Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2022, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

9x09: "BOUKMAN BAPTISTE" Episode Discussion Thread (01/20/2022 @ 8PM)

9x09 | Boukman Baptiste
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
A spate of coordinated attacks on Red’s lieutenants puts Dembe in imminent danger, prompting him to relive the events that led him to join the FBI two years earlier.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Omg. Omg. And this is my show! Wow! Words absolutely fail me. What an episode!!!!!

Absolutely perfect! Hisham absolutely shined in his episode. And my Red admitted he was wrong. And apologized. I am back in love with this show. How is that even possible?

Even Ressler realized there was no one to blame. And he helped dembe and he was honest with Red.

And the ending. Wow. Spectacular
Old 01-22-2022, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Good eppy , best of the season so far for me....

- We all knew Cooper was going to completely disregard Red's decision not to have Dembe on the case
- Really liked Gerard telling Red he was being stupid and trying to help getting their friendship back together..
- Ressler trying to help with Red/Dembe friendship, oh my never thought I would see that!
- Poor Dembe though, with all the stress he went through and Red just leaving him in the lurch..
- Glad that Dembe and his daughter reconciled
- Now I do wonder who told regarding Liz's death. I am thinking though maybe one of Red's intel, like his bodyguard
- Lovely ending too, they are so alike...

I am hoping this episode is the first step in getting their friendship back on track...
Old 01-22-2022, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode was so amazing. Full of suspence. Like the show always used to be. One of the best episodes so far.

So now we finally know what happened between Red and Dembe in these two years and why he became an agent. I really hope their bond can be restored again now that it has been proven that Dembe didn't lead Vandyke to Liz. I do wonder who did lead him to Liz though.

Loved seeing Dembe and Isabella together. Was it the same actress as the last time we saw Isabella or was it a different one?

What a surprise to see Marvin again!
Old 01-22-2022, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved the episode sooo much. I was so afraid before it aired and man, am I relieved that all my fears were totally wiped away in the end.

First of all, it wasn't Dembe who led Vandyke towards Liz and it wasn't Liz either. It was a betrayal and if you ask me, it has something to do with Panabaker giving the order for Liz being killed when found. I think it was the government that somehow is responsible here, if not even Panabaker herself.

Dembe and Isabella are back on good terms I'm so happy about that.

And look at Red and Agnes My poor heart.

I was super surprised about Ressler and that he neither wanted Red nor Dembe dead and therefore really helped. I loved it so much.

I'm fed up with Red's women. I hate that part of the show, honestly.

Marvin was back!!!!! I sooooo love him sooooo much!
Old 01-22-2022, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

Diamond I loved seeing Marvin tell Red to get his head out of his rear end. It was no one’s fault. Certainly not dembe. I was also glad he told him that Liz should never be his successor. Not only was killing him a horrible idea. But Liz didn’t have the temperament to run the organization. She had no loyalty or compassion. And the first time she got mad she would be willing to blow the whole world up to get even.

I loved that Ressler stepped in to say he doesn’t blame them even though he wanted to. And he helped Red and Dembe both. Finally. What a good thing to see.

Kris I love your idea about Pannabaker who is now a senator. You may be on to something. I know I suspected her a while back but not of this but just of being the big bad and going after cooper. Heck at one time I thought she might be Katarina.

Miranda I kinda thought it a different actress. And we still have no idea if dembe knows she planted a bug on him.

The conversations on race and policing were very well done. I am glad Isabella understood and I liked getting coopers perspective and seeing why he helped dembe.

I’m tired of reds women too.

Oh my that ending with the. Reading the story was the best!!!

Last edited by Fangirl49; 01-22-2022 at 08:05 AM
Old 01-22-2022, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
Diamond I loved seeing Marvin tell Red to get his head out of his rear end. It was no one’s fault.
, great to see Marvin back
Old 01-25-2022, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)

Miranda I kinda thought it a different actress. And we still have no idea if dembe knows she planted a bug on him.
I thought the same thing. That it was a different actress. Oh and I totally forgot about her planting the bug on him! When did that happen again?
Old 01-25-2022, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

When she was working with Liz to kill Red
Old 01-27-2022, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

wow I forgot a lot!
Old 02-06-2022, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I sped through the episodes and watched just certain scenes to get to this episode everyone is raving about (from the comments here lol), and yes it was so good. One of the best episodes of this series!

The ending especially.
Old 02-07-2022, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Now everybody is totally into Panabaker being the bad guy here It's just pure speculation but I'm always suspicious as soon as a person of high rank becomes senator. I don't trust senators at all on that show.

Cece, you sped through the rest of the season? That's not good

But Dembe's daughter wasn't a different actress, was she?

I'm still in awe about Marvin being back. Do you guys think we'll see him more often from now on?
Old 02-07-2022, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

I would love to see more of Marvin.
Old 02-09-2022, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me, too Now that most of Red's old team are dead or gone, it was a really nice change.