Old 05-25-2016, 11:14 PM
Extreme Fan

double post
Old 05-25-2016, 11:14 PM
Extreme Fan

True, at least we have that.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:05 AM
Master Fan

Ok so something that I've been thinking about lately. DR have already taken to referring to both girls as our daughters. And we've had some sweet Deacon/Daphne moments lately and seems to now completely think of him as part of the family. So I'm imagining a scenario in the not so distant future (s5? ) where she asks him if she can call him dad. And being afraid that it would upset Teddy if she did. But if both Teddy and Deacon can be dad to Maddie why can't they both be dad to her too
Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-26-2016, 02:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Glad they were together in the end and all, but it was completely incongruous with what they've been feeding us for the past few episodes. I don't understand why they felt they had to open up a huge can of worms so close to the finale. There was just no way they could have resolved this both believably and happily. I would've been more satisfied with an ending that felt a bit more uncertain rather than them all linking arms and heading home together.

I have more thoughts on this of course but I'm going to sleep on it first.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 05-26-2016, 06:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22 Umbrellas (View Post)
Glad they were together in the end and all, but it was completely incongruous with what they've been feeding us for the past few episodes. I don't understand why they felt they had to open up a huge can of worms so close to the finale. There was just no way they could have resolved this both believably and happily. I would've been more satisfied with an ending that felt a bit more uncertain rather than them all linking arms and heading home together.

I have more thoughts on this of course but I'm going to sleep on it first.
I definitely agree with this. It was all too rushed, and didn't make much sense. Especially where they were supposedly building up to this all season. This show has always been bad with pacing though. If they had really wanted to do this storyline, this emancipation crap should have come mid-season and there should have at least been two or three episodes of Maddie living on her own realizing being an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Also, I know that making a point about how women are treated poorly by men and women in the music business was important, but it all just felt so contrived. I mean what are the chances that the dude would be hitting on Maddie at the exact moment she's reading the letter and Deacon would show up just at the right time. None of that felt even remotely real to me. Hence bad writing = cancellation.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

The pacing on this show is absolutely terrible. Let's pile on crap until the last possible moment and then rush to fix it. But after where they were last episode I'd still rather they rush to fix it than leave everything broken

From someone who was an extra during the final scene

Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-26-2016, 08:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Ok so something that I've been thinking about lately. DR have already taken to referring to both girls as our daughters. And we've had some sweet Deacon/Daphne moments lately and seems to now completely think of him as part of the family. So I'm imagining a scenario in the not so distant future (s5? ) where she asks him if she can call him dad. And being afraid that it would upset Teddy if she did. But if both Teddy and Deacon can be dad to Maddie why can't they both be dad to her too
Season 5, here we come.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
At least it ended with them all back together

x
I love the look on Maisy's face in the last part of the scene. She's looking over at Chip waiting for him to glance her way, and when he does they both break out into big grins. I'm pretty certain silliness ensued about 2 seconds after this take was filmed. He's too cute with those girls.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
From someone who was an extra during the final scene
Thanks for sharing that. At least Chip's sense of humor never fails to make me smile. They really did look like they were about to go skipping off into the sunset. And the gifs are out of context, but it really was a shade too cute for what they'd all just been through.

I don't want to be all, "All series finales should end with an epilogue! Time jumps fix everything!" but the more I think about it, a time jump was the only way to conclude this well. They had thrown every character and relationship into such turmoil halfway through the episode, that tidying everything up in real time would never be emotionally satisfying.

One of the huge problems was the cut after Deacon told Maddie "It's your choice" and the next minute everyone is reuniting at the venue. What happened on the way there? I mean, of course I totally get why they didn't show it. What could she possibly have said to him? There wasn't time to go there. But what makes me mad is it seems like the whole reason they even created this storyline was to drive home a parallel between Maddie and teenage Rayna except that it ended up being so heavy-handed and contrived that it fell flat for me. Not to mention the rewriting history part of it all.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 05-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Maybe You’ll Appreciate Me Someday | ABC Press

They added some new stills/bts pics from their last scene
Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-26-2016, 07:08 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
Also, I know that making a point about how women are treated poorly by men and women in the music business was important, but it all just felt so contrived. I mean what are the chances that the dude would be hitting on Maddie at the exact moment she's reading the letter and Deacon would show up just at the right time. None of that felt even remotely real to me. Hence bad writing = cancellation.
This! All this.

I don't feel the writers got any of the Maddie and the seasoned Music Producer storyline right. I agree that none of it was real. I know the writers didn't want to come down too heavy on this storyline for the beloved character Maddie's sake. After all, she is Rayna Jaymes' 16 year old daughter and besides being with Colt that one time is as innocent, naïve, and sheltered as they come. Viewers might have been outraged if the plot had been too violent. But if I'm being real here, there was absolutely nothing in those scenes that were so terrible. Everything was handled with kid-gloves. The guy took her to his den (a place she willingly went), gave her a drink (One she accepted willingly), and touched her arm. Now, I'm not saying what he did was all right, because it definitely was not. He was a sleazy slum bag, and I am very glad he was stopped. But in REAL LIFE, Maddie probably would have been pushed around, pawed at, and worse case scenario, raped.

Sure, she was upset by what occurred, but it didn't seem to me that she should have been traumatized for life by it. Everything was too convenient and pat and predictable.......Maddie reading Talia's text with Rayna's link attached and Deacon showing up just in the nick of time to save his daughter just doesn't make sense. And What's up.... Does this guy not have locks on his door so that just anybody can come storming into his house? I don't think so. Hence, Bad planning and Bad writing.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
This! All this.

I don't feel the writers got any of the Maddie and the seasoned Music Producer storyline right. I agree that none of it was real. I know the writers didn't want to come down too heavy on this storyline for the beloved character Maddie's sake. After all, she is Rayna Jaymes' 16 year old daughter and besides being with Colt that one time is as innocent, naïve, and sheltered as they come. Viewers might have been outraged if the plot had been too violent. But if I'm being real here, there was absolutely nothing in those scenes that were so terrible. Everything was handled with kid-gloves. The guy took her to his den (a place she willingly went), gave her a drink (One she accepted willingly), and touched her arm. Now, I'm not saying what he did was all right, because it definitely was not. He was a sleazy slum bag, and I am very glad he was stopped. But in REAL LIFE, Maddie probably would have been pushed around, pawed at, and worse case scenario, raped.

Sure, she was upset by what occurred, but it didn't seem to me that she should have been traumatized for life by it. Everything was too convenient and pat and predictable.......Maddie reading Talia's text with Rayna's link attached and Deacon showing up just in the nick of time to save his daughter just doesn't make sense. And What's up.... Does this guy not have locks on his door so that just anybody can come storming into his house? I don't think so. Hence, Bad planning and Bad writing.
I can't tell you how much this comment disturbs me. Yes, Maddie went willingly with him to see the rest of his place, so what? She accepted a drink from him, one that appeared to be non-alcoholic, so what? Is it suddenly her fault that creepy guy started creeping on her? I don't think so.

And he did much more than just touch her arm. She was clearly upset after reading Rayna's letter and was attempting to get away from him, something he wouldn't allow her to do. She tried to get up off the couch and he kept her from doing that too. Then he moved in closer and closer to her, the whole time she's asking him to stop. He stroked her leg, touched her arm, and was running his fingers through her hair, all the while moving in closer and closer when Deacon showed up. No, she wasn't raped, but she was assaulted.

Maddie did absolutely nothing wrong here, creepy producer did.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

So I actually finished a video for the first time in foreverrr. And it's about the emancipation mess, go figure. Let's call this therapy

Sarah [youtube]
Old 06-06-2016, 02:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

That was really good! Gave me the feels!