Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)

It's weird but she didn't bother me in last ep. At least, Deacon isn't alone and miserable about Rayna. They're keeping each other company while on tour but there's nothing more.
THIS! I totally agree. At least he is trying to focus on other things and having fun. Pam is temporary but i kind of like her. She is wild like Deacon and share the same passion in terms of music. She is a distraction and soooooooo muuuuuuuch better than Megan!

Am i the only one who can´t handle Nashville right now?. I think writers are on acid or something. The storylines are just stupid and anything but interesting.

They will give us one episode with Rayna and Deacon and it will probably be the one of the finale when we had to put up with Luke most of the season. I still can´t believe Rayna and Deacon had like two happy episodes overall in season 1 and 2. too much chemistry wasted.
friendswithbenefits
Old 10-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Extreme Fan

I think the only thing that bugs me a little about Pam is that she would not be someone I'd want Maddie to know about. Although it may never come up. She does seem like a distraction with no (apparent) interest on either side of making it more than a tour fling.

I never considered the call might not really have been a sister, but anything's possible with this writing team.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

So far it doesn't seem like either Pam or Deacon see this as anything but a tour fling. If the tour ended tomorrow they'd both just go on with their separate lives. She knows she's nothing but a distraction for him. She's just looking for someone to spend time with on tour. So whatever. As long as they don't start coming up with reasons to keep her around I'm fine. Get Deacon the hell off that tour but until then I'm not particularly bothered by Pam.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 10-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMallie (View Post)
They will give us one episode with Rayna and Deacon and it will probably be the one of the finale when we had to put up with Luke most of the season. I still can´t believe Rayna and Deacon had like two happy episodes overall in season 1 and 2. too much chemistry wasted.
This reminds me of an older article about Nashville which said that the writers keep delaying the storylines we want to see. I think it's still true in season 3.

Does someone know what article I'm talking about and happen to have the link ? I'm sorry, I only vaguely remember it.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've seen that theme in several reviews before. I used to think Nashville wasn't scared of keeping a main couple apart - with the events of 1x12 and 1x18 happening so early... but man, they just keep delaying and delaying anything we want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMallie (View Post)
THIS! I totally agree. At least he is trying to focus on other things and having fun. Pam is temporary but i kind of like her. She is wild like Deacon and share the same passion in terms of music. She is a distraction and soooooooo muuuuuuuch better than Megan!
I'm with you there. I would not want to watch Deacon being miserable and alone for half the season and I'm happy that this isn't a serious relationship like Stacey and Megan - rather Pam just seems like a fun distraction.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I've had enough sad Deacon.

Spoiler:
Old 10-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratewench78 (View Post)
Yeah, I've had enough sad Deacon.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 10-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
This reminds me of an older article about Nashville which said that the writers keep delaying the storylines we want to see. I think it's still true in season 3.

Does someone know what article I'm talking about and happen to have the link ? I'm sorry, I only vaguely remember it.
Nashville on ABC: In its second season, time to kill off a few characters.

found it (so much truth in this article)

Quote:
Nashville has a serious case of Disposable Significant Other Disease. There are currently four ancillary characters on Nashville playing the temporary love interest, a boyfriend or girlfriend who might as well have “waiting to be dumped” tattooed on his or her forehead. This is a byproduct of the fact that Nashville has the scaredy-cat show’s habit of saving plot for later. (The entire first season was devoted to keeping Rayna and Deacon apart until there were only a handful of episodes left.) But saving plot for later means the characters are stuck treading water. To distract from their lack of forward progress, Nashville gives them someone to make out with.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 10-24-2014, 03:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
That's the one. Thanks
Old 10-24-2014, 04:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Whoever wrote this is probably ripping their hair out at how much worse it's gotten.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratewench78 (View Post)
Whoever wrote this is probably ripping their hair out at how much worse it's gotten.
Yup. the amount of secondary, recurring and downright useless characters on this show is staggering. And the plot is basically no further along than when that article was written. I can count on 1 hand the important plotlines from season 2. And I'm not seeing too many emerging from the season 3 cauldron of wackiness.
The very definition of hot mess.

2 episodes!! 2 episodes Rayna and Deacon have been together. In what? 48 episodes altogether?? That's rubbish.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)

2 episodes!! 2 episodes Rayna and Deacon have been together. In what? 48 episodes altogether?? That's rubbish.
EXACTLY!

it´s amazing how we still put up with this BS and even got a 3rd season. writers should thanks US cause this season is like a trainwreck and we are still kind of watching. I say ´kind´cause i FF a lot!
friendswithbenefits
Old 10-24-2014, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)

And what's worse is that she's been with Luke for over 20. It's been a full season of her with Luke
Sarah [youtube]
Old 10-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And what's worse is that she's been with Luke for over 20. It's been a full season of her with Luke
Old 10-24-2014, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

episode numbers like that depress the sht out of me. NOOOOO