Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2018, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I totally agree with you on your last post Kris. I am very curious to find out who he really is but the fact that he lied was the hardest for me. Exactly because I am so invested in this character.
He said he never lied to Liz. And with that he for the very first time broke it. Or maybe he didn't. Did he ever say to her that he was Raymond Reddington? I doubt that, really. Everybody assumed and 'verified' it was him... But he never said that he was to her. So with other things like the Tom thingy that he simply didn't tell her but in that case not lied to her it's been similar... It's him not telling her things which isn't lying for him. It would be for some though.

Marilyn, true... He had told her before that he wasn't her father. And why did she never asked him about the night of the fire, apologize for shooting him there, ask him how he survived and stuff like that...

x
Old 11-05-2018, 09:34 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

Marilyn, true... He had told her before that he wasn't her father. And why did she never asked him about the night of the fire, apologize for shooting him there, ask him how he survived and stuff like that...
I agree... I think Elizabeth wanted Red to be her father and she didn't think of it...
Old 11-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by katastrofi (View Post)
I agree... I think Elizabeth wanted Red to be her father and she didn't think of it...
Oh yes, that's my thought exactly She so badly wanted to have family and with the protectiveness he showed towards her, she wanted him to be. I get that to some degree. Still she should have known better.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes she definitly should have known better. She asked him so many times and all those times he said no so when Cooper handed her the DNA results she should have known something wasn't right and he never told her that he was her father. Never.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

z: I found a couple… to take the baby. Thinking about it is one thing, but actually doing it… How did she do it– my mother?
Red: Your parents loved each other very much. The Cold War was hard– too hard for your father. When the Soviet Union was collapsing, he took you from her. She gave up everything to follow him, to follow you.
Liz: The night of the fire– that’s what they were arguing about?
Red: Your mother, despite what he’d done, she wanted him back. She wanted them to be a family. As much as it pains me to say it, he was probably… the only man she ever really loved.
Liz: And I shot him.
Red: It was an accident.
Liz: Tell me. I need to know.
Red: Your mother was never the same after that. The man she loved killed by the child she adored– it was… just too much. Two months later, she went to Cape May and left her clothes on the beach, walked into the ocean, and was never seen again.
Liz: So, that night, I killed both my parents.
Red: You were a child. There should never have been a gun for you to grab.
Liz: [ Sniffles ]
Red: Looking back, I’m not sure I shouldn’t have raised you myself. I don’t want you looking back with that kind of regret.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

True, he never once told her 'I am your father.' He didn't because he isn't and therewith he would have lied to her. But he swore to never do it.

How can the father have taken Liz if she was with Kaplan the whole time? I'll never understand that, really.
So if the news about the fire, that Kaplan and Liz saw in the Requiem episode were really about THE night of the fire, it would all be a lie... Red's whole story because Liz was with Kaplan then I don't get it, really.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Katarina followed the real Red and Kaplan went too but Kaplan remained in the hotel when Katarina confronted Raymond and the fire happened. But it still doesn't explain it does it. Red has burn marks. He got Liz out of the fire. I always felt like he took Liz to Sam.

Then we have Cape May which implies that Red saved Liz and not Katarina. Idk.

I worry we are heading to a Katarina is Red finale.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is so confusing all of it. I always thought that Red was the one that brought Liz to Sam as well but it was Kaplan and the episode has to accurate right? cause it was wasn't why make that episode and confuse us even more..

If that is true than I am going to so so mad and I am going to stop watching the show immediately. Or it has to be revealed int the series finale but I will never be able to deal with that outcome cause it is just madness.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

True... They fled the fire and Kaplan remained with Liz in the motel room, right? And by the look of it I really think it was in the US? Anybody else?

Requiem showed us some side of the story. But Kaplan never was there the night of the fire so she couldn't remember what happened there. It's his side of the story that is missing for us.
It's possible that Red saved Liz after all. He could have saved her and gotten her out of the fire somehow. Maybe him saving Katarina wasn't meant for the night of the fire but later on he couldn't save her?
Old 11-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

I too think they were in the US.

I can agree about that he saved Liz and later could not save Katarina.

In lady Ambrosia Red says the Cold War was too much for Lizs father. I wonder what that meant.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm intrigued about what that meant about the cold war being to much for her dad as well...

Right now I'm not sure if I brought this one over before... It's James with a fan:

x
Old 11-11-2018, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes it definitly seemed to me like an all American motel room so it had to be in the US.

I still think that Red saved Liz the night of the fire. How else did he get so severely burned on his back? It is very unlikely that he got that from another fire.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you see it the same way So it all happened in the States or at least an English speaking county like maybe Canada... But my guess is the states still.

Yes, same here. I as well think he saved her. And yes, maybe he stayed back on the floor then because he was hurt somehow in the process but got out somehow still. And nobody knew. Because whoever he was, there must be an explanation how he disappeared or died, right? When he took over the Raymond Reddington identity, what did they tell the world?
Old 11-12-2018, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

The Cold War was too much for her father. To me I think that means that her father either gave in to corruption or fear. I think he was compromised in some way and made bad choices
Old 11-12-2018, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay... I really couldn't and still can't make anything out of it. I wish we'd know what he'd done. I really wish. In the flashback to the fire from season 2 it always seemed as if her father wanted to protect her. He hid her and he defended her.