are what keep me hooked to the show.
I think he really cares, because he's still telling the truth to her (ie.I don't know if this is just a midlife crisis. Luke doesn't want to sign you on the label.), instead of feeding her lies just to use her.
She will be back to normal Juliette (and so will Avery) once Hayden's maternity leave is done, they just had to give her little stuff to lessen the stress and not risk her health or the baby's.

I wish I could feel the same about Jeff/Layla but they keep changing her character to try to gain popularity at the expense of others and it annoys me beyond belief. I love Jeff so to see her with him just not my cup of tea. I am hoping he has more chem with Christina when she comes on.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

ok first off the pregnancy s/l has nothing to do with why i don't like Juliette i have never liked her she constantly bores me she comes off a spoiled brat then anything else her coming back full time doesn't thrill me just makes me ff her scene again. As for jj a former gh fan i have always loved him i am just sad he is with her.

Back to jeff and layla i honestly never liked either to be honest jeff was always doing horrible things but we never saw anything good from him which made him a one dimensional character for me and all layla did was whine and spiral. I didn't really get her relationship with jeff it all seemed one sided but i have to say after last night i did see a different side to both characters and so they have my interest so i am going to see where this goes and hopefully it will turn into something.i honestly never thought in a million years they would have my interest but lets see where it goes.

I also have a feeling they maybe setting it up so that Jeff ends up at HWY 65 eventually but i will have to wait and see if my theory is right
Old 02-27-2015, 01:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Can I post a Jeff/Layla video?

I know most of you don't like her, but still...plenty of Oliver Hudson's goodness in it
Old 02-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Can I post a Jeff/Layla video?

I know most of you don't like her, but still...plenty of Oliver Hudson's goodness in it
sure. Heck you can even ask the mods if you want to start a Jeff/Layla thread. They are a thing so they could have a canon thread.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:31 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't see the potential for a Jayla thread here yet, I mean... I would talk to myself in there.

But I'd like to be added to the Jeff's supporters in the first post if it's possible
Old 02-27-2015, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't see the potential for a Jayla thread here yet, I mean... I would talk to myself in there.

But I'd like to be added to the Jeff's supporters in the first post if it's possible
you never know, people might like them and not be vocal about it. I thought I could like them when Layla gave Jeff that ultimatum about him making her album go gold but then they made them go deeper and it felt very OUAT like to me and Aubrey's acting especially in 310 turned me off them. For Jeff I would want to see him more with someone who challenges him like Rayna but obviously not her which is why I liked the go gold album moment because in that moment Layla was (the most interesting I have seen her be) going toe to toe with him.

As for this thread supporters list, I am sure Sarah or Candice will add you when they see your post
Old 02-27-2015, 02:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Thank you.

I can see the problem with Layla as a character in general, at first I wanted to punch her all the time. But then again I felt the same even with Juliette when the show started, so I don't have an issue with changing angles.
Now the only thing that still bothers me about Lyla is that in every scene she has to say something along these lines "Nobody wants to listen what I have to say, nobody cares about me". That's annoying I must say.

Anyway, here is the video.
I thought the song suited them so well, especially Jeff, who is not famous for honesty, and his being with Layla often made me think if is it in him to be honest, because I feel he is, only when he is with her tho.

Jeff/Layla - Honest

p.s. sorry about my bad english, it's not my language
Old 02-27-2015, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Added you to the supporters list

Added myself while I was at it
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-27-2015, 02:44 PM
Passionate Fan

thank you for the add
Old 02-27-2015, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thank you.

I can see the problem with Layla as a character in general, at first I wanted to punch her all the time. But then again I felt the same even with Juliette when the show started, so I don't have an issue with changing angles.
Now the only thing that still bothers me about Lyla is that in every scene she has to say something along these lines "Nobody wants to listen what I have to say, nobody cares about me". That's annoying I must say.

Anyway, here is the video.
I thought the song suited them so well, especially Jeff, who is not famous for honesty, and his being with Layla often made me think if is it in him to be honest, because I feel he is, only when he is with her tho.

Jeff/Layla - Honest

p.s. sorry about my bad english, it's not my language

I don't have a problem with changing angles, I have a problem with changing history. Like for instance when she first started Layla was the kind of girl who would be a little touchy feely with Jeff (jeff told her to stop when she was touching his arm when he introduced her to Juliette and Avery) and sat on ''santa's'' lap to get ahead of Juliette in the media and then when the rivalry with Juliette didn't work, they made the innocent virgin used by Will to make her his victim when she threw herself at him and became clingy for no reason. She sold out Juliette to the tabloid because Will didn't dislike her, she destroyed Scarlett's cue cards when she saw Will and Scarlett were friends, she manipulated Juliette into owing her a favor in exchange for the truth about what she had said about the whole no gods thing. Jeff made threats to Layla that he would fire her if he ever found out she was the one that sold Juliette out yet that never went anywhere. That was one of the moments that I was in love Jeff because I was like there it shows he cares about business but nope they had to ignore that. Will totally got sacrifice to make the audience feel for Layla yet it just did the opposite for me. But mostly it's Aubrey's acting that is the issue for me. They give her material she can't handle. And way too much of it.

But back to Jeff, I just love Oliver Hudson so I want him with the best actors and right now it's not happening. He needs to interact with Rayna, Juliette, Avery etc more. I would love Deacon/Jeff scenes, afterall Jeff went after his daughter. It's always Teddy, Luke, Will and Layla with the occasional Rayna here or there and it just doesn't cut it for me. The Teddy storyline wrote Teddy in a corner so big I don't see him finding an easy way out anytime soon if at all, the Luke and the Will stuff is more about them then Jeff and Layla just, I can't. I wish I could because it would make watching the show way easier for me but I can't.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:55 PM
Passionate Fan

yeah, but continuity has always been a big issue for the show. I remember they handled the Teddy/Peggy storyline with a lot of writing holes as well.

I still consider the show a guilty pleasure, so I take what it comes XD