Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2022, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

9x08: "DR. RAZMIK MAIER" Episode Discussion Thread (01/13/2022 @ 8PM)

9x08 | Dr. Razmik Maier
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
The death of a professional tennis player leads the Task Force to a doctor who may be fixing the odds for a major sports betting syndicate. Red digs deeper into Dembe’s betrayal. Ressler struggles with sobriety.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Noooooooo!!!!
Old 01-14-2022, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

No? Why?

I just finished the episode and I thought it a good one. Not bad, not fantastic but good.

Oookay, I don't really know where to start. Red was left by his girlfriend, again... I totally get why she left tbh and still he couldn't let go and had to seek the ghosts of the past.

The Dembe/Red talk in the car. OMFG, it gave me goose bumps and it almost made me cry. I never thought it would be addressed so quickly and directly as it was. Red just told him and that he blamed him (I guess as much as himself). It was heartbreaking, don't you think?

Cooper, man! I'm really wondering what's going on there and why people do what they do. I still can't see a reason why somebody would blackmail Cooper like that.

Ressler, trying to overcome his addiction. Do you think we'll see him in the morning in the office or will that be something that'll happen off screen? I loved that Park is still calling him out on it. Way to go!

The case was interesting as well but I thought it stupid that they so relied on that guy for help. First to call and warn the athlete and the Aram even leaves her with him, ALONE!
Old 01-14-2022, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

I’m screaming No over red and Dembe. My little heart is breaking.

I felt the same as you about the episode. It wasn’t awesome but it held my interest. Without Liz, my stress level is fairly normal about the show.

Red did not wait to tell Dembe anything. That surprised me too. And I guess Dembe wasn’t someone he wanted to play games with or get the upper hand. So I guess it makes sense to tell him. There was nothing to be gained by not telling him.

I hate that they are making what happened to Liz be Dembes fault. Although, I look at it just like I do with Red. That nothing was intentional. Dembe did not intend for this to happen. And I hate for dembe to feel like it was his fault. I don’t want him to carry that baggage with him. What happened was a tragic mistake. It wasn’t intentional.

I don’t want red and Dembe to be at odds over this. I guess we will eventually find out more about why Dembe left. But I just need them to forgive each other.

It was hard watching that scene with Dembe at reds side. It was just like the old days. And I miss it.

I like that park is holding Ressler accountable. I’m glad he has her and I am glad she is not giving him an inch. She is forcing his hand and I am glad. I can’t believe he stole prescriptions at that lady’s murder scene.

Yeah cooper this is getting bad for you. Why do I think this friend who is helping him is going to turn out tobe the bad guy?

I wasn’t invested in reds new girlfriend. Can we just get Anne back? But I do get her point and agree. She was wise to walk away. Do you think Red was in love with her? He had tears in his eyes. Wow!
Old 01-14-2022, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Good eppy

Did think it was rather that it was a tennis storyline..

Ressler seriously needs to get a hit round the head. I'm glad that Park gave him a stern talking to

I had a feeling Red's girlfriend would go, don't blame her, but I couldn't get invested in this relationship at all. Give us back Anne!!

Aww Red/Dembe, I don't know how they are going to come back from this and now more guilt for Dembe..

Also Cooper, he's an FBI director and he picked up the phone

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 01-15-2022 at 03:48 AM
Old 01-16-2022, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

About it being a tennis storyline I had to laugh as well What a coincidence, huh?

And yes, why did Cooper pick up the phone without gloves or anything I didn't get it either and was rolling my eyes on it.

I'm all with you. It's not Dembe's fault. Man, he wanted for Liz to know the truth before she decided to go along with Red's plan and I can't blame him. As we saw, it worked. She couldn't and didn't want to do it anymore.
I'm really curious how far this investigation on how that guy found them will go and what will be revealed along the way. I think it super interesting.

I wasn't invested in Red and his new girlfriend either. But I think he might have loved her since they spend two years together It's been wise though that she left. Although I don't care at all. I want more of Red and Agnes! Period

Dembe, oh yes I guess he wasn't aware that he had been followed and in the end might have lead Liz into her death And still it was Red who organized all the scenery.
Old 01-16-2022, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Red and Dembe broke my heart. I don't think these two will ever come together again. Red blaming Dembe for Liz's death made me cry. It's just as much Red's fault as it is Dembe's. Red came up with this idiot plan.

I wasn't surprised Red's girlfriend left. Although I never saw her as his girlfriend. I just want Anne back as well. I know that's not possible. but this between Mierce and Red never felt like a relationship to me.

I am glad Alina talked to Ressler the way she did. Hopefully now he sees that he can't get clean without any help and I hope Alina will be there to help him.

The rest of the episode didn't interest me.
Old 01-16-2022, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
Although I never saw her as his girlfriend. I just want Anne back as well. I know that's not possible. but this between Mierce and Red never felt like a relationship to me.
Me neither..
Old 01-16-2022, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah Cooper answering the phone!!! I was screaming at the tv.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really wish for them to not write them that stupid. And lets be honest, aren't the actors somehow giving their input either? It can't be soo hard to take a handkerchief or something before touching the phone...