Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2017, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

I can't explain the speech. I think it has a deeper meaning that we will figure out as we go along. I did notice that he mentions the importance of truth and I thought of how he never lies to Liz. I also thought that his feeling of death all around could also be synonymous with the guilt and exclusion he's feeling.

I also loved his speech at the end about the pain of losing someone.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Marilyn, him talking about truth was the one that stood out for me as well and I had to think right of him never lying to Liz as well It's so funny, right? How our thoughts jump right away to this part of the whole speech.

But you're right. I guess it's one with a deeper meaning... I hope it doesn't mean we'll see him die anytime soon. Or somebody else.

You mean the speech that he gave Natalie? I loved it as well. And she right away connected to him. It was interesting to see.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

And for him to talk about the truth being found in words but also looks and actions. I think he's. Talking about the truth he is finding in Lizs actions. I wonder if he is thinking about her saying Raymond I do love... And yet she is acting the way she is. What is the truth from her.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He really scared me with his speech. I think he really feels like death is on his doorstep and I think for the first time in his life that is scaring him. At least that is what I got from his speech.

The speech he gave Natalie about losing someone really touched me as well. He has lost so many people in his already.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

He never cared if he died before. Why does he feel differently now ?
Old 02-05-2017, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
And for him to talk about the truth being found in words but also looks and actions. I think he's. Talking about the truth he is finding in Lizs actions. I wonder if he is thinking about her saying Raymond I do love... And yet she is acting the way she is. What is the truth from her.
It's so contradicting... I don't get it either. You really could believe she only said it because she felt pity in this moment and wanted to feel better because she faked her death.

I agree, Miranda... The most important question just is: Why would he be so afraid of it especially now?

Okay, Marilyn, I hadn't read your post yet when I typed my last question But great brains think alike I really don't know.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

We do think alike!! I don't know why he feels differently unless it's because of Kaplan. I kind of feel like he's ready to die. Maybe that's the difference. In the past he knew he could die but he worked to survive. Now he doesn't care and feels death creeping closer because he is not running as hard from it?
Old 02-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think because of all his world cracking around him, i think after Liz, Kate betrayal, he lost self confidence and he doesn't have fight in him any more.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Maybe he cares more now because of Liz and Agnes. He lost his family before and went rogue but has another family now. Liz has shut him out but he still holds out hope she will let him be a part of their lives. Maybe he wants out now.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
We do think alike!! I don't know why he feels differently unless it's because of Kaplan. I kind of feel like he's ready to die. Maybe that's the difference. In the past he knew he could die but he worked to survive. Now he doesn't care and feels death creeping closer because he is not running as hard from it?
That exactly how I see it. It's like he gave up and doesn't care anymore. I think he might feel that he has nothing to live for anymore and that makes him vulnerable and he might let his guard down and therefore is an easier target.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
If that is true, I'm even more than just worried now. Because it would imply that he has a death wish and that's such a sad thought... Why now? Because of Kaplan? She was the one who betrayed him, he doesn't deserve death for his actions.

Aga, it's true, I don't feel any self confidence in him anymore. And like I said before, his joy of life is gone and when a person's joy of life is gone, what else is left? Nothing...

Quote:
Maybe he cares more now because of Liz and Agnes. He lost his family before and went rogue but has another family now. Liz has shut him out but he still holds out hope she will let him be a part of their lives. Maybe he wants out now.
That's the most beautiful thought I've read about it so far and I love it. Wouldn't that be fantastic? It would carry this glimpse of hope.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Susana I love that idea too

And no I don't think he should feel this way because of Kaplan. I think maybe it's everything put together. He's just tired. And I guess even confused about what the truth is because he says truth is elusive. I think this started as a search for the killer of his family. I don't think he ever intended to meet Liz but because of Tom he had to and now he has her thoughts and feelings to think about. Before it was just him and he could do as he pleased. I know he had Ddmbe and Kaplan but I don't think the actions he took would have caused them harm. Now he has Liz and she is so involved and he can't control the situation.

I don't think he ever wanted to hurt anyone and now Liz is hates him and Kaplan is dead.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We also shouldn't forget he has been on the run for over 25 years and that he has been a criminal for that long. I am sure that is tiring. I do agree with you guys that he shouldn't feel this way because of Kaplan cause she betrayed him and not the other way around.

I agree with Marilyn, I think it's everything put together. He constantly needs to be on top of his game. Nobody can keep that up for that long.

That's a beautiful thought Susana and I would love for you to be right about that.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

From now on we should just name all the James Spader threads "Spader is awesome"

What a performance. Omg. When his car was stolen. I laughed so hard. I had no idea he was describing Ddmbe and Baz. And he talked about Dembes muscles and power shakes. Rotflmao. He was just like a bumbling old man. The police did not take him seriously.

The rest of his scenes. Losing his friend. Him and Dembe. Talking to Liz. Sheer perfection.

Here's my question should be not have tried to rescue his friend from jail? Was that the problem? Is he being wreckless? I didn't really see it that way. Knowing Red of course he will try to save his friend. Maybe he should not have personally gone.

I'm thinking about Coper and Dembes reaction. Are they worried for Red? Thoughts?
Old 02-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

James was stunning in the episode again, I agree. The stolen car scene and these 'nicknames' for Baz and Dembe It was amazing!!!

And then him losing his friend, it almost made me cry. It was so heartbreaking.

I somehow think that Red is overprotective... I've realized these tendencies lately, when it comes to Liz and Agnes, when it comes to his friend. His friend wasn't in any harm so far in that prison but he trusted nobody and wanted to get him out. I think he really don't trusts anybody anymore and he really can't bear to lose even more people. It's so complex what's happening with him lately...